Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1531
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles
 
scubadiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 253

For those of you disappointed in not being able to book this or that. We all like DCL, they have great assistance when on the ship. But face it, their IT dept sucks. They have people who will help you, they have people who will find others who can help. On the ship they will bend over backwards to make it happen or fix things. but the website and ability to book excurisions, Palo sucks. But we all look past it as the experience is what we want. In the end, for the most part, a real person will enter the picture and know what is right and wrong. I found this to be true in the maiden to hawaii. Do not sweat it, pour another glass of wine and enjoy....life is too short. Disney IT sucks.
__________________
Dad, Mom, & tax deductions (11 & 14)

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #1532
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
For those of you disappointed in not being able to book this or that. We all like DCL, they have great assistance when on the ship. But face it, their IT dept sucks. They have people who will help you, they have people who will find others who can help. On the ship they will bend over backwards to make it happen or fix things. but the website and ability to book excurisions, Palo sucks. But we all look past it as the experience is what we want. In the end, for the most part, a real person will enter the picture and know what is right and wrong. I found this to be true in the maiden to hawaii. Do not sweat it, pour another glass of wine and enjoy....life is too short. Disney IT sucks.
I agree that is why I didnt stress Thurs night/Friday am. The Palo reservations are up and the time on our Malata tour has been fixed so we can book it. No organization is perfect and it looks like DCL has IT issues but not bad enough that they don't get fixed and we can book the excursions.
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #1533
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Bay Area
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavinABlast View Post
The DISboards won't allow me to private message you as I only have 2 posts. Would you mind private messaging me? Thanks!
Hi, I just sent you the information. Please look in your notifications when you log in.

Thanks,

Geri
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1534
epcotrulz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 363

On our last 12 night we were able to pretty much eat in Palo whenever we wanted, I think we ate there five nights . . . that being said I will still book June 15th as that will be our 15 year anniversary!

Glad that 3/1 midnight is a Friday!!
epcotrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1535
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Bay Area
Posts: 546

Just Booked a DIY in Rome

We have finalized our plans for Rome with Rome in Limo. We are planning to have a private art historian/guide for the Vatican, Pantheon, and Palatine Hill.

We are taking the train into S. Pietro and taking the bus to the front entrance of the tour/museum.

We are purchasing tickets online through the Vatican website. You can purchase the tickets 90 days in advance to skip the line.

For 4 of us, it will cost $140EU for the guide from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This will give us enough time to also stop over at Three coins in the Fountain and have lunch, too.

The BIRG tickets are separate. We paid $64EU last time for 5 of us. You can use the same tickets for the Bus.

We are excited!

We will be finalizing our plans for the rest this weekend.

Keep you all posted.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #1536
cameron991
Mouseketeer
 
cameron991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 477

Hi All-

quick question...I signed up for the FE via the link on this thread...i noticed there is also a link on the FB page. Do I need to sign up both places?

Suzanne
__________________
cameron991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #1537
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron991
Hi All-

quick question...I signed up for the FE via the link on this thread...i noticed there is also a link on the FB page. Do I need to sign up both places?

Suzanne
I think they are being combined.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #1538
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotrulz View Post
On our last 12 night we were able to pretty much eat in Palo whenever we wanted, I think we ate there five nights . . . that being said I will still book June 15th as that will be our 15 year anniversary!

Glad that 3/1 midnight is a Friday!!
We're not gonna go there on the 15th...even though it's my birthday...I spent my last birthday on the Magic in Palo though
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #1539
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron991 View Post
Hi All-

quick question...I signed up for the FE via the link on this thread...i noticed there is also a link on the FB page. Do I need to sign up both places?

Suzanne
Not to worry...we'll make sure the FE organizer has both
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #1540
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer
 
MoonDaughter23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotrulz View Post
On our last 12 night we were able to pretty much eat in Palo whenever we wanted, I think we ate there five nights . . . that being said I will still book June 15th as that will be our 15 year anniversary!
That gives me hope for trying to get a Brunch in. Fingers crossed!

Happy early Anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
We're not gonna go there on the 15th...even though it's my birthday...I spent my last birthday on the Magic in Palo though
And Happy early Birthday!
__________________

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #1541
Maleficent59
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: California
Posts: 319

Excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Hi Maleficient59 and family! Were you able to get the excursions you wanted or did you find some were not available already?
Hi,

I booked everything the next day. I didn't stress the Palo dinner reservations as I figured they just didn't have them up (I was on the plane while I was booking and the connection was really slow). The only excursions sold out are the private tours (one or two in various ports except Malta) so if you are planning one of these and can't book yet, I recommend having a back-up plan. Malta is sold out of the Segway Tour. Everything else is still available as of tonight. BTW, I'm not on the cruise ... my family is!

Good luck!!
Maleficent59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #1542
HavinABlast
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Hi, I just sent you the information. Please look in your notifications when you log in.

Thanks,

Geri
Thank you!! What a great idea. Thanks for initiating it.
HavinABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #1543
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent59 View Post
Hi,

I booked everything the next day. I didn't stress the Palo dinner reservations as I figured they just didn't have them up (I was on the plane while I was booking and the connection was really slow). The only excursions sold out are the private tours (one or two in various ports except Malta) so if you are planning one of these and can't book yet, I recommend having a back-up plan. Malta is sold out of the Segway Tour. Everything else is still available as of tonight. BTW, I'm not on the cruise ... my family is!

Good luck!!
Ah - that makes sense then as there is a Maleficent1959 - I'm guessing that's your family?
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #1544
Maleficent59
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: California
Posts: 319

Hi!

My daughter asked me sign them up (it's my DD, my DMIL, and aunts) under my user name as she's not one to frequent the boards; you can tell that I don't post a whole lot either. My MIL joined us for several Dis-events in the past (I think the first one was an all-Dis group chartered boat trip to swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman), but she's not on the boards either. We've been doing DisMeets (and occasional FE exchanges) for a decade so DD looks forward to all of it on the cruises. And of course, to meeting others her age!

Actually, just logged in to get an idea of the excursions folks are booking. I've booked mostly private excursions for our group as it's harder for the aunts to walk long distances. With the private tours, there is a ton more flexibility.

Wish I was sailing with you! But there's this little thing called work ...

Best,
Sarah
Maleficent59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #1545
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent59 View Post
Hi!

My daughter asked me sign them up (it's my DD, my DMIL, and aunts) under my user name as she's not one to frequent the boards; you can tell that I don't post a whole lot either. My MIL joined us for several Dis-events in the past (I think the first one was an all-Dis group chartered boat trip to swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman), but she's not on the boards either. We've been doing DisMeets (and occasional FE exchanges) for a decade so DD looks forward to all of it on the cruises. And of course, to meeting others her age!

Actually, just logged in to get an idea of the excursions folks are booking. I've booked mostly private excursions for our group as it's harder for the aunts to walk long distances. With the private tours, there is a ton more flexibility.

Wish I was sailing with you! But there's this little thing called work ...

Best,
Sarah

Ah, I see now - I was seriously confused!
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: