Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1516
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No palo dinner available for any night. This indicates it hasn't been offered to book rather than it sold out in the first ten minutes.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #1517
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No palo dinner available for any night. This indicates it hasn't been offered to book rather than it sold out in the first ten minutes.
Thanks I agree.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #1518
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
I tried to complete our booking early this am and tought maybe they were back to the 3 am time well I tried this morning still unsuccessful. So in addition to no Palo dinner you cannot finalize our booking time.
We had a hiccup / hangup once before with booking our excursions and had to get our TA to call DCL to fix it for us. Blech. Hope you're able to get things sorted out today. Nothing like staying up late and then not having everything book properly.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #1519
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent59 View Post
Hi! My family is sailing with you on this cruise and I've updated their information of the spreadsheets. Managed to book Palo Brunch and some excursions, but no availability for Palo dinner (at all). Anyone else encounter the same problem?
Hi Maleficient59 and family! Were you able to get the excursions you wanted or did you find some were not available already?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #1520
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
I agree

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #1521
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We had a hiccup / hangup once before with booking our excursions and had to get our TA to call DCL to fix it for us. Blech. Hope you're able to get things sorted out today. Nothing like staying up late and then not having everything book properly.
Fortunately I am not too worried about the Palo reservations. I am sure we will get them. Just dealing with DCL website is sometimes a challenge while I am not a 10 year old computer wiz kid I do pretty well on most websites.
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #1522
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Like the others no Palo dinner we were able to get brunch. Adult excursion for Hightlights in Malata was not even showing
I am getting too old for these late night bookings when I have to get up and be a work the next day. Next time because I am sure there will be one I am taking the next day off! Happy Friday everyone on President's weekend from the colonial capital of Virginia.
Quote:
I tried to complete our booking early this am and tought maybe they were back to the 3 am time well I tried this morning still unsuccessful. So in addition to no Palo dinner you cannot finalize our booking time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Quote:
Fortunately I am not too worried about the Palo reservations. I am sure we will get them. Just dealing with DCL website is sometimes a challenge while I am not a 10 year old computer wiz kid I do pretty well on most websites.
I find the DCL website frustrating as well, and nerve-racking, when you are trying to do bookings and can't get in.

On the other hand, we are PAID IN FULL today! Still can't book Palo/excursions yet, because we are only Gold, and our window doesn't open until March 17. Hopefully, the glitches will be worked out by then.

We also added the trip insurance. We have never purchased it before. We are all in pretty good health, and we always fly in a day or two ahead of time, to make sure we get onboard.

But with the Carnival Triumph disaster, we took that as a sign that we should get it! Also, this cruise is MUCH more expensive that our previous ones!

ADDITION: The cast member I talked to noted by our booking is closer than I thought - it is February 28!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa

Last edited by Deb in IA; 02-15-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1523
DL1957
DIS Veteran

I called DCL and they put me through to IT. As far as she knew no report on Palo. She went into the system and saw lots of available reservations but even she could not book it had to get a supervisor to do it for us.
The problem with the Malta Highlights tour for adults is the time in the system to depart is before the docking time. She took care of for us and said it will be corrected long before Gold can book. Also asked me to share on the boards to encourage folks to call DCL with website issues so they can help us. She was an awesome cast member to speak with.
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #1524
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
I find the DCL website frustrating as well, and nerve-racking, when you are trying to do bookings and can't get in.

On the other hand, we are PAID IN FULL today! Still can't book Palo/excursions yet, because we are only Gold, and our window doesn't open until March 17. Hopefully, the glitches will be worked out by then.

We also added the trip insurance. We have never purchased it before. We are all in pretty good health, and we always fly in a day or two ahead of time, to make sure we get onboard.

But with the Carnival Triumph disaster, we took that as a sign that we should get it! Also, this cruise is MUCH more expensive that our previous ones!

ADDITION: The cast member I talked to noted by our booking is closer than I thought - it is February 28!
I'm gold as well and my reservation says I can book on March 2, 2013???
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #1525
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA

Deb

Chk your ressie. Gold booking window opens 3/2. Does this cruise make you gold? If so, you are still considered silver for bking purposes and wouldnt be able to bk til 3/17.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #1526
Yensidfan
Mouseketeer

Formal nights

Can someone list the days for formal night and semi-formal night for this cruise. Thanks
Yensidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #1527
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
Can someone list the days for formal night and semi-formal night for this cruise. Thanks
Here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Not sure if this was posted or not, but I just got it from concierge and wanted to pass it on.

June 15th -Casual
June 16th- Casual
June 17th- Casual
June 18th- Casual
June 19th- Formal Night
June 20th- Casual
June 21st- Casual
June 22nd- Casual
June 23rd- Pirate night
June 24th- Semi-formal
June 25th- Casual
June 26th- Casual

Oh, and they said we'll have a character breakfast too, but of course we won't know that day till we board.

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #1528
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I'm gold as well and my reservation says I can book on March 2, 2013???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Deb

Chk your ressie. Gold booking window opens 3/2. Does this cruise make you gold? If so, you are still considered silver for bking purposes and wouldnt be able to bk til 3/17.
OK, thanks.

I checked the reservation details online, AND actually counted back 105 days from June 15, and you are right. 3/2.

Just goes to show that the DCL agents on the phone are not always correct. They had told me initially that I could book right away, then they corrected that and told me Feb 28.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #1529
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Checking in

PIF! We are so ready to go! We are trying the ABD cruise add on so I have not been watching the tours to closely. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #1530
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan View Post
PIF! We are so ready to go! We are trying the ABD cruise add on so I have not been watching the tours to closely. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Glad to see ya!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: