Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
bande
Mouseketeer

Question Anyone booked their car rental with Costco codes...

Costco.com had a great discount code to use for car rental, but to order it online with Costco.com you had to live in the U.S. I have used the corporate code and the coupon code it listed directly on the Alamo site instead and came up with great rates. Is this how others have used the Costco discount codes that are Canadians? I just want to be sure I have done this accurately. The codes were accepted for the reservation on Alamo. I am assuming you don't have to book via Costco.com site to use the discounts. Can anyone confirm that's done this? Thanks.
bande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

We've done it many times. Go ahead and book the way you did, using their codes. Just make sure you bring your costco card with you just in case they ask to see it. We've never been asked but you never know.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
c&m
Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me to the Mouse House.

We've been using Costco.com car rental discount codes for around 10 years now. We've had no problems. We always carry our Costco card in our wallets (never know when we need our Costco membership LOL ) but have never been asked to show the card at the counter. But we always bring it - with our luck, if we forget that one time to bring it, we'd most likely be asked to show it.
DL July 14 (Hotel Indigo Anaheim), DL August 13 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW July 12 (AKL, Parc Soleil HGV, Hilton Orlando), WDW March 12 (Parc Soleil HGV), DL Paris Aug 11, DL March 11 (Sheraton Park), DL Aug 10 (Sheraton Garden Grove), WDW Aug/Sep 09 (AKL), DL March 09 (Hilton Garden Inn), DL July 08 (Hampton Inn), DL July 07 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW May 05 (Port Orleans Riverside),DL March 04 (Doubletree), DL September 03 (Anaheim Hilton), DL September 02 (Anaheim Marriott), DL September 01 (Hyatt Orange County), DL July 00 (Newport Dunes), WDW May 00 (Dolphin), DL May 98 (Paradise Pier), WDW January 97 (Port Orleans French Quarter), WDW August 95 (Days Inn), DL 94 (Holiday Inn)
c&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
bande
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Thank you both so much!

I started thinking that the good rates I had were just too good to be true. I will make sure my Costco card is part of my package of info. to take with me. Thought we might even go to a Costco store in the States if there is one nearby on a rainy day! Thanks again.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

When are you travelling? We're going in May this trip and I found much better rates than the costco rates through Mousesavers.com... just a thought to save a bit more
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
bande
Mouseketeer

Rates were really high months ahead but now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
When are you travelling? We're going in May this trip and I found much better rates than the costco rates through Mousesavers.com... just a thought to save a bit more
they have dropped a great deal. I have bookings for an economy for $109.56, a mid-size for $118.49 and a standard for 144.69. These prices all included taxes and are for a 10 day rental, not just one week. Originally the rates were listed at over $500 and have slowly come down. Seems that about 2 weeks before you arrive is the best time to book. We are going in early Feb. Thanks for your suggestion. The mousesavers site is fantastic!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
networktek
it all started with a mouse

Costco.com codes are perfectly fine to use we book our rental car through the costco website for alamo we print it out just in case they ask but have never had any problems in the past 4 years

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
Don't forget to check Expedia.ca as well since they have some great rates as well!
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
cari12
DIS Veteran

Where do you find the Costco codes? Another option for getting cheaper car rental rates would be great!

Oct 2009 DLH
Oct 2012 DLH
cari12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
bande
Mouseketeer

Go to Costco.com site and seach "car rentals"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cari12 View Post
Where do you find the Costco codes? Another option for getting cheaper car rental rates would be great!
This will take you to an area showing travel deals and car rentals. Inside the car rentals there are various codes depending on the car company chosen, the length of your trip, the type of car etc. I then used the codes that applied for my trip at the Alamo.com site. Just ask if you need more details. I used the corporate code 7015309 and coupon code Ad8221SDF for mine. You must be a Costco member to use these codes and you will want to have your Costco card with you when you pick up the rental car. Many people said they have never been asked to show the card, but they always take it just in case. If you need more details, just ask away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: