Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
nokanda
Mouseketeer

storybook creator questions...

Hello,
I am thinking of getting SBC and had a question about printing the pages.
Can you only print the book through CM or can I have a book made elsewhere (ie shutterfly, snapfish)? If yes, how?
thank you kindly.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

I would NOT buy any of the digital software from CM right now. They are in Chapter 11 and rumor has it they may not be supporting SBC and Memory Manager in the near future. They are supposed to be coming out with a new digital platform. The new (redone) CM is supposed to come out for Fall. I would wait and see what happens.

As far as printing books, I was printing single pages at Costco and putting them in a traditional album. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that you can save each page individually and upload them to make a Shutterfly (or other company) book. Maybe someone else can help more with this.
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
nokanda
Mouseketeer

thank you for letting me know. I will wait and see what happens.
I was using Midesign, but they are ending their photocreations application. I loved midesign, it was simple and I made some lovely books with them and the quality was amazing.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Yes, please hold out as from what I am reading CM will no longer be supporting their SBC product.. But just so you know.. you don't have to print through CM.. I have created pages in my SBC, saved the pages as JPeg and printed elsewhere and have been much happier.. I just can not pay astronomical prices for pages with a family of 7.

As for Midesign.. I just got that email last night that they are doing away with it too..

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Yes do not buy. I think it is terrible that they are still selling the software that they said they will no longer support and not have some sort of warning on the site.

Just an FYI, Panstoria who I think created SBC (or leased it out to them) has the software exactly like it called Artisan and by reading some of the updates they must be doing something or have their hand in the chapter 11 somewho. Most of us hope that CM will release the content (kits, etc) to Panstoria and then a lot of us are moving over there.

I've been doing a TON of research the last few days since CM just dropped the bomb that they will no longer support SBC or Memory Manager and do no printing after August 21.

Anyway I have been referred to many CM people to Persnickety Prints and they are just over half the price that CM would charge. I will be taking my business there. As far as the software, I'm going to wait and see what happens but I will use what I have for as long as I can because I have a lot of $$ invested in it and hope that Panstoria will support and get more content, etc.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
Yes do not buy. I think it is terrible that they are still selling the software that they said they will no longer support and not have some sort of warning on the site.

Just an FYI, Panstoria who I think created SBC (or leased it out to them) has the software exactly like it called Artisan and by reading some of the updates they must be doing something or have their hand in the chapter 11 somewho. Most of us hope that CM will release the content (kits, etc) to Panstoria and then a lot of us are moving over there.

I've been doing a TON of research the last few days since CM just dropped the bomb that they will no longer support SBC or Memory Manager and do no printing after August 21.

Anyway I have been referred to many CM people to Persnickety Prints and they are just over half the price that CM would charge. I will be taking my business there. As far as the software, I'm going to wait and see what happens but I will use what I have for as long as I can because I have a lot of $$ invested in it and hope that Panstoria will support and get more content, etc.
Fingers crossed!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: