DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

What should I Know?

Our home resort is AKL and our family absolutely loves it there. But...last year we had breakfast at Cape May and DH voiced how he would like to stay at the BCV because the pool intrigued him.

Well, we booked our normal 11 months out at AKL and recently were able to switch to BCV for our full stay, 10 nights. My DH is thrilled and so is my DD.

Is there anything we should know like the easiest way to get to and from the parks (boat vs walking vs bus trans. if any)? Can you pool hop between BWV and BCV? Is the BCV pool geared more for smaller children (DD 14 and DN 17)? How is the food at Beaches and Cream and do you need an ADR (I can probably just look this up)? What kind of views are there (we have a 1 bedroom) and can you recommend a particular room# or section that I can request?

Any an all suggestions are much welcomed!!! And...THANKS

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
DisneyMotherOf2
Mouseketeer

We stayed at BCV on our last trip in a dedicated 2 bedroom. I don't recall the room number, but it was an upper floor and was facing towards Epcot/woods so we could see the fireworks partially through the tress at night.

We absolutely LOVED our stay there. I know you can't pool hop to SAB and I'm pretty sure you can't pool hop to BWV either. SAB is large and I'm sure your girls will enjoy it tremendously. The "lazy river" is really more of a large circle than a river, but you can rent tubes and hang out in it. It has a bit of current and is around 8 feet deep. They'll enjoy the slide as well. I LOVED the sandy bottom. My kids are younger so we hung out more in the zero entry shallow area near the Yacht club side, but it's a large pool and I believe they have CM's there who lead various water games in one area for those who want to participate. I recall seeing something of that nature one time when we were at the pool. My kids loved the slide (so did I ) and there were certainly people of all ages using the slide and pool. So I don't think it's geared to just the younger set. Especially since it's so large and parents (like myself) don't want their little ones too far out of site. Your girls are old enough where they could explore more freely on their own.

Beaches and Cream is a walk in service. No ressies required to my knowledge. We had lunch there the day we arrived. Burgers, wraps, etc. and of course ICE CREAM! And we just walked in.

Beach Club is within a 5 to 10 minute walk to Epcot and enters into the World showcase. It's wonderful getting to a park so quickly and easily! It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the boat launch for Hollywood studios (between Yacht and Beach Club near the light house). We had no issues last May with the bus system there and did not have long waits to get on buses for MK or AK. Walking over to see the festivities, restaurants at Boardwalk is also about a 10 minute walk. All in all, it's a beautiful location with lots to do within walking distance. I'm sure your family will have a wonderful time!

2013 Beach Club Villas Christmas Time Vacation
DisneyMotherOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMotherOf2 View Post
We stayed at BCV on our last trip in a dedicated 2 bedroom. I don't recall the room number, but it was an upper floor and was facing towards Epcot/woods so we could see the fireworks partially through the tress at night.

We absolutely LOVED our stay there. I know you can't pool hop to SAB and I'm pretty sure you can't pool hop to BWV either. SAB is large and I'm sure your girls will enjoy it tremendously. The "lazy river" is really more of a large circle than a river, but you can rent tubes and hang out in it. It has a bit of current and is around 8 feet deep. They'll enjoy the slide as well. I LOVED the sandy bottom. My kids are younger so we hung out more in the zero entry shallow area near the Yacht club side, but it's a large pool and I believe they have CM's there who lead various water games in one area for those who want to participate. I recall seeing something of that nature one time when we were at the pool. My kids loved the slide (so did I ) and there were certainly people of all ages using the slide and pool. So I don't think it's geared to just the younger set. Especially since it's so large and parents (like myself) don't want their little ones too far out of site. Your girls are old enough where they could explore more freely on their own.

Beaches and Cream is a walk in service. No ressies required to my knowledge. We had lunch there the day we arrived. Burgers, wraps, etc. and of course ICE CREAM! And we just walked in.

Beach Club is within a 5 to 10 minute walk to Epcot and enters into the World showcase. It's wonderful getting to a park so quickly and easily! It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the boat launch for Hollywood studios (between Yacht and Beach Club near the light house). We had no issues last May with the bus system there and did not have long waits to get on buses for MK or AK. Walking over to see the festivities, restaurants at Boardwalk is also about a 10 minute walk. All in all, it's a beautiful location with lots to do within walking distance. I'm sure your family will have a wonderful time!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Are the activities on the Boardwark at night worth checking out? We are trying to incorporate some activities that do not require a park ticket or oop payments. We will choose one or two other things to do like archery, but like everyone else, budget, budget, budget!

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
Old 01-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

Any room recommendations? We have a 1 bedroom. I am not familiar with the layout at all and was wondering it anyone could share?

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
Old 01-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
DisneyMotherOf2
Mouseketeer

I've only been over to Boardwalk that one evening and it was cut short due to rain. There's restaurants and shops and I believe an Arcade (if your girls are into that). There were various vendors, some carnival type games and some street performers like magicians that were fun to watch. I'm sure there's other stuff, but our time was cut short. I know they rent those 4 seater cart style bicycles there too and saw many people, teens included, riding those around throughout my stay. They road them over to Beach Club and all over the place. I would recommend walking over there one evening. It's a lot of fun. I'm sure there's more there than what I mentioned, but like I said, I only spent a brief time there. ESPN Club and Jellyrolls is on the Boardwalk. I hear Jellyrolls is neat and has dueling pianos there. I'm not sure if it's just a bar (21 to get in) or if it's for all families. Even to go in and have sodas could be fun for them if there's no age limit.

If you plan on getting park hopper tickets (if your budget allows) then you could always walk over to Epcot in the evening to catch the fireworks or hop on a ride or too. Same could go for Hollywood Studios, but that would require a bit more time because the boat ride and waiting for the boat would take much longer than the short walk to Epcot. Some people like to walk over to Epcot in the evening to get a snack from the World Showcase. My sister and BIL walked over to get some fish and chips from Britain one evening and stayed for the fireworks.

2013 Beach Club Villas Christmas Time Vacation
DisneyMotherOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: