Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #61
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up, Linda!

Now, since you and Stefy both rave about the DLH, I need to check into it myself - maybe we can give up our villa off property just once!

I love all the photos and all the yummy drinks and food you had!

As for the tours - we have done both too and were the only people at both too! They "seem to like" small groups!
We loved both tours but were taken on StarTours in the DLP. Our guide told us that it was not a regular thing and we just brushed it off as being a nice "little white lie". Obviously it was not.
And thanks for hinting at the ToT tour - we will try to get that one under our belt as soon as it is in a "bearable" language.

Can't wait for more!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #62
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

i'm getting quite excited about trying out the cocktails now!! you make them sound so nice. I'm really enjoying your TR xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #63
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

I love your Trip Report! It's making me so excited for my next trip!

Can you stretch the final day out a bit.. don't want this TR to end!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #64
ShaylaLynn
Earning My Ears

Joining in! Beautiful Pictures of Disneyland Paris! I hope to see it someday!!
ShaylaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #65
smallpig
Mouseketeer

The tours sound great - may have to include one in our next trip planning! I always feel like I am overlooking lots of things in the studios, as it seems less 'magical' than the main park, but am sure lots of thought has gone in to everything there as well!
Sounds like a lovely and relaxing trip!

Trip reports

No TR but Orlando and WDW - Feb/March 13

June 2011: Very hot summer trip report

October 2011 Halloween trip

April 2012
We just can't stay away...
smallpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #66
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

What a great trip, I would love to do the tours but don't think the kids would let me get away with it at the moment

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #67
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Another great update! That cocktail sounds amazing! Even if it is two o'clock in the afternoon I would love one right now! X
What's the saying - "it's 5 O'Clock somewhere"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Aaaaah this TR cant be almost over
Love your TRs Linda
Sorry it's taking me so long to finish it; I am crazy busy
Hope to get another update up shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
One month, one week and I'll be in HNY bar tasting cocktails

Nice update
That time is sure ticking away, you'll be there before you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up, Linda!

Now, since you and Stefy both rave about the DLH, I need to check into it myself - maybe we can give up our villa off property just once!

I love all the photos and all the yummy drinks and food you had!

As for the tours - we have done both too and were the only people at both too! They "seem to like" small groups!
We loved both tours but were taken on StarTours in the DLP. Our guide told us that it was not a regular thing and we just brushed it off as being a nice "little white lie". Obviously it was not.
And thanks for hinting at the ToT tour - we will try to get that one under our belt as soon as it is in a "bearable" language.

Can't wait for more!
Hi Karin; I'm really happy you are reading along
Having read your DLP TRs, the villa that you and Tom stay at looks lovely
You could always pop to DLP for a meal or a drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
i'm getting quite excited about trying out the cocktails now!! you make them sound so nice. I'm really enjoying your TR xx
If only I could have a Margarita every day in the real world

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
I love your Trip Report! It's making me so excited for my next trip!

Can you stretch the final day out a bit.. don't want this TR to end!
Aww, thank for reading
I will split the last day into two parts, just for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaLynn View Post
Joining in! Beautiful Pictures of Disneyland Paris! I hope to see it someday!!
I hope you get to visit one day, it's a wonderful park

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpig View Post
The tours sound great - may have to include one in our next trip planning! I always feel like I am overlooking lots of things in the studios, as it seems less 'magical' than the main park, but am sure lots of thought has gone in to everything there as well!
Sounds like a lovely and relaxing trip!
The tours were really good and I am so glad I did them
I completely agree with you that the studios have always left me a little 'cold' but this tour really changed my view of the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a great trip, I would love to do the tours but don't think the kids would let me get away with it at the moment
Ahh but it must be lovely to tour the parks with the kids
I'm sure you will get to do the tours one day; perhaps they will introduce other more 'kid friendly' tours soon
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #68
Linda67

Hey everyone

Sorry this TR is taking so long to finish; I was only actually there for two nights for goodness sake

It’s final day time

After a very peaceful night’s sleep, I headed down to the pool for an early morning swim before heading to Inventions for a very yummy breakfast

Once again I was seated with a lovely view of the Castle and really enjoyed my food

View From Table

Fresh Fruit

Brioche, Pancakes & Maple Syrup

The Characters in the Lounge were just switching over so I grabbed a photo with Pluto before swopping over to Goofy

Just as a note; the DLH is a wonderful place to meet the characters; there were never any lines and there is always a photographer standing by. I just asked them to use my camera which they never minded doing

Next to where you meet the Characters there is a schedule that outlines which characters will be appearing and they generally switch over every 15 minutes starting at around 8am and running through to around 11:30am

Once I had thrown my final bits and pieces into my bag I headed to the lobby to check out and left my luggage to collect later

There was still half an hour of so before the Park was due to open so I headed over to Salon Mickey for a Cappuccino and I couldn’t resist another Pain Au Chocolate

“Zero Calories At DLP”

The CM in the Salon validated my park ticket and told me that he would come through and let me know once I was able to head into the park

I read a little bit of my book before the lovely CM came through to open the door to the park and I happily entered a completely empty Main Street

Main Street USA - Disneyland Paris

The ropes were still in place leading into the lands so I took some time to take photos, especially of the Castle (as if I don’t have enough of those!); I thought it was cool that although everything was closed and nobody was around you could hear the Dragon beneath the Castle

Once the park officially opened I headed first into Fantasyland where I rode Snow White, The Carrousel and the Tea Cups as I hadn’t yet ridden them on this visit

Carrousel

Tea Cups

On my way over to ‘It’s A Small World’ I spotted the Princess Pavilion and as I was curious to see inside and there was absolutely no line, I headed on in

I really like the set up inside, great themeing and a perfect spot to meet your favourite Princess

I probably looked a little odd when I walked up to the CM at the head of the line but he smiled and waved me through to a small side room where non other than Snow White was standing

I said Bonjour and my lovely English accent obviously shone through as Ms White immediately responded in English!

We had a very pleasant little chat and I explained that I was alone as my version of Grumpy was holding the fort back in England

I can’t possibly post the picture; I should have learnt my lesson by now, NEVER have your photo taken next to a beautiful princess, especially when bundled up in your winter woollies

The rest of the morning was spent wandering around and just hopping on any rides that took my fancy before heading back to Salon Mickey for a final hot drink before they closed for the day (ooh and a little sweet treat)

Treats At Salon Mickey

By the way, I was chatting to the CM shortly before I left and he mentioned that ‘Officially’ you are only entitled to one visit to Salon Mickey per day (5 per month) but as it was so quiet he really didn’t mind; I apologised as I had no idea that this was the case but he just laughed and said that it really didn’t matter

Next up I headed back to Phantom Manor and BTM before heading for a leisurely boat ride over at Pirates and my lunch reservation at the Blue Lagoon

Coming Up Next – The Blue Lagoon & Heading Home
Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #69
Princess Clayre
Mouseketeer

Another great instalment. I love all the information you get across
Nov 05 offsite (Jack's first trip) * May '07 POP * May '08 POP/WL * Aug '10 SSR * May '12 SSR, May '13 SSR

Next trip: Our First Disney Cruise - Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug '14
Then Easter 2015 - WDW Yatch Club
Princess Clayre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #70
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Linda, I love the update - the more I read about the DLH the more it intrigues me. We are already booked at our villa for end of April, but I will keep the DLH in mind for future visits.

I loved to see the empty park - it's beautiful and I would have loved to see the photo of you and Mrs. White. Any chance you might post it?
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #71
tinks_1989
need a like button

So jealous you saw Snow White I love her!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #72
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Clayre View Post
Another great instalment. I love all the information you get across
Thanks, you say "information"; I say "waffle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Linda, I love the update - the more I read about the DLH the more it intrigues me. We are already booked at our villa for end of April, but I will keep the DLH in mind for future visits.

I loved to see the empty park - it's beautiful and I would have loved to see the photo of you and Mrs. White. Any chance you might post it?
Just for you Karin

"I am the 8th Dwarf"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
So jealous you saw Snow White I love her!
She was actually wonderful
Old 02-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #73
Linda67

And so, the end is near ......

Friday 20th January – Part Two

Happy Friday everyone

So let’s put this TR to bed, time for the final instalment

So I left off with a final ride on Pirates Of The Caribbean which was the perfect way to prepare for my lunch at the Blue Lagoon

I ate at the Blue Lagoon on my last visit to DLP and just fell in love with the place; it’s not like the food is out of this world or anything but the atmosphere and the fact that you are dining inside the Pirates Ride is the selling point for me

If it’s a chilly day outside, the Blue Lagoon is a wonderful and cosy retreat, lit beautifully by candlelight and in my opinion very romantic

After I had checked in at the entrance to the restaurant, I made my way down to the podium inside the dining area, from which I was soon led to a wonderful little table right at the edge of the water

My table felt very secluded, I could happily sit and watch the boats sail by without their occupants even knowing I was there; it wasn’t until the boats were a little bit past where I was sitting that the restaurant fully comes into view and that’s when the riding guests cries of ‘Bon Appetite’ begin

I think I mentioned that it’s pretty dark inside the restaurant so I ordered on of these, for no other reason that to shed a little more light onto my menu

Magical Star Cocktail
Light up your celebration with X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice and a souvenir multicolored glow cube

Mmmm, delicious and a very nice way to start proceedings

My server bought over a basket of bread and I placed my order

Crab pressé with citrus vinaigrette, rocket salad, sun-dried tomatoes

This was absolutely delicious, I had the same appetiser on my last visit here but this time it seemed even better, lots and lots of wonderfully fresh crab and a very tasty and well dressed little side salad

For my Main Course I took my servers recommendation:

Red Snapper with Herb Rice, Baby Vegetables and a Tomato Sauce

Again, a really nice dish; if I was to be super critical I would have preferred a little more seasoning in the tomato sauce but on the whole it was a great dish

You may notice in the photo that I decided to enjoy a glass of wine with my fish; I think it was a Sancerre but didn’t make a note

All in all I really enjoyed my time at The Blue Lagoon and would definitely return

Who should be waiting for me when I headed back outside but everyone’s favourite pirate

He kept pulling my hat over my eyes and we have a good ‘ol chat about rum

Following my lovely lunch I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the park enjoying my last few moments before heading back down Main Street for a Hot Chocolate and a ‘Meet & Eat’ with Mickey

One final little bit of magic was still to come when I walked into the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel to collect my bag; Mickey was standing completely alone in the centre of the lobby so I had chance for a quick hug and an opportunity to say ‘Merci’ and ‘see ya real soon’

Until next time …………….. Au Revoir

Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #74
tinks_1989
need a like button

I love blue lagoon I hope other people do as it was so quiet both time we went in there!

Love the TR x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #75
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

how lovely. You got to meet Jack. I wasn't this lucky last time, so maybe this year ...
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: