Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #46
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Clayre View Post
Oooo new trip report. Absolutely loved the last one. Glad to see you are still dedicated to the cocktail research cause Loving the look of the new one.

Great report so far. Your room looks lovely at the DLH. I love the doors onto the little patio.

Liking the frames around the photos too. Can't wait for more
Yup, I do it all in the name of resarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPaddict View Post
I have always wanted to do a tour, how much are they?

I'm doing a solo trip next year so would love to do one
The tours and fab and great value at 15 Euros (20 if you are the only person on the tour)
It's perfect for a solo trip
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #47
Linda67

Walt Disney Studios Guided Tour

Thursday January 19th – Walt Disney Studios Guided Tour

So next on the agenda for today was a Guided Tour of The Studios which was due to start at 4pm

Once through the gates I spotted Minnie, so I stopped for a quick photo before heading to Guest Services to check in for my Tour

"Dont Laugh At My Hat!"

My reservation was noted in the system and once again I was to get the full VIP treatment as I was the only person on the tour

It seems to me that most people don’t really know about these tours and DLP don’t seem to do much in the way of advertising them

Perhaps the tours are busier at peak times but I am sure that if they were mentioned on park maps and the like, they would be more successful

I was introduced to Natacha (yes that is how it was spelt) who would be taking me around the park today and the CMs processed my payment which was reduced to 16 Euros with my shareholder discount

The tour kicked off inside Guest Services with Natacha showing me some wonderful old photos of the original Disney Studios in California and explaining some of the history

After seeing the photos it was quite apparent where the imagineers had drawn their inspiration from, particularly when you stand in the Front Lot and look around and the buildings

We then headed into Studio One where I learned so much about the various props and hidden secrets; I must admit I don’t usually tend to spend much time in Studio One, I either just walk right on through or use it for shelter in the weather turns bad but following this tour I will look at it in a totally new light

We then headed anti-clockwise around the park with Natacha enthusiastically telling stories and pointing out so many wonderful details

I loved the time that we spent in Toy Story Playland and it seemed to be one of my guide’s favourite areas of the park as well. I’d never even noticed Andy’s giant footprints in the walkways before, all designed to make you feel like you have been shrunk to the size of a toy

We then headed past the site of the new Ratatouille ride, Natacha was excited that they finally had the money to finish the area at long last

Next up we spent some time over at the Tower Of Terror; apparently there is a tour offered that just focuses on this one attraction but at present it is only offered in French (hopefully this will change soon)

The whole park was covered on the tour and the 1 hour 30 minutes seemed to fly by

I’ve always love the main Disneyland Park but I don’t think I am alone in saying that the despite some great rides, the overall look and feel of the Studios has never wowed me

Following this tour I have a totally different opinion of the park; the architecture and design have all been carefully considered and as is always the case with the Disney creative team everything has a back-story and purpose

So to sum up, the Studios Tour was every bit as good as the DLP tour

Both Palo (my guide at DLP) and Natacha were such great CMs and really helped to make the experience such a pleasure. They were both hugely knowlgeable (they travel to California as part of their training and spend time at the parks and Disney archives) and they are totally passionate and enthusiastic about the French parks

I made sure to stop by at City Hall and complete a comment card on both of them so hopefully they will get some recognition for doing such a great job

So in summary:

DLP Tour = 15 Euros (20 Euros if you are the only person on the tour)
Shareholder Discount of 20%
2 hours and 30 mins

Walt Disney Studios Tour = 15 Euros (20 Euros if you are the only person on the tour)
Shareholder Discount of 20%
1 hour and 30 mins

Both tours can be booked in advance

Please keep in mind that you don’t ride any attractions and for that reason I really don’t think that kids would enjoy it

Also, it’s obviously a lot of walking and although there are no official rest stops or breaks on either tour, you can of course use the bathrooms around the park if you need to

I did both tours back to back but if you have more time it would probably be a good idea to do them on different days

If you are visiting in the summer be sure to take some water with you as again, there are no breaks for refreshments

Hope this helps if you are considering doing either tour

Ooh and I got another pin at the end of the Studios Tour; here the pins from both tours

Next Up .... Normal service is resumed; it's cocktail hour!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #48
tinks_1989
need a like button

We were going to do the tower of terror tour in 2010 I really wanted to but no one else would!

It includes first ride of the day and being able to walk around the lobby that was enough for me even if it was in French lol! X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #49
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
We were going to do the tower of terror tour in 2010 I really wanted to but no one else would!

It includes first ride of the day and being able to walk around the lobby that was enough for me even if it was in French lol! X
Actually that's a good point; I would be more than happy with that even if I didn't understand what my guide was saying
They did say that they were going to start doing it in English soon through
Loving your PRT by the way
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #50
lojo
Mouseketeer

I'm a really bad thread subscriber - I just read and rarely comment, but if I didn't make at least a small appearance on yours I would deserve to be 'dis'communicated.

As always, love reading your reports whether dining or trips - got hooked on your WDW dining reports.

At Xmas I absolutely intended to follow your lead by doing Cocktails around the Lake, but failed miserably (going to try again in May).

Now I feel I must do one of these tours - you should really be on some kind of commission.

Keep em coming....

Disneyland Paris: Dec 12-Dream Castle; May 12-Elysee; Dec 11-New York; Aug 11-Adagio; Dec 10-Sequoia Lodge; Apr 10-Elysee; Nov 09-Sequoia Lodge; Apr 09-Elysee; Apr 08-New York; Dec 07-Dream Castle
Tokyo Disney Resort: Nov 03-Sheraton Grande
WDW: Jan 13-Old Key West & Animal Kingdom; Jan 15-OKW/RPR/AKL

lojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #51
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Thanks for the updates

I really fancy doing the tours, as I love the thought process and the hidden details throughout the park. No-one else wants to do it though, so maybe i'll just go myself when we go in May. It sounds fantastic.

You're making good use of Salon Mickey too
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #52
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Actually that's a good point; I would be more than happy with that even if I didn't understand what my guide was saying
They did say that they were going to start doing it in English soon through
Loving your PRT by the way
Aw thanks!

I know but I would have to restrain my self from writing my name in the dust lol!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #53
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojo View Post
I'm a really bad thread subscriber - I just read and rarely comment, but if I didn't make at least a small appearance on yours I would deserve to be 'dis'communicated.

As always, love reading your reports whether dining or trips - got hooked on your WDW dining reports.

At Xmas I absolutely intended to follow your lead by doing Cocktails around the Lake, but failed miserably (going to try again in May).

Now I feel I must do one of these tours - you should really be on some kind of commission.

Keep em coming....
Ooh commission, now there's an idea
May would be the perfect time of year for a Cocktails around the Lake adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
Thanks for the updates

I really fancy doing the tours, as I love the thought process and the hidden details throughout the park. No-one else wants to do it though, so maybe i'll just go myself when we go in May. It sounds fantastic.

You're making good use of Salon Mickey too
The tours really are fab but I can see that for many they would be of no interest
Why don't you start with the Studios Tour? it only take an hour and a half so you wouldn't be away from everyone for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post

I know but I would have to restrain my self from writing my name in the dust lol!
Oh I never thought of that! how cool would that be
Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #54
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

can you tell more of the details that were pointed out? So curious
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #55
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isila View Post
can you tell more of the details that were pointed out? So curious
On the Studios tour it was things like the flower beds and planting looking like rolls of film and the like and how the different building materials were used to differentiate front lot and back lot areas, just like they would be in a fully working studio. I also like hearing what the different numbers on buildings represented
Old 02-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #56
Linda67

Thursday Jan 19th - Evening

Happy Monday Everyone

So where was I?

Ah yes, I had just wrapped up my Studios Tour and the park was shortly closing so I slowly made my way to the exit whilst checking out some of the shops

Back at the hotel I quickly showered and changed before heading back to the Fantasia Café Bar

I popped myself down on a nice corner table and began to peruse the cocktail menu

There was a new addition this evening; placed on each table was a special leaflet dedicated to a wonderful sounding drink ‘The Amalia’

The drink was created by one of the servers at the Fantasia Bar for the annual ‘Legacy Cocktail Competition’ and it won so I decided to give it a go

I loved the little leaflet on the table as it described in great detail the inspiration behind the creation of this particular cocktail

Amalia was apparently the wife of Don Facundo, who founded the Bacardi Company and the cocktail pays tribute to her

"The Amalia" – Bacardi Superior, Marie Brizard rosemary liquor, fresh ginger, fresh lime leaves, white can sugar, fresh lime juice – 13 Euros

Now I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed when this was first placed in front of me; "where’s the glow cube, little umbrella, fruit medley, sparkler etc etc"

Anyway I went in for a taste

One word …………………. AMAZING!!

Seriously people this is one beautifully flavoured cocktail; it was fresh and sharp and wonderfully refreshing – hands down the winner of the best cocktail I’ve ever had at DLP (and I’ve had a few )

So there you go, sometimes you just don’t need all the frills and fuss; the flavours just speak for themselves

It wasn’t until I was heading out of the bar that I noticed that my new favourite cocktail had its very own ‘shrine’

As tempting as it was to sit back and order another one, I was feeling peckish so I headed back to my room to collect my coat before heading to Disney Village

I wandered around the Village checking out the menus but nothing was really grabbing me so I decided to pop into the Hotel New York for another drink and have a think about it

“The Broadway” – Bacardi Superior Rum, Navan pineapple juice, Monin lemon pie syrup

Mmm – delicious, nice and tart from the lemon syrup, not too sweet and a side dish of olives, what’s not to love?

I really enjoyed my time in the New York City Bar; it’s a really nice bar with a great atmosphere

By the time I had settled my bill I was starving but for anyone expecting a great dining review I am sorry to report that I headed back to my old favourite – Earl Of Sandwich

Earl Of Sandwich – Tuna Melt

This really hit the spot and was another great sandwich; I gave DH a call to let him know I was back in his favourite spot before taking a slow walk back through the Village shops and back to the hotel

I was absolutely shattered so I popped to Gallery Mickey to pick up my shopping that had been delivered from the parks before heading back to my room and making myself a hot chocolate with the kettle I requested from room service

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Coming up next – Final day at Disneyland Park
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #57
tinks_1989
need a like button

Another great update! That cocktail sounds amazing! Even if it is two o'clock in the afternoon I would love one right now! X
Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Aaaaah this TR cant be almost over
Love your TRs Linda

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #59
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

One month, one week and I'll be in HNY bar tasting cocktails

Nice update
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #60
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Linda, I just noticed the link to your TR! Sorry I am so late

Now going back to read and enjoy!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: