Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #31
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

More than every am I pumped to go to Disneyland. And more than ever, I think I want to go by myself. This could just be a reflection of my current mind set and in over 200 days could change.

Plane ticket prices haven't changed any... I know it's still far away, so there is time.

I'm waiting for Cars Land to open so I can see what amazing food they will be serving up!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #32
BeckWhy

More Hotel Options

Since I have such a long time before I go, I run out of things to do. In this case, I decided to check out the other hotel options in the area. So unless someone adds something these are the hotels I'm considering (and still have a long time before I book):

Ramada Inn Maingate
Best Western Park Place Inn
Anaheim Fairfield Inn
Tropicana Inn
Desert Palms Inn
Howard Johnson Hotel

I'm nervous about the last two because they are quite a distance away from the entrance, and I'm not sure how walking alone late at night will go. Plus will I want to walk that far after being in the park so long during the day?

I am drawn towards the Desert Palms because of the breakfast they offer, but generally when I'm in WDW all I have for breakfast is a bagel or donut anyways, so any of the restaurants with the continental breakfasts will cover my breakfast-ing needs.
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hi there!!

I am going to jump right in here!! I see that Stovall's is no longer on your list and I was going to say that it is out further than it seems. BWPPI is probably the closest for you. Especially if you want to walk. From my experience the breakfasts at BW are okay. Not great food but filling for the most part.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #34
squirrel
DIS Veteran

I heard BWPPI was changing/upgrading the food options. It was on another thread, but no details. I thought the food they offered was fine.

I'm staying there in September.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I heard BWPPI was changing/upgrading the food options. It was on another thread, but no details. I thought the food they offered was fine.

I'm staying there in September.

My breakfast experience was with Stovall's.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #36
BeckWhy

I think bagels, muffins, and pastries will work just fine if that's all that is served. But the Desert Palms with their waffle station, oh my! Haha
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #37
pasofan
Mouseketeer

We are also looking to go to DL mid-October. The prices on Southwest right now don't vary much for the day of the week you travel, but when they actually put some flights on sale, the sale prices are always for Tuesday and Wednesday flights. Just keep those days in mind if you are not locked into your dates yet.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #38
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasofan View Post
We are also looking to go to DL mid-October. The prices on Southwest right now don't vary much for the day of the week you travel, but when they actually put some flights on sale, the sale prices are always for Tuesday and Wednesday flights. Just keep those days in mind if you are not locked into your dates yet.
Nothing is set in stone. In fact I'm considering moving the trip up two weeks to celebrate my mom's birthday there. I actually found out that you can get a credit towards your meal at a couple of the restaurant Downtown Disney.

As for the airfare, I have been watching prices for all months and I have never seen a price drop in the airfare to LAX. Now I haven't checked every day, so I could have missed something, but I'm expecting to spent $400 minimum on each plane ticket. I'm actually more worried the prices will go up. But that's a price I'll have to pay.

I know someone is going to say check the other area airports. I have, and they are no where near as cheap as LAX.

My dad makes things even more complicated. He wants to send my mom on Continental since he has frequent flyer miles still. So now we will have three different arrival and departure times. My mom and I will be flying out of the same airport and my sister from NYC.

It also appears we will have to leave our hotel crazy early... I'm talking 4 am or something. Oh well.... Cars Land is worth it!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #39
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Nothing is set in stone. In fact I'm considering moving the trip up two weeks to celebrate my mom's birthday there. I actually found out that you can get a credit towards your meal at a couple of the restaurant Downtown Disney.

As for the airfare, I have been watching prices for all months and I have never seen a price drop in the airfare to LAX. Now I haven't checked every day, so I could have missed something, but I'm expecting to spent $400 minimum on each plane ticket. I'm actually more worried the prices will go up. But that's a price I'll have to pay.

I know someone is going to say check the other area airports. I have, and they are no where near as cheap as LAX.

My dad makes things even more complicated. He wants to send my mom on Continental since he has frequent flyer miles still. So now we will have three different arrival and departure times. My mom and I will be flying out of the same airport and my sister from NYC.

It also appears we will have to leave our hotel crazy early... I'm talking 4 am or something. Oh well.... Cars Land is worth it!
Oh I hope you are able to go! What places are those special credits at?? Going to take DS for his bday there! Would like some info!

We are going the last weekend of Sept into October and super excited. I will be following along!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
Oh I hope you are able to go! What places are those special credits at?? Going to take DS for his bday there! Would like some info!

We are going the last weekend of Sept into October and super excited. I will be following along!
I got a $10 credit towards Fire & Ice for signing up for their email promotions thing. As far as I can tell, there is no expiration on this either!

My mom will get a "free dinner" on her birthday from Fire & Ice also. I haven't received the coupon for this yet, though. So I don't know if there are limitations and what they are.

You can get a $30 "gift card" towards Napoli, Tortilla Jo's, or Catal for a birthday. Now this was tricky. The website says up to $50. We filled out the info and it asked for our location. We put New York (as in state) and Tortilla Jo's as our favorite restaurant. BUT it gave us $50 towards restaurants in NYC. So when you are filling it out, put your location as California. This says up to $50 and it has to be mentioned when you make your reservation. So I'm not really sure how this all works.

I still have other restaurants to check. I'm not sure if any of the restuarants inside the parks will offer anything.

I checked Bubba Gumps and Tony Roma's and they had nothing.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
BeckWhy

I also want to add, that I'm not totally sure the restaurants in the area around Disneyland. I plan on doing all my eating in Disneyland. The only reason I checked on Fire & Ice and Bubba Gumps was because I thought Bubba Gumps looked cute, and then saw Fire & Ice was nearby and a friend loved the experience.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #42
kaoden39
Hugs

Have you looked at Anaheim Garden Walk? Here is the link to it for you in case you hadn't.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #43
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Have you looked at Anaheim Garden Walk? Here is the link to it for you in case you hadn't.
Thanks! I've actually checked it out. That's where both Bubba Gump and Fire & Ice are.

I'm currently in Atlantic City for a long weekend. I know this is a Disneyland board, but I think I'm going to do a trip report on here for it ... I've realized a few things while being here, plus I don't know how many of you guys have been here so maybe y'all would like o hear it.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #44
BeckWhy

I know I said I'll get up a trip report for my AC trip, but I've been a little busy since I got home, so it will have to wait a bit.

This is what's going on:

About four weeks ago, I noticed my car making really bad clunking noises from the rear. Now my car always had made bad noises, but this was really bad. So for some reason I decided to grab a hold of the wheel and pull on it. It was loose. From my experience, I assumed it was the wheel bearing. The only problem is that usually when it's the wheel bearing it growls instead of clunks.

Well I took it to my mechanic friend (who happens to be the best in town... or at least that's his reputation). He said everything was nice and tight, and no bad wheel bearing. He didn't even feel the wheel move. But I had a bent trailing arm which I would have to replace and bad rear brakes.

So I decided I would have the car worked on when I went to Atlantic City. In the mean time, my dad had his mechanic look at my car and he said the same thing, no bad bearing and I had a bent trailing arm.

Well about 3 weeks ago my mom and I were heading to Ruby Tuesday and my car was making this HORRIBLE noise. I thought for sure the brake broke apart and the shoe was dragging in the drum. So I called my roadside assistance to have my car towed to the garage. The tow truck guy looked at my car and goes "looks like the trailing arm broke." And after that my wheel really moved!

So I assumed that the trailing arm was what had made my wheel loose.

So I got my car back Tuesday night. It still was clunking. But I just figured it was the noise it always made and I just heard it because I didn't have my radio on. Drove to work yesterday... did some errands for the boss, used my front passenger door, and it was stuck. Someone hit my car! Actually, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right now. I knew someone hit it before I left. I noticed it when I was inspecting my car after the wheel broke. But I assumed it happened a while ago and I just never noticed. And I didn't try to use my passenger door up until now.

So at that point I decided maybe I should check my rear wheel again. Yep still loose! So I'm at a loss about what it could be. I just don't get it. It wiggles when it's on the ground, but once on the lift it's nice and tight. I just hope my wheel isn't going to break...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #45
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thanks! I've actually checked it out. That's where both Bubba Gump and Fire & Ice are.

I'm currently in Atlantic City for a long weekend. I know this is a Disneyland board, but I think I'm going to do a trip report on here for it ... I've realized a few things while being here, plus I don't know how many of you guys have been here so maybe y'all would like o hear it.

Oh that sounds fun!

Quote:
I know I said I'll get up a trip report for my AC trip, but I've been a little busy since I got home, so it will have to wait a bit.

This is what's going on:

About four weeks ago, I noticed my car making really bad clunking noises from the rear. Now my car always had made bad noises, but this was really bad. So for some reason I decided to grab a hold of the wheel and pull on it. It was loose. From my experience, I assumed it was the wheel bearing. The only problem is that usually when it's the wheel bearing it growls instead of clunks.

Well I took it to my mechanic friend (who happens to be the best in town... or at least that's his reputation). He said everything was nice and tight, and no bad wheel bearing. He didn't even feel the wheel move. But I had a bent trailing arm which I would have to replace and bad rear brakes.

So I decided I would have the car worked on when I went to Atlantic City. In the mean time, my dad had his mechanic look at my car and he said the same thing, no bad bearing and I had a bent trailing arm.

Well about 3 weeks ago my mom and I were heading to Ruby Tuesday and my car was making this HORRIBLE noise. I thought for sure the brake broke apart and the shoe was dragging in the drum. So I called my roadside assistance to have my car towed to the garage. The tow truck guy looked at my car and goes "looks like the trailing arm broke." And after that my wheel really moved!

So I assumed that the trailing arm was what had made my wheel loose.

So I got my car back Tuesday night. It still was clunking. But I just figured it was the noise it always made and I just heard it because I didn't have my radio on. Drove to work yesterday... did some errands for the boss, used my front passenger door, and it was stuck. Someone hit my car! Actually, I'm being a bit of a drama queen right now. I knew someone hit it before I left. I noticed it when I was inspecting my car after the wheel broke. But I assumed it happened a while ago and I just never noticed. And I didn't try to use my passenger door up until now.

So at that point I decided maybe I should check my rear wheel again. Yep still loose! So I'm at a loss about what it could be. I just don't get it. It wiggles when it's on the ground, but once on the lift it's nice and tight. I just hope my wheel isn't going to break...
Oh that is just scary!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: