Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #136
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It is a bit more than pastries and fruit. They had cereals, bagels, pastries, biscuits/gravy. That sort of fair. The main thing I didn't like was the outdoor hallways. I am strange that way. There is a small topiary garden that you might like there. The ART also starts right in front of Stovall's too so that is always an option too.

As far as food suggestions. Have you seen this website before? There are menus for all of the food places on here.

The AP rates are up for part of your dates. I don't know what is going on the week you are going but the prices go up right before you go to $293 a night for AP rates.
Michele: I didn't even see your post!

First of all, I want to say this - I checked out the website for the hotel you're staying at and it does look very lovely! I wish it was closer because I would totally stay there without thinking twice.

Thanks for the input about the breakfast and ART.

I'm not really sure how ART works. Not that there really is that much to figure out. But for this week, ART runs a half hour after the Disneyland closes. My concern with it is when I'm in WDW (and I know I can't really compare DL to WDW, but I don't have much else to go on) it's usually a half hour to an hour before I even get to the park exit. I don't know if exiting DL at park closing is like WDW (where everyone is exiting at one time and it's like a giant cluster) but when parks close at WDW I tend to grab a seat on a bench or hang out in a shop until the crowd thins out.

As for the menus, oh yes, I know that site! I've lived by it for like the past ten years. Thanks for throwing it out there for me, though, because it did take me years before I ever found it.

I honestly don't think The Disneyland Hotel will ever drop enough in price for me. It is such an amazing looking hotel, but when I can stay at a hotel a couple blocks away for $500 a week... it's hard to spend so much more. But one can hope!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #137
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Michele: I didn't even see your post!

First of all, I want to say this - I checked out the website for the hotel you're staying at and it does look very lovely! I wish it was closer because I would totally stay there without thinking twice.

Thanks for the input about the breakfast and ART.

I'm not really sure how ART works. Not that there really is that much to figure out. But for this week, ART runs a half hour after the Disneyland closes. My concern with it is when I'm in WDW (and I know I can't really compare DL to WDW, but I don't have much else to go on) it's usually a half hour to an hour before I even get to the park exit. I don't know if exiting DL at park closing is like WDW (where everyone is exiting at one time and it's like a giant cluster) but when parks close at WDW I tend to grab a seat on a bench or hang out in a shop until the crowd thins out.

As for the menus, oh yes, I know that site! I've lived by it for like the past ten years. Thanks for throwing it out there for me, though, because it did take me years before I ever found it.

I honestly don't think The Disneyland Hotel will ever drop enough in price for me. It is such an amazing looking hotel, but when I can stay at a hotel a couple blocks away for $500 a week... it's hard to spend so much more. But one can hope!

Oh you're welcome. I told Scotty that if we decided to stay in DTD or anywhere else in the resort too late that I wouldn't mind taking a taxi. Honestly it is still so much cheaper than staying onsite.

You're welcome. I love by that website, I get so many great ideas on where to eat and I like seeing the menu changes. I am normally a counter service restaurant person. As far as food the day you get in there is a place right next store to Stovall's it reminds me of like a Denny's or something along those lines. That way if you are too tired that is convenient for you.

I love the Ayres, it is a European Boutique style hotel and their customer service is wonderful!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #138
BeckWhy

Quote:
Oh you're welcome. I told Scotty that if we decided to stay in DTD or anywhere else in the resort too late that I wouldn't mind taking a taxi. Honestly it is still so much cheaper than staying onsite.

You're welcome. I love by that website, I get so many great ideas on where to eat and I like seeing the menu changes. I am normally a counter service restaurant person. As far as food the day you get in there is a place right next store to Stovall's it reminds me of like a Denny's or something along those lines. That way if you are too tired that is convenient for you.

I love the Ayres, it is a European Boutique style hotel and their customer service is wonderful!
The Ayres is very nice! And really the price isn't bad. If I was renting a car it would be up on the list, that's for sure.

I have never been to a Denny's in my life! HAHA I'm not joking! But thanks for pointing out the restaurant right there.
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
Old 06-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #139
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
The Ayres is very nice! And really the price isn't bad. If I was renting a car it would be up on the list, that's for sure.

I have never been to a Denny's in my life! HAHA I'm not joking! But thanks for pointing out the restaurant right there.

When we went in February we didn't use our car the whole time we were there. I loved it!! When we stayed at Stovall's we drove everyday.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #140
BeckWhy

Quote:
When we went in February we didn't use our car the whole time we were there. I loved it!! When we stayed at Stovall's we drove everyday.
Did you take ART to Disneyland? Ayres is so far away!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #141
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Did you take ART to Disneyland? Ayres is so far away!

Yes, we did. The Ayres is the second stop on the way to the park. The first stop in the Amtrak station and only once during our stay was there anyone else on the bus when we got on. It is a ways out but that was part of what I loved. That and we never heard anyone else in our room. No neighbor or hallway noise at all. Plus their breakfast is really good and extensive.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #142
BeckWhy

Quote:
Yes, we did. The Ayres is the second stop on the way to the park. The first stop in the Amtrak station and only once during our stay was there anyone else on the bus when we got on. It is a ways out but that was part of what I loved. That and we never heard anyone else in our room. No neighbor or hallway noise at all. Plus their breakfast is really good and extensive.
I'm definitely adding this hotel to my list. But I still have a concern when it comes to ART and what happens if it says the park closes at midnight and the last bus is at 12:30 and I miss it. Does ART always only run a half hour after closing?

You know what... Let me ask on the Disneyland board! HAHA
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #143
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'm definitely adding this hotel to my list. But I still have a concern when it comes to ART and what happens if it says the park closes at midnight and the last bus is at 12:30 and I miss it. Does ART always only run a half hour after closing?

You know what... Let me ask on the Disneyland board! HAHA

With ART I do know that they send out more than one bus at night for closing. We had no problems with it from Ayres. There was never a crowd on it. When we used ART from Stovall's we used it only one day and I didn't want to use it again. It was always crowded.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #144
BeckWhy

Airfare difference

So I just want to point out the savings I got on my plane ticket.

Before: $384.20
After: $292.20

Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #145
BeckWhy

Double Digit Dance

Oh! I just wanted to say:

Double Digit Dance

Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #146
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oh! I just wanted to say:

Double Digit Dance

Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #147
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Enjoying your PTR so far!
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #148
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Enjoying your PTR so far!
I'm glad because I've had some interesting things going on in my life since I started it!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #149
BeckWhy

New Car -- Almost

So the past week has been centered around cars (and not the movie). Last week the local Toyota dealership was running a "sale" at the mall and since I work across the street a Dodge Avenger caught my eye.

Initially I had eliminated the Dodge Avenger because it didn't come with push start ignition. But since it was there, I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

I got to the mall and popped the hood to the Avenger and it had exactly what I wanted... the 3.6L Pentastar V6.

So I checked out the car, and the saleswoman sent me on a test drive. This engine does exactly what I want it to. After getting used to the torque steer, this car became fun to drive. I actually haven't liked driving a car so much since the Pontiac G6 GXP.

So I took it and showed my mom, then off to the mechanic. It was a 2011, so I didn't really expect there to be any problems with it, but he did a complete inspection of the car. Since my mechanic is a Mopar man, he gave the car two thumbs up and sent me on my way.

So the asking price last saturday was $15,995. This is more than I wanted to spend, and it was missing key features I wanted (push start and heated seats).

So I left the car. I headed down to the local Dodge dealership and they had three Avengers there, all with heated seats. Of course they had them priced wrong (the sign said $8870 for one, and $9995 for the other two... seriously I was about to buy two cars). But the salesman said they were the wrong price and wouldn't sell them to me.

So the next day I went to see the other car I've had a crush on since the salesmen made me drive it -- the Hyundai Sonata 2.0T. This has the features I love, and more (rear heated seats). I took this car to see my mom, then back to the dealership. They were going to sell it to me for $30,000 out the door. I had to sleep on it, since I only wanted to spend $15k.

The next day I went back and said I wasn't going to get it, since it was double what I planned on spending. I could afford the payments, if I continued to live at home.

So since then I've been attempting to prep my car for trade. She's an old girl, but has several upgrades that I wanted to take out (they cost a fortune and could be used on my mom's car). I have an aftermarket CD player in my car so I wanted to put the original radio back in, since I wasn't getting anything extra for my car with a CD player. But alas we can't locate the original radio. This actually doesn't really bother me. I'm not sure I could even install the CD player into my mom's car, and all newer cars come with high end radios anyways.

Well today I woke up and found out they dropped the price on the Avenger to $14,995. I'm stoked! They really want to get rid of the car (it's been sitting on their lot for months) and this puts me in the upper hand! I want to get the car $15,000 out the door, which, unless they are absolutely unreasonable, they will be able to do if I trade in my car. But I'm still going to try to get the car even less than that. I know they want to get rid of it.

So tomorrow I'm going back to make an offer. Then, I hope, we can negotiate the cost to $15,000 out the door or less.

So wish me luck! (Actually, with my luck they will sell the car today. *knock on wood.)

If this goes through this will be the second car I've purchased since I got my license over ten years ago!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #150
kaoden39
Hugs

Oh good luck!! I am crossing my fingers for you!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: