Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #76
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
You all look lovely. I hope you had a fun time. Thanks for sharing.

We had a great time.... cheezy tiaras and all! Well, I had two, one I got in my FE and a cheezy $1 one I bought for 5 of us!

Can't wait til my next one. Thanks for starting this all!

kendzee94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #77
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
We threw this together less than one week before our cruise!
Sweet!! Looks like you had fun!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #78
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Sweet!! Looks like you had fun!
We did!!! Now I'm an honorary Champagne Girl! I'm keeping my tiara and boa for next cruise too!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #79
Tashaw1234
Earning My Ears

How do we know/

Quote:
Well all you have to do is sail on one of my cruises....hahaha OR do it yourself however you want to on your next cruise. I usually hire a DCL sommolier to teach us about each champagne that we're tasting. Then I tell him to give us some time in between to drink and talk. It's usually very entertaining and fun.

How do we know when you're planning one of these cruises?
Tashaw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #80
mom3girls2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW!!!!! I'm flattered that my little get together to do a champagne tasting like girly girls has grown this far. I LOVE IT!!!!!

I have done 3 tastings so far but I know that many others have been done on cruises that I have not sailed on. My next one is going to be on the first Hawaii cruise. We're wearing pink Leis and pink flowers in our hair that I'm providing.

It's really up to one person or two to organize it. Then you can determine how much or how little you want to put into it. For example, I always provide the pink boas and tiaras. At other CG tastings everyone brought their own. You pick whatever works for you and your group. I can copy my way of doing it and you can decide how you want to do it after reading. Any questions, I'll check back here and be happy to answer them. Here's a copy of my current event:

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.......CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling all the Champagne Girls.....I'm about to make an announcement:

I will be co-hosting a Champagne Girls Tasting, along with my co-host and co-originator Mandy UK/angel, for women only on the Hawaiian cruise. Every adult woman is invited. You don't have to drink champagne to attend, but it certainly doesn't hurt if you do.

Here's how it works when I do it:

I request a room from DCL. I order a variety of champagne from DCL. I put it on my bill. All the ladies attending are required to wear pink. Pink leis and pink flowers for your hair will be provided for everyone to wear. We will take a group picture that will be very pink. We will "taste," "drink," "guzzle" and consume all the champagne while discussing it and many other things. It's a fun, fun way to spend two hours on a sea day.

We have a mascot, Sassy Bubbles, who is attending and will be dressed as a pink tink. We have ladies who won't drink any champagne, they are honorary members and can attend without any charge. We have ladies who will just have a little champagne and not all of the varieties, they are the sippers and will be charged $5 cash to attend. We have ladies who are drinkers/guzzlers and will drink all the various champagnes offered, they are the tasters and will be charged $10 cash to attend. I collect some money to offset part of the costs to me. In no way does it cover all of my expenses, but I prefer to offer it at a minimal price so that many more ladies will be able to attend. I always say, "the more the merrier."

If you are interested in attending please post on page one of the spreadsheet on this thread....look for the tab, tell me your name, stateroom number and category preference.....honorary member, sipper or taster.....so I can determine how much champagne I need to order.

That's it. Our first tasting was done in 2008, the second in 2009 and the third in 2011 on the first Alaskan. Since then more Champagne Girls Tastings have been done by others that attended, not by me. Personally, I think they stole the name PINK for the Champagne Bar on the DREAM from us. hahaha.

I'll post some pictures soon.

This sounds so fun! It sounds almost like the FE's. Guest-created, guest-organized, and above all, FUN! I am going to present this idea to my upcoming cruise's group and see how many are interested ... although I can see my DH resisting, although I read another post here where a cigar-meet was suggested for men.

I don't have the funds to underwrite champagne, let alone a sommelier, but I have no problem bringing some to share (onboard).

It seems like there is a lot of leeway to what you can do with it. I hope some of my fellow(?) cruisers would enjoy this, because I know that I would !!!
Along with Sarah (28) and her Chris (28), Rachel (27) and her Shachar (32), and Danielle (22)

30th Anniversary Grand Slam B2B DCL Fantasy Oct 11-18, 2014 + Oct 18-25, 2014
DCL Magic Jan 27 - 31, 2014 (with all our girls + a fiancé) PLUS Jan 25 + 26 pre-cruise in a Lion King Suite at the Art of Animation Resort!
New Year's Eve 2013 - Jan 3, 2014, DVC @ GF
Dec 18- 21, 2013 Off property (Parkway International Resort, Kissimmee)
Epcot's Int'l. Flower & Garden Festival 2013, All-Star Sports[/B][/COLOR]
FIRST B2B:
Feb 16, 2013 5-Nights (W. Carib ~ Cozumel & Castaway Cay) PLUS Feb 21, 2013 4-Nights out of Miami, FL
Christmas 2012 and NYE 2012/NY 2013 at Walt Disney World
Int'l Food & Wine Festival Nov. 3 - 9, 2012 ~ Split Stay: Boardwalk & AKL

August 17-24, 2012 off-site @ Liki Tiki Village in Winter Garden
Mar 2 - 10, 2012 for the International Flower & Garden Festival (AKL-JH and then off-site at Star Island, Kissimmee)

Feb 28 - Mar 1 for One More Disney Day @ ASMu
DCL~FIRST Cruise - CUPIDS IN THE CARIBBEAN (7-night Magic E. Carib. 2/11-18/2012)

Dec. 25, 2011 - does Disney on Ice (Dare to Dream) count?
DW 27th Anniversary 10/22/2011 AKL-KV + BLT plus 1 week off-site at Parkway International Resort (which gets a huge thumbs up)
DTD 2011 June 7 - Day Trip just for Dinner
DW 2011 April 15 - Day Trip to the Magic Kingdom with dh and our 3 princesses
Universal's Islands of Adventure 2011 March 18-20 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter w/just me & #3
DW 2011 January - Star Island Resort (1 wk); Calypso Cay (1 wk)
DW 2010 Christmas Week - AKL-JH
DW 2010 Mid-Dec. - Magic Tree Resort (1.5 wks) w/#3 & her bff
DW Nov 8-11 2010 - Surprise DVC Gift AKL-JH
DW 2010 26th Anniversary Visit - Star Island Resort (1wk); Calypso Cay Resort (1 wk); Blue Tree Resort (1 wk)
DW 2010 Easter Week - OKWR
DW 2009 October Silver (25th) Anniversary Trip- All Star Music Resort (2 weeks)
DW Family Gathering 2007 - Star Island Resort
DW Honeymoon 1984 - Colony Plaza Hotel
[/COLOR]
mom3girls2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #81
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls2000 View Post
This sounds so fun! It sounds almost like the FE's. Guest-created, guest-organized, and above all, FUN! I am going to present this idea to my upcoming cruise's group and see how many are interested ... although I can see my DH resisting, although I read another post here where a cigar-meet was suggested for men.

I don't have the funds to underwrite champagne, let alone a sommelier, but I have no problem bringing some to share (onboard).

It seems like there is a lot of leeway to what you can do with it. I hope some of my fellow(?) cruisers would enjoy this, because I know that I would !!!
I planned ours for the sea day at the same time of the beer tasting. I figured (yes stereotypical) that the men could do that while the women got together for champagne, other drinks, whatever!

Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #82
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

This sounds and looks like so much fun!!!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #83
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashaw1234 View Post
How do we know when you're planning one of these cruises?
How about I let you know right here on this thread? I tend to do them on longer cruises not the shorter ones. Currently, I don't have any future cruises booked. My DH is retiring in four months and we're moving to Orlando. But I promise that when I'm planning my next one, I will post on this thread. I generally know a year or so in advance.....so I'll give you plenty of notice.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
EllaEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #84
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls2000 View Post

If you put the word out there.....they generally will come. Just tell everyone on your cruise thread how you want to do it and ask who would be interested. I bet you get a lot of people. I had 95 at my last event on the Hawaii cruise. hahaha. It IS a lot of fun, no matter how you set it up. Enjoy!!!

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #85
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I planned ours for the sea day at the same time of the beer tasting. I figured (yes stereotypical) that the men could do that while the women got together for champagne, other drinks, whatever!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #86
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
This sounds and looks like so much fun!!!!
It really is....you should try organizing one on your next cruise. Set it up your own way. It's a lot of fun.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #87
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
We had a great time.... cheezy tiaras and all! Well, I had two, one I got in my FE and a cheezy $1 one I bought for 5 of us!

Can't wait til my next one. Thanks for starting this all!

No problem......just one crazy idea between two disers chatting over coffee one day..... We're both shocked that it has turned into what it has. There are champagne girls on lots and lots of cruises now. We LOVE it!!!! It's getting to be like doing the FE gifting.....on every cruise. So cool!!!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #88
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
We did!!! Now I'm an honorary Champagne Girl! I'm keeping my tiara and boa for next cruise too!
You know you can put a logo or a tag line in your signature, if you'd like. Just copy off of my signature for a logo and you can put any tag line you want. Because you are certainly an official Champagne Girl!!!!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #89
COASTIEandMATE
Mouseketeer

Wink

Quote:
How about I let you know right here on this thread? I tend to do them on longer cruises not the shorter ones. Currently, I don't have any future cruises booked. My DH is retiring in four months and we're moving to Orlando. But I promise that when I'm planning my next one, I will post on this thread. I generally know a year or so in advance.....so I'll give you plenty of notice.
Hi!! I went to your Champagne Girls meet on the Inaugural Alaska cruise last year on the Wonder! The waves were choppy but I loved every minute of it!! Lucky you moving closer to the mouse, hope to see you again on a Disney cruise... ALOHA, Karen
Old 09-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #90
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COASTIEandMATE View Post
Hi!! I went to your Champagne Girls meet on the Inaugural Alaska cruise last year on the Wonder! The waves were choppy but I loved every minute of it!! Lucky you moving closer to the mouse, hope to see you again on a Disney cruise... ALOHA, Karen
Hi Karen, Aloooooooha and Mahalo.....we were on the Hawaii cruise too.....hahaha. I do remember you from the Alaska cruise and yes the sea was rough that day. I couldn't enjoy it because I had to run out and I got sick, so I could not drink. Other than that, I was fine. It was a nice event, very fun.....except for the waves. Glad you had a good time!!!!!!

I can't wait to live near the mouse. DH said he'll even work there part time for the cast member discounts, so we'll be able to cruise more often. YAY!!!

I'm sure we'll run into each other again on another cruise with another Champagne Girls event. Cheers till then!!!

Upcoming DIS Cruises

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: