Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
SanFranciscan
DIS Veteran

I am going over old threads since I have not spent much time on Disboards lately. Thank you all so much for your responses.

I am currently working in a Halloween store, where I really enjoy dressing the customers and where I am licking my wounds for failing to pass the assessment test to work in a call center for Disney World. I so enjoyed the guests at the Walt Disney Museum during my volunteer days there in San Francisco that I was sure that I could sell them on Disney World. Well, it's been a couple of years since I last worked in a call center so all that time behind a camera instead of at a keyboard made my typing a little clumsy. I was so disappointed after Disney turned me down that I went up the street to a buffet on International Drive and pigged out like an idiot, even though I really am normally responsible about my eating habits.

Working from home still appeals to me, but I am investigating the possibilities of doing public relations as my own business from home. Then it would be my own deal period and not the uncertainty of "independent contractor," which is so often applied to work-at-home jobs. My responsibilities to my own clients I understand, and my responsibilities as an employee I understand. I am not really comfortable with the in-betweens.
SanFranciscan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: