DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Parking @ Boardwalk

We would drive to MK and Ak while staying here, was just wondering do you park really far away from the villas.? ( Grand Floridian parking to me is a long walk to rooms).
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
We would drive to MK and Ak while staying here, was just wondering do you park really far away from the villas.? ( Grand Floridian parking to me is a long walk to rooms).
It depends on where your villa is. If you are in standard view or quiet pool view, it isn't far. If you have boardwalk view, main pool or Swan view, it's pretty far. The parking lot is close to the bus stop so taking the bus doesn't cut down the walk.

Parking is in the lower right:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
drusba

DIS Veteran

The largest portion of the self-parking lot is actually across brom BWI and depending on how far away you have to park it can be a somewhat long walk to a long walk. For most rooms, it is very comparable to GF.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
discorsner
DIS Veteran

If you are able to factor in valet to your budget I think it's worth it depending how many times you come and go. Then again I have a bad ankle that acts up from time to time so sometimes adding a parking lot walk after a really long day at the parks is the last thing i want to do.
January 2014 Wilderness Lodge/Disney Dream June/July 2013 Beach Club Villas/ Vero Beach/ Disney Dream January 2013 Disney Wonder November 2012 Boardwalk June 2012 AKV/ Disney Fantasy/ SSR January 2012 Split stay Boardwalk/Grand Floridian September/October 2011 Port Orleans Riverside June/July 2011 Split stay CBR and Beach Club May 2010 First time to Disneyland!!!May 2010 Pop CenturyAugust 2009 Off Property Rental HouseMay 2009 POFQ/ Disney Wonder/ PolynesianMay 2008 Disney Wonder/ All-Star SportsMay 2006 All-Star Movies August 2002 Coronado SpringsMay 2002 Wilderness LodgeJanuary - May 1998 WDW College Program May 1996 Caribbean BeachAugust 1994 Off-Property- 1st trip to the World!
discorsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

we stay at the BWVs a few times a year, rent a car, and don't feel the resort guest parking is very far at all admittedly, we really dislike having cars as part of our vacation view, so don't care for resorts where you can park too close to the resort.

the GF visitor lot (across the street), imho, is quite a hike - we will only valet if visiting there. are you speaking of the vistor or resort guest GF lot?
the BW visitor lot is about the same long distance as GF's.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: