Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #121
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
I was going to bring up what Judyloonybin said - there is also an option to go in on a photopass share. I've never been in on one. DH is a photographer so we usually use our own camera and have had the photogs use that to snap a pic or two for us as well but you should be able to find a thread on here somewhere that enables you to join a group of 3,4 or 5 making it much more affordable to do photopass.

The list looks good - all I could add is that if you have the wet wipes with you then you might not need the disposable placemats b/c you can just use a wipe to wipe down the table. I use wipes for hands, faces, and tables usually and a few times even for bird poop on one of us. so pack lots of those for sure - they are SO handy to have.

Oh, did you think to maybe have a little zip lock bag with medicine type stuff for the parks too? I get a little ziplock and put the following in it...

2 pepto bismal chewables
2 advil
2 childrens advil
1 allergy tablet
2 immodium disolvables
a few bandaides
boo boo cleaner like polysporin - travel sized
pre cut moleskins.
chapstick
travel sized sunscreen for redoing noses or ears or in case someone forgot to put on sunscreen that day (DH does that often).

Just one or two of each thing doesn't take up much room and it's SOO nice to have if needed. I just replace whatever was used at night so it's ready for the next day.
Good call on the meds. I always have children's Tylenol in the diaper bag, but it would be good to have the other ones on hand, too.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #122
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
This year, we are part of a photopass share. I am hoping we get a few good pictures.
so are we, possibly even the same one Spring Dream?
It's costing us less than $20 incl postage to the UK so, I'll be happy if even just a couple turn out ok
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #123
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Bought our tickets!

It's been a rough week over here: expensive car repairs, an ER visit for my mom (who lives in NOLA, while I'm in Florida -- talk about stress), and then I was sick for part of the week.

So this morning I did something to cheer myself up. I got Starbucks on my way into work (that's always fun) ... AND I went to AAA and bought our tickets!

We went with the Wild for 3 passes for this trip. For a while we were talking about getting seasonal passes, but the $$$ car repairs put that idea to rest.

When we get to WDW, we have to trade these vouchers in for the actual tickets, but these still make me happy.

Sunday is online check-in day!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #124
amazingact21
Upendi

Yikes, sorry to hear about all the stress! Those unfortunate situations always seem to happen at the most inopportune time, as well. And even though you couldn't get the season passes, at least you were able to buy your tickets!!!

That just makes the whole trip seem so real!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #125
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear the past few days have been kind of rough.

Yay for getting the tickets!! I am going to try and buy mine soon to lock in rates before they (probably) go up this summer. As we will be there 5 days in the parks, I am going to get the FL AP Weekly pass. It is just a few dollars more than the 5day FL tix, and then I can go again (during the week) if I want in the next year.

Did AAA give you a diamond access parking pass?

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #126
wakica
DIS Veteran

oooh, i love the passes! They do look so fun

I'm sorry for the unforseen stresses and costs thogh It's so hard when those things sneak up on you

Me dh dd(16)
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #127
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

I am sorry to hear about the not so great days. Love your tickets! Those are so fun!

It is not too much longer until the trip!!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #128
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Why do days like that always seem to happen when we have a major trip on the horizon? Glad you've made it through the week. Of course, buying those tickets can help brighten up a day!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #129
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. But yay for Starbucks! OH, and tickets! Double yay for tickets! Hope you have a nice weekend!

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #130
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Yikes, sorry to hear about all the stress! Those unfortunate situations always seem to happen at the most inopportune time, as well. And even though you couldn't get the season passes, at least you were able to buy your tickets!!!

That just makes the whole trip seem so real!
Yes, it seems SO real now. I don't know how I'm supposed to get anything done at work this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
So sorry to hear the past few days have been kind of rough.

Yay for getting the tickets!! I am going to try and buy mine soon to lock in rates before they (probably) go up this summer. As we will be there 5 days in the parks, I am going to get the FL AP Weekly pass. It is just a few dollars more than the 5day FL tix, and then I can go again (during the week) if I want in the next year.

Did AAA give you a diamond access parking pass?
Good idea getting them before prices go up. I didn't realize there's a weekday pass (I thought that was just for Epcot, and for after 4 p.m.), but how fun!

No, and I forgot to ask about it. Oh, well. We will probably drive to the parks anyway -- except for maybe Magic Kingdom so we don't have to go through the TTC (the buses drop you off at the park entrance, right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
oooh, i love the passes! They do look so fun

I'm sorry for the unforseen stresses and costs thogh It's so hard when those things sneak up on you
The passes do look fun, don't they? I swear, anything with a Mickey head on it makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
I am sorry to hear about the not so great days. Love your tickets! Those are so fun!

It is not too much longer until the trip!!
Yep, almost there! Only 10 days ... I can DO this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Why do days like that always seem to happen when we have a major trip on the horizon? Glad you've made it through the week. Of course, buying those tickets can help brighten up a day!
I know, right? It's unfortunate, but at least with all of that going on I had my trip to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Sorry to hear you had a rough week. But yay for Starbucks! OH, and tickets! Double yay for tickets! Hope you have a nice weekend!
Yay for Starbucks indeed. Thanks, you too!

Thanks for your support, everyone! Today is online check-in day, woohoo! I can hardly believe there are only 10 days until we get to go...!!!

Last edited by Elleshoodat; 04-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #131
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Online check-in day

...was yesterday. I went through the process, more for the thrill than anything. I mean, we still have to visit with a CM at the registration desk even though we're technically checked in already.

And today I ordered our Disney Visa rewards redemption card. It's supposed to arrive 5/2 ... the day we leave, yikes! Hopefully Chase gave a conservative estimate and it arrives earlier.

Nine more days! <-- That's me doing the single-digit dance.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #132
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

What I want to eat & buy

I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but if I am ... oh, well! I made lists of things I want to buy and eat while at the World. I know I will probably end up buying more (OK, much more) than what's on my list, and I know I will be eating more.

I just hope I don't gain back all the weight I've lost -- 8 pounds since March 26!

Here are my lists...

To eat:
  • Via Napoli - We have an ADR on our Epcot day, woohoo!
  • Barbecue slaw dog at Casey’s - This looks soooo yummy.
  • Ice-cream cookie sandwich from Main Street Bakery or Fountainview Café - I have a serious sweet tooth, and chocolate chip cookies are my weakness.
  • Sweet ‘n’ spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow - Or I'll settle for the Nutella one.
  • Cake pops and cupcakes (anywhere and everywhere I can find them)
  • Flame Tree Barbecue - I have such a great memory of eating here on DH's and my trip in 2007. We sat near the water on one of the lower levels, and it was such a peaceful meal.
  • Muffaletta - Not as good as the ones in NOLA, but a little taste of home. (I may have to get some beignets, too!)

To buy:
  • Jewelry from Bead Outpost - This little kiosk is so intriguing to me, and I love souvenirs that are a bit out of the norm.
  • Coffee mugs - I love big coffee mugs for the weekends (during the week I drink my coffee from a travel mug), and there are some super-cute ones out now. There's a pretty Flower & Garden one the Disney Parks Blog wrote about a couple of months ago, and an animal-print Mickey-head one at Animal Kingdom that someone (I think amazingact21) wrote about in their PTR. I'm hoping to snag at least one of those.
  • A picture frame for my desk - I have pictures of DS everywhere at work, but mostly they're stuck into the cubicle wall with push pins.
  • A figurine for my desk - Something I can look at while I'm working and think of Disney (as if I don't do that all day anyway ). I'd love to be able to find a Figment one (I have a nostalgic love of the guy), but I've struck out the last few trips.
So are there any must-eats I'm missing? What's on your to-eat and to-buy lists?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #133
Maestra99
Mouseketeer

Great to-eat and to-buy lists!

Are you a Dole Whip fan? I tried one on my last trip and loved it, so I'll have to get that again. I also must have a chocolate frozen banana on every trip - yum!

I love coffee mugs, too, so I'm also planning to pick up a few. We usually do our souvenir shopping at the Disney store at DTD and end up walking out with much more than we planned! I also want to get DS a cute t-shirt (or five ) and one for DH and me. And for a totally random to-buy item: I got some Mickey-shaped reusable ice cube things once and I love them! They will be fun to use this summer (no more watered-down drinks!) so I plan to pick up a few more packs.

Your trip is almost here!!

198? ~~ 1999 ~~ July 2009 Honeymoon @ AKL ~~ Sept. 2010 POP ~~ Nov. 2010 quickie trip @ Swan Feb. 2011 solo trip : ~~ Oct. 2012 @ POFQ!!
Blair | Dave | Miles 8/13/11 | Ozzy
Old 04-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #134
amazingact21
Upendi

I've never thought about doing a must-eat list and normally I just keep a mental souvenir list in my head. But being the crazy organized person I am, I already know what I'll be doing this afternoon. Thanks for posting this and giving me the idea!

I think a figurine would be a really cool Disney memento to keep at work. A nice little reminder of great vacations...

Mmm, all your foods sound delicious. I haven't had a muffaletta in years (since I lived in LA)! And a sweet and spicy chicken waffle sounds oddly delicious.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #135
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Your list of food and souvenirs sounds great! Don't worry, I do the same thing. I actually end up making money envelopes for those things and fill them up before we go, that waY, they're basically already paid for.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: