Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #76
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran
 
cinderella crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Tennessee - Big Orange Country
Posts: 961

Joining in! Buying stuff for the trip is one of the best parts of the trip! I bought a VB bag for our last Disney trip and it was one of the best things I've bought. I'm sure your little one will appreciate the fan. I wish we had thought of that when our children were in strollers.
cinderella crazy is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #77
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Joining in! Buying stuff for the trip is one of the best parts of the trip! I bought a VB bag for our last Disney trip and it was one of the best things I've bought. I'm sure your little one will appreciate the fan. I wish we had thought of that when our children were in strollers.
Thanks for joining in! There are all sorts of things stores convince you that you "need" for babies and little kids, but I really think the fan will come in handy. If nothing else, it should hold his attention for a while.

Oh, and I'm just starting in on your PTR, but I wanted to say my husband went to UT and is a huge Vols fan. We have quite the SEC rivalry in our house, LOL.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #78
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

40 days to go!

As of today, our countdown is at 40 days. WOOHOO!!!

That's the length of Lent, so I know I can do it ... but come onnnn, May 2.

Happy Friday, everyone!
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #79
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,463

Hi! Came over from my PTR where you came over from the May FB page (I'm making that sound way more confusing that it has to be!).

Love that you're taking your son for the first time. I'm such a sucker for baby's first trips! I'm curious to see what you guys think of CSR compared to POR and POFQ.


I like your choice of ADRs, and I think the food at each will be a perfect midday meal. Nothing super heavy right in the middle of the (most likely, hot) day, but enough to refuel you and give each of you a chance to escape the heat and crowds for a bit.
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #80
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins
 
Rienchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
As of today, our countdown is at 40 days. WOOHOO!!!

That's the length of Lent, so I know I can do it ... but come onnnn, May 2.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Yay, 40 days for us as well, we can do that

I am so excited, it's going to be here before we know it!
__________________
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?



Rienchen is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #81
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran
 
cinderella crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Tennessee - Big Orange Country
Posts: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Thanks for joining in! There are all sorts of things stores convince you that you "need" for babies and little kids, but I really think the fan will come in handy. If nothing else, it should hold his attention for a while.

Oh, and I'm just starting in on your PTR, but I wanted to say my husband went to UT and is a huge Vols fan. We have quite the SEC rivalry in our house, LOL.
So are you a Florida fan and he's a UT fan? That could make for some intersting moments at your house... It's been hard to get really excited about the Vols lately.
cinderella crazy is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #82
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Hi! Came over from my PTR where you came over from the May FB page (I'm making that sound way more confusing that it has to be!).

Love that you're taking your son for the first time. I'm such a sucker for baby's first trips! I'm curious to see what you guys think of CSR compared to POR and POFQ.

I like your choice of ADRs, and I think the food at each will be a perfect midday meal. Nothing super heavy right in the middle of the (most likely, hot) day, but enough to refuel you and give each of you a chance to escape the heat and crowds for a bit.
Thanks for coming over! I'm curious to see what we think of the resort, too. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I didn't care for CBR because of its size and I think CSR is similarly spread out. But we will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Yay, 40 days for us as well, we can do that

I am so excited, it's going to be here before we know it!
Oh, cool ... I didn't realize we were getting in on the same day! Yes, it will be here before we know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
So are you a Florida fan and he's a UT fan? That could make for some intersting moments at your house... It's been hard to get really excited about the Vols lately.
Oh, no no no. We are united in our dislike of the Gators, LOL. I went to LSU, which made for some interesting nights early in our relationship but for the last few years hasn't been an issue. I know the time will come, though, when our roles are reversed and the Vols ARE playing well (and my Tigers not so much).
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #83
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran
 
cinderella crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Tennessee - Big Orange Country
Posts: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Oh, no no no. We are united in our dislike of the Gators, LOL. I went to LSU, which made for some interesting nights early in our relationship but for the last few years hasn't been an issue. I know the time will come, though, when our roles are reversed and the Vols ARE playing well (and my Tigers not so much).
I just wish Peyton would retire, come home to Tennessee and get our team back in shape. One can wish and hope...
cinderella crazy is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #84
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
I just wish Peyton would retire, come home to Tennessee and get our team back in shape. One can wish and hope...
See, I can get behind Peyton because he's from New Orleans. The team just hasn't been the same since Fulmer left and Kiffin pulled his fast one. Dooley is still green, but I can see him shaping up to be a strong coach. You know, if Peyton doesn't hear your wish.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #85
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,261

joining in Your plans look good I found you over on the May DIS'ers FB page.

I LOVE the fan!! My dd is 14 and boy as much as a hassle a stroller can be I actually miss having one to throw the darn bag on!!! lol. I HATE carrying bags in the parks

I am also thinking of booking in a portrait session - was it easy to fit in? or are they already filling up and hard to find a good time slot?

Sounds like we are going around the same time. So day 1 for you is May 2nd?? or did I get that wrong?
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #86
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins
 
Rienchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Oh, cool ... I didn't realize we were getting in on the same day! Yes, it will be here before we know it.
Yes, we're staying at CSR May 2nd until the 12th, wish we could go for longer to make that 9 hour flight worth it but 10 days was all we could afford. We're very thankful for free (quick service) dining!
__________________
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?



Rienchen is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #87
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
joining in Your plans look good I found you over on the May DIS'ers FB page.

I LOVE the fan!! My dd is 14 and boy as much as a hassle a stroller can be I actually miss having one to throw the darn bag on!!! lol. I HATE carrying bags in the parks

I am also thinking of booking in a portrait session - was it easy to fit in? or are they already filling up and hard to find a good time slot?

Sounds like we are going around the same time. So day 1 for you is May 2nd?? or did I get that wrong?
I am torn on the stroller thing. Obviously we need it, but I'm so used to being able to weave through the crowds and NOT used to having to park the darn thing and worry about it being moved ... or worse! I'm sure everything will be fine, though.

The portrait sessions seem to book up faster than I thought they would. I'm having to shift around some of our plans in order to get the resort we want.

Yep, May 2 is our first day -- our arrival day, anyway. We plan to leave home after lunch and make the drive (and I'm hoping DS naps on the way since that's his usual nap time!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Yes, we're staying at CSR May 2nd until the 12th, wish we could go for longer to make that 9 hour flight worth it but 10 days was all we could afford. We're very thankful for free (quick service) dining!
See, to me 10 days sounds like an eternity! Y'all are super lucky to be able to stay for so long. Right now a three-night trip is all we can afford, and I figure it will be just the right amount of time for DS to get a taste of the magic without overwhelming him. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway!
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #88
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 938

DS' shirt is here!

I previously wrote about wanting to buy a personalized shirt for DS' first trip. I found a few I liked on Etsy and am so happy with the shirt I chose. The seller was super easy to work with, and the shirt arrived in about 10 days. Here it is!



Andrew will wear this on our Magic Kingdom day. I'd love to find some red plaid shorts to go with it, but I'm sure he will end up in navy shorts. (Why are so many boys' clothes BLUE?!)
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #89
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,261

It looks GREAT!!!

I miss the themed clothing part of the trip but I've been told by DH and DD14 that it won't be happening this time. LOL.
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #90
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran
 
cinderella crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: East Tennessee - Big Orange Country
Posts: 961

Adorable shirt! Did one of the DisDesigners design it?
cinderella crazy is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.