Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #61
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Luckily we get to sleep in the morning after our Magic Kingdom day. Unluckily we have to go home. Boo.
That going home part is always the saddest Disney moment!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #62
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Love your list. I would suggest though maybe having a little bit of a more concrete plan in the morning when it comes to touring Fantasyland. I would either hit Dumbo or Peter Pan first, and then do the other, and get a FP here and there.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #63
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
That going home part is always the saddest Disney moment!
I knowwwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Love your list. I would suggest though maybe having a little bit of a more concrete plan in the morning when it comes to touring Fantasyland. I would either hit Dumbo or Peter Pan first, and then do the other, and get a FP here and there.
Good idea. I'm actually creating a custom Touring Plans plan. I just keep going back and changing it!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #64
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Our ADRs (don't get too excited -- there are only two of them)

Since December I’ve made and cancelled several ADRs for various reasons. We aren’t foodies and for the most part are fine with counter-service meals … but sometimes you just want someone to serve you, y’know? As long as you’re not paying out the wazoo, which is another problem with dining at Disney (the first being the need to decide where you want to eat long beore your trip).

Also, we might eat out once or twice on the weekends, but for the most part we eat at home, which obviously makes for shorter meals. I didn’t want to make a bunch of reservations and have Andrew have to sit through two or three table-service meals a day. So here are the ADRs we ended up with:
Via Napoli – May 3 at 11:30 a.m. (I have heard and read SO many good things about this one, and since DH is Italian I thought it was a clear winner.)
The Plaza – May 4 at noon (We ate here when at the Magic Kingdom a couple of years ago. Even though it's simple, it's really yummy! Plus, I don't like to eat a big, heavy meal in the middle of the day.)
I made both for lunch thinking we can have a nice sit-down meal after a full morning of park touring before returning to the resort for a rest. I'm not sure when we will be returning to the parks in the evenings, so I was hesitant to make dinner ADRs ... but I'm happy where we landed.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #65
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you made some good choices there. I haven't eaten at NV as it wasn't open the last time I was at EPCOT (or rather, even built!). That should be a nice choice. I can't believe your trip is coming up so soon!!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #66
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Probably a good decision to limit your table service meals. Sometimes getting a little one to sit through those meals can be tiring on the parents!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #67
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Is your via Napoli reservation for the Fantasmic package?

We'll be on free QSDP dining and I'm considering booking a Fantasmic dining package just to get reserved seats.
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #68
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Sounds like you made some good choices there. I haven't eaten at NV as it wasn't open the last time I was at EPCOT (or rather, even built!). That should be a nice choice. I can't believe your trip is coming up so soon!!
Yeah, I am really excited about that one. I'd love to try one of the more adventurous pizzas, but DH is pickier than me so we'll probably end up with something like a four-cheese pie.

Quote:
Probably a good decision to limit your table service meals. Sometimes getting a little one to sit through those meals can be tiring on the parents!
Boy, are you right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Is your via Napoli reservation for the Fantasmic package?

We'll be on free QSDP dining and I'm considering booking a Fantasmic dining package just to get reserved seats.
Via Napoli is at Epcot, and I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic packages are only available at Hollywood Studios restaurants, so no. We aren't planning to visit DHS at all this trip, and I don't know whether we'll get to see ANY fireworks shows what with DS being so young.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #69
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli is fantastic! We ate there after a trip to Italy and we still loved their pizza haha. I do hope you get to see some fireworks though - we got earmuffs for Aria and plan to try them out during the 4th of july festivities. I know the time is late for little ones but khertz definitely managed to do it! Helped that her little one would sleep in the stroller.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #70
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

Quote:
Via Napoli is at Epcot, and I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic packages are only available at Hollywood Studios restaurants, so no. We aren't planning to visit DHS at all this trip, and I don't know whether we'll get to see ANY fireworks shows what with DS being so young.
Oh I feel silly now, I meant Mamma Melrose of course
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #71
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Via Napoli is fantastic! We ate there after a trip to Italy and we still loved their pizza haha. I do hope you get to see some fireworks though - we got earmuffs for Aria and plan to try them out during the 4th of july festivities. I know the time is late for little ones but khertz definitely managed to do it! Helped that her little one would sleep in the stroller.
Yay! That is so great to hear. I really, really hope to see some fireworks, too. I'm a huge Wishes fan, but I'll settle for IllumiNations, LOL. DS is super easygoing so I think it will just depend on how well he's sleeping and napping, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
Oh I feel silly now, I meant Mamma Melrose of course
Oh yeah, I forgot DHS has an Italian restaurant, too. I've never eaten there, but I've seen some positive reviews on the Restaurants board. And some negative ones, too -- I think most restaurants get mixed reviews since even Disney can't please everyone.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #72
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Buying "stuff" for our trip

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. For the past few months, I've been buying things I think it will be nice to have on our trip. Sure, I tell DH that we will be able to use them often (and we will) ... but really I'm thinking about how handy they will come in while we're at Disney World.

The first thing I bought (and our biggest purchase by far) was the Britax B-Agile. I had been on the lookout for a travel stroller for a while, and this one won out over the City Mini. We've used it a few times, and while it has its faults (I'll include a full review in my trip report), we are all really happy with it.

I then bought a Vera Bradley hipster in Island Blooms. When it was just DH and I on trips, I primarily used a Coach swingpack for our room keys, tickets, phones, etc., but the one I have is a bit old and I wanted something new.

Nothing at the Coach outlet has been impressing me lately (nothing! Not just the swingpacks), so a friend turned me on to Vera Bradley. I'd kind of turned my nose up at them in the past thinking they were for "old ladies," but I fell in love with the Island Blooms pattern. I also love how roomy it is. It will be perfect to wear across my body and take the essentials onto rides, into restaurants, etc. when we have to leave the stroller.

I haven't bought the next few items yet, but it's only a matter of time. I'm trying to spread out my purchases a bit.

Backpack with cooler compartment - I've done a lot of research on these, and I think this is the one we will go with. It will serve as our diaper bag and our cooler, as DH and I drink a LOT of water.

Stroller fan - The reviews on these are a bit mixed, so it may be more for my own peace of mind than DS' comfort, but I figure it couldn't hurt to try one.

I've also ordered a shirt off Etsy for DS (we went with Option 2) and will post pictures of it when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

So what do you think of our purchases, and what have YOU purchased (or will you purchase) with your trip in mind?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #73
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Cute VB hipster! I have quite a collection at my house, so I don't think they're just for old ladies......

Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #74
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Quote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. For the past few months, I've been buying things I think it will be nice to have on our trip. Sure, I tell DH that we will be able to use them often (and we will) ... but really I'm thinking about how handy they will come in while we're at Disney World.

The first thing I bought (and our biggest purchase by far) was the Britax B-Agile. I had been on the lookout for a travel stroller for a while, and this one won out over the City Mini. We've used it a few times, and while it has its faults (I'll include a full review in my trip report), we are all really happy with it.

I then bought a Vera Bradley hipster in Island Blooms. When it was just DH and I on trips, I primarily used a Coach swingpack for our room keys, tickets, phones, etc., but the one I have is a bit old and I wanted something new.

Nothing at the Coach outlet has been impressing me lately (nothing! Not just the swingpacks), so a friend turned me on to Vera Bradley. I'd kind of turned my nose up at them in the past thinking they were for "old ladies," but I fell in love with the Island Blooms pattern. I also love how roomy it is. It will be perfect to wear across my body and take the essentials onto rides, into restaurants, etc. when we have to leave the stroller.

I haven't bought the next few items yet, but it's only a matter of time. I'm trying to spread out my purchases a bit.

Backpack with cooler compartment - I've done a lot of research on these, and I think this is the one we will go with. It will serve as our diaper bag and our cooler, as DH and I drink a LOT of water.

Stroller fan - The reviews on these are a bit mixed, so it may be more for my own peace of mind than DS' comfort, but I figure it couldn't hurt to try one.

I've also ordered a shirt off Etsy for DS (we went with Option 2) and will post pictures of it when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

So what do you think of our purchases, and what have YOU purchased (or will you purchase) with your trip in mind?

Joining in. I have a bad habit of buying stuff for vacation, in fact, I won't buy something unless I can use it at WDW.

Love the Vera Bradley bag. I've been looking into getting one of the mini hipsters for our upcoming trip.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #75
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cute VB hipster! I have quite a collection at my house, so I don't think they're just for old ladies......
Haha, I didn't mean anything by that! Now that I have one, I can see why people like them so much. Not only are they super cute, but the quality is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Joining in. I have a bad habit of buying stuff for vacation, in fact, I won't buy something unless I can use it at WDW.

Love the Vera Bradley bag. I've been looking into getting one of the mini hipsters for our upcoming trip.
Whew! I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who buys things specifically for Disney trips.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: