Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #46
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Looking at tofubeast's cute shirts in her report reminded me that I want to order a personalized Mickey Mouse shirt for Andrew's first visit. I've found some on Etsy and have it narrowed down to three, but now I'm stuck. Help!

Which is your favorite?
Haha. Thanks for the shout out! I am going to probably use Etsy for a shirt for Miss J as well later this year.

My vote goes for shirt #2 because it is really cute and I also like the date. It will be a shirt you can always save for memories sake too.

So what stroller did you decide on?

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
Rienchen
Real Life Mary Poppins

I like shirt number 2, i think the mickey ears are so cute

I was at a baby expo today and got to push both the city mini and the britax b agile around, I know the model is slightly different over here in the UK(britax is a 4 wheeler here) but I loved the b-agile. The fabric is so soft and the seat feels so much sturdier. The only niggle I have is that the handle is fairly short, but luckily I am "only" 5"8 so the handle is just tall enough, if I was any taller I'd prefer the city mini.
Disneyland Paris Daytrips in 1998, 1999 and 2002 Disneyland Paris 2 Days/1 Night at the Sequoia Lodge in 1998 Disneyland Paris 3 Days/2 Nights at the Hotel Cheyenne in 2000Walt Disney World April 2004 2 Days(Off Site Youth Hostel) Mother Daughter Trip to WDW offsite April 2006 WDW December 2008 ASMu

2 nannies on a mission to find Mary Poppins at Disneyland Paris-a November 2011 Trip Report

Dining Review in Progress: Please take a guess how much we cost the Mouse?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #48
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Haha. Thanks for the shout out! I am going to probably use Etsy for a shirt for Miss J as well later this year.

My vote goes for shirt #2 because it is really cute and I also like the date. It will be a shirt you can always save for memories sake too.

So what stroller did you decide on?
I am leaning toward that one, too...

We bought the B-Agile! We've had it for a few weeks now, and soon I'm planning to write about how we like it so far. There are a couple of minor things I'm not loving (the handles are a bit short for me, and DS seems to slump rather than sit up straight), but overall it's working well for our needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienchen View Post
I like shirt number 2, i think the mickey ears are so cute

I was at a baby expo today and got to push both the city mini and the britax b agile around, I know the model is slightly different over here in the UK(britax is a 4 wheeler here) but I loved the b-agile. The fabric is so soft and the seat feels so much sturdier. The only niggle I have is that the handle is fairly short, but luckily I am "only" 5"8 so the handle is just tall enough, if I was any taller I'd prefer the city mini.
That's exactly the issue I'm having with the B-Agile. I'm 5'9", and the handle could be a teensy bit longer for my liking. It has a ton of really great features, though, so I haven't yet decided whether that's a dealbreaker.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #49
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am leaning toward that one, too...

We bought the B-Agile! We've had it for a few weeks now, and soon I'm planning to write about how we like it so far. There are a couple of minor things I'm not loving (the handles are a bit short for me, and DS seems to slump rather than sit up straight), but overall it's working well for our needs.

That's exactly the issue I'm having with the B-Agile. I'm 5'9", and the handle could be a teensy bit longer for my liking. It has a ton of really great features, though, so I haven't yet decided whether that's a dealbreaker.
I agree re: the handles. The slump is something that also happens with the City Mini. I just wish the strollers could be more erect. Other than that, I love my BA so far.

I was going to share that on my PTR I posted the results of my toddler ride/show survey. Just in case it is helpful for you with your upcoming May trip!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)

Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #50
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

All the shirts are cute--You can't go wrong with any of them.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #51
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Booked a portrait session at Beach Club!

I've been debating for a while whether to book a portrait session through Disney Event Photography, and today I went for it.

We have next to no pictures of the three of us and I want something we can use for Christmas cards and the like, plus these can serve as Andrew's 18-month portraits.

I booked a mini session for midmorning on the Thursday of our trip. It doesn't exactly fit into our park-touring plan -- I was hoping for midmorning that Saturday, but there is no availability at the Beach Club and I have my heart set on that location -- but I don't really mind having to rework our plans.

Bonus: Now I get to SHOP for coordinating outfits for me, DH and DS. Woot!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #52
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been debating for a while whether to book a portrait session through Disney Event Photography, and today I went for it.

We have next to no pictures of the three of us and I want something we can use for Christmas cards and the like, plus these can serve as Andrew's 18-month portraits.

I booked a mini session for midmorning on the Thursday of our trip. It doesn't exactly fit into our park-touring plan -- I was hoping for midmorning that Saturday, but there is no availability at the Beach Club and I have my heart set on that location -- but I don't really mind having to rework our plans.

Bonus: Now I get to SHOP for coordinating outfits for me, DH and DS. Woot!
This is something I'm thinking about doing too! Can you give me info on pricing? I plan to prepay for a photopass cd, didn't know if that gives a little discount for a photo shoot? Will you get the pics on the cd? I hope so, so you can post them when you return!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #53
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
This is something I'm thinking about doing too! Can you give me info on pricing? I plan to prepay for a photopass cd, didn't know if that gives a little discount for a photo shoot? Will you get the pics on the cd? I hope so, so you can post them when you return!
From what I understand, the portrait sessions are now completely separate from PhotoPass. All of the pricing information can be found here, but the flat fee for the 20-minute session we're doing is $150. There are some FAQs and reviews on the Resort Photos & Videos board, but a lot of the information is outdated.

I will definitely post pics with my TR. Hopefully that will help you decide!

Oh, and DH wants to use navy as the base for our color coordinating, and I've found a dress i think will work (and of course it won't be any trouble to find something with navy for DS). What do you think?

Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I love that dress. Perfect for a May photo shoot!! I can;t wait to see how your pics turn out! I will be doing PP again this year, but I think in the future, I would love to book a photo session.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #55
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I love that dress. Perfect for a May photo shoot!! I can;t wait to see how your pics turn out! I will be doing PP again this year, but I think in the future, I would love to book a photo session.
Thanks! I can't wait, either. Most of the reviews here on the DIS are positive, but there are some mixed -- mostly people not liking how they look in the pictures. I'm pretty critical of myself, too, so we shall see!

Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #56
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, I'll have to read more about it.

Love the dress and navy idea! Will work perfectly at the beach club!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #57
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Soooo my mom is in town this weekend visiting us (OK, let's be honest -- she mostly came to see Andrew), and we went shopping and bought a few different dresses. I'll end up wearing all of them to work/church/etc., but I don't know yet which one I will wear for our portrait session. Luckily I have a couple of months to decide, LOL. We also found a couple of cute options for Andrew.

Also, on Friday I was playing around on disneyworld.com and realized there's a better discount available for our resort and room type. I don't know if we had the Florida resident discount before and the spring room-only discount is better or what, but regardless I made a new reservation and saved us $37.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #58
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

First off, YAY for saving any amount of money! Secondly, love the dress, very cute!

I like the idea of the mini-portrait session. In fact, it got me to thinking.....My oldest is heading off to college at the end of the summer, maybe we should have a family portrait done?!? I'm seriously considering it!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #59
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
First off, YAY for saving any amount of money! Secondly, love the dress, very cute!

I like the idea of the mini-portrait session. In fact, it got me to thinking.....My oldest is heading off to college at the end of the summer, maybe we should have a family portrait done?!? I'm seriously considering it!
Yes, yes, YES! I am all about family portraits, so I say go for it. I'd like to say you can wait and hear how our session goes before booking yours, but it seems like they book up fast. I wanted to have our shoot on Saturday morning, but the only thing available at Beach Club was Thursday morning.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #60
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Plan for Day 3: Magic Kingdom

"Talking" with tofubeast over on her PTR got me thinking about our Magic Kingdom day, and I realized I never did post our grand plans for Day 3.

The park opens at 9 a.m., and I plan to be there at rope drop. Our attractions to aim for, in no particular order (we’re going to hit Fantasyland first, obviously ):
  • it’s a small world – A classic
  • Dumbo – I don’t think I’ve ever been on this, but I feel like I’ll lose my Mommy Card if we don’t take DS on it.
  • Jungle Cruise – Andrew looooves animals
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – …and Pooh bear.
  • Peter Pan’s Flight – Another classic
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic – This one might be a bit of a challenge since it’s in the semidarkness and you have to stay seated for a while.
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority/PeopleMover – One of my favorite ways to relax in the MK
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – A lot for Andrew to look at and take in
  • Carousel of Progress – This is one of my personal must-dos, even if DH has to chase DS around Tomorrowland for a while.
  • Walt Disney World Railroad – Another way for us to unwind
  • Pirates of the Caribbean/The Haunted Mansion – These two are up in the air since they’re dark rides, but DH LOVES HM so I have to let him get at least one ride in.
  • A parade? – The afternoon parade would be fun for Andrew, but we will most likely be resting at the resort then.
  • Magic, Memories & You – I’ve heard so many great things about this one.
  • Wishes – This is my favorite of the nighttime shows, and I haven’t seen it in years. I would love, love, LOVE to stay and watch it, but we’ll see.
Luckily we get to sleep in the morning after our Magic Kingdom day. Unluckily we have to go home. Boo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: