Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #211
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,463

Sad...your trip is already over. It felt like you just started this TR!


It looks like you guys spent your last WDW day having a great time in Epcot. Glad Andrew loved Nemo and all the fish.

Via Napoli is wonderful. You should definitely try and make it a "date night" one time and eat there just the two of you. I think it's the perfect restaurant to do that in WDW. And isn't Disney food extra nice when you get to eat it back at home? I love bringing home snacks and reliving the magic just a tiny bit.
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #212
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Wow you can't beat eating leftover Via Napoli pizza at home! Your trip sounds like it was wonderful - I LOVED the MK day and the pic of Andrew pointing to the castle - too cute!

So sad to read about the ends of trips, hope you'll be back soon. It looked like Andrew did a fantastic job though on the rides, napping, in restaurants, etc. So glad it was great!
I know, right?! And don't you love how we ate it even after it had been sitting in the stroller in the sun all day? LOL. Luckily neither of us got sick.

Andrew did do a really great job. We knew going in that we had to be super flexible and I'll write more about that in a wrap-up, but he was as easygoing on vacation as he is at home. I love that little boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Andrew's "Mickey" shirt turned out so cute! A perfect outfit for his MK day!

He looks so cute pointing at the fish in Epcot.
Yes, he looooves fish. I call him our little marine biologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
What a great day in EPCOT to end the trip on! And leftover pizza to boot!

Sounds like y'all had a really good trip! I hope our DD does as well as Andrew did here in a week and a half!
I'm sure your DD will do great! The biggest advice I can give is don't plan too much -- which I'm sure you know already -- and just enjoy being there. Have FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
What a wonderful ending to your trip! I loved your Epcot day, makes me even more excited for our trip! I love that about the Dis!

I have to tell you I love how you dress Andrew! Such a cute little man he would look adorable in anything! I find boys clothes are hard but you have great taste for your little man!
Aww, thank you. I never thought it would be as fun to dress a boy as it would be to dress a little girl, but there are some really cute clothes for boys! I can't take credit, though. Carter's puts together the outfits, and I just go buy them ... or get my mom to!

I love the DIS, too. Reading about everyone else's trips is such a fun way to pass the time between trips, and to get excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sad...your trip is already over. It felt like you just started this TR!

It looks like you guys spent your last WDW day having a great time in Epcot. Glad Andrew loved Nemo and all the fish.

Via Napoli is wonderful. You should definitely try and make it a "date night" one time and eat there just the two of you. I think it's the perfect restaurant to do that in WDW. And isn't Disney food extra nice when you get to eat it back at home? I love bringing home snacks and reliving the magic just a tiny bit.
I know, right?! I am still on the vacation "high" and wanted to finish the trip report so I can send it to our parents to read. But it definitely feels like I was just on here starting a PTR, and now my TR is done. Crazy!

I love eating Disney food at home. We didn't buy any snacks this time, mainly because I have no willpower when it comes to sweets, but we did bring home some of the magic.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #213
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,012

Nooooo, your TR can't be over yet!!! But seriously, it looks like you all have a wonderful time at WDW. Your TR was fun to read and I loved all the pics. Your son appears to have had a a blast. So when are you returning next?!!

BTW the pizza looks sooooooooooo good. Now I am thinking of adding it to my ADR list. Hmmm. I want a slice of your pizza for lunch right now!

So what were your son's favorite rides/shows? What are you 'final' thoughts on bringing a young toddler to WDW? Any tips?
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #214
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,193

That pizza at Via Napoli looks delish! I'll have to try it out one of these days!

Isn't that fountain play area the best! We always make a point to hit it when we are in Epcot. Sometimes it is the simplest things that make kids the happiest!

I'm so glad you guys had an awesome trip, but I'm sorry this TR has to come to a close!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #215
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,261

Enjoyed catching up!! That pizza with artichoke sounded SOOOO delish! I never would have thought of putting artichoke on pizza!!! Mmm, I think home made pizzas are in the near future
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #216
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Nooooo, your TR can't be over yet!!! But seriously, it looks like you all have a wonderful time at WDW. Your TR was fun to read and I loved all the pics. Your son appears to have had a a blast. So when are you returning next?!!

BTW the pizza looks sooooooooooo good. Now I am thinking of adding it to my ADR list. Hmmm. I want a slice of your pizza for lunch right now!

So what were your son's favorite rides/shows? What are you 'final' thoughts on bringing a young toddler to WDW? Any tips?
I know; I can't believe it's over already, either.

I would definitely recommend Via Napoli. I chose it mainly because Nick is Italian and I know Andrew (usually) likes pizza, but it was a winner all around.

I'll write a post about my final thoughts and observations (including when we plan/hope to visit WDW again), but Andrew really enjoyed playing on the playgrounds more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
That pizza at Via Napoli looks delish! I'll have to try it out one of these days!

Isn't that fountain play area the best! We always make a point to hit it when we are in Epcot. Sometimes it is the simplest things that make kids the happiest!

I'm so glad you guys had an awesome trip, but I'm sorry this TR has to come to a close!
You are so right. And when the kids are happy, Mom and Dad are happy.

Thank you for reading along! Hopefully it won't be too long before I can start up another PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Enjoyed catching up!! That pizza with artichoke sounded SOOOO delish! I never would have thought of putting artichoke on pizza!!! Mmm, I think home made pizzas are in the near future
I highly recommend it! These artichokes were marinated, not fresh, so I would suggest using some from a jar.

***

I will be MIA for the long weekend, but next week I plan to write a wrap-up post. Stay tuned!
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #217
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!
 
MinnieLovesMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,212

Just got caught up and now it's over!


I'm glad Andrew enjoyed AK. It'll be DS's first time there on our trip. He loves our animals so I'm sure he'll be fascinated with all the animals there.

I have to agree about the opening show for MK, I find myself choking up every time. I'm just a sentimental sucker. I love the MK's classic rides too, IASW, TTA, CoP, etc, they're always reliable, hardly ever have to wait in line.

Too bad you didn't get to spend more time in Epcot, there's never enough time to explore that park.

Hopefully you guys get to return soon.
__________________
MinnieLovesMickey is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #218
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Just got caught up and now it's over!

I'm glad Andrew enjoyed AK. It'll be DS's first time there on our trip. He loves our animals so I'm sure he'll be fascinated with all the animals there.

I have to agree about the opening show for MK, I find myself choking up every time. I'm just a sentimental sucker. I love the MK's classic rides too, IASW, TTA, CoP, etc, they're always reliable, hardly ever have to wait in line.

Too bad you didn't get to spend more time in Epcot, there's never enough time to explore that park.

Hopefully you guys get to return soon.
You're right -- there is never enough time for Epcot. I'd love to stay at an Epcot-area resort next trip so we can walk over whenever.

Your DS is going to love Animal Kingdom. It's an animal lovers' paradise ... especially for kids!
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #219
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Post-trip thoughts

Touring with a toddler:
I knew going into the trip that we would need to be flexible and accommodating for Andrew (luckily heís super easygoing), and we definitely took our time and followed his lead. I thought our lists of must-dos were reasonable, but we didnít get through them all (then again, we did do some things that werenít on the lists).

It was surprising to me just how much longer touring with a toddler takes. Not just going at his/her pace, but also the things you donít think about Ė parking the stroller between attractions, retrieving it afterward. I totally didnít account for the time that took.

Random observations:
I was pleasantly surprised by the behavior of guests and CMs. You read so much on the DIS about rude guests and CMs who arenít so magical, but Ė although we didnít have any truly magical moments Ė pretty much everyone we encountered was polite and helpful.

I also didnít see an inordinate number of ECVs; the DIS would have me believe theyíre as prevalent as children. I did notice a ton of strollers, but that was mainly because we were parked with them.

New experiences:
Our first family vacation!
Via Napoli
Poly
Portrait session
Turtle Talk with Crush
Dumbo
The Boneyard

Old favorites:
POFQ
Muzak that plays on the resort information channel <-- I have a ridiculous love of this.
Buffalo Wild Wings
Bongos
TTA

Whatís next:
I would love to visit in early December one year and stay at Wilderness Lodge. I envision us visiting the deluxe resorts and checking out their decorations, going on a sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness and maybe doing MVMCP one night, but it wouldnít be a "big" trip.

That said, I think I realized this time that longer trips might be better for us. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on our short trip Ė Andrew had fun playing on the various playgrounds and it was pretty relaxing, as Disney trips go Ė but both Nick and I came away feeling as though we hadnít seen or done much. So I think we need to save for a while so we can do a longer trip. Iíd like to stay in a deluxe resort or maybe finally try Coronado Springs; eat in France or Mexico in World Showcase, and maybe at ĎOhana; and spend more time at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.

Ideally we will go again before Andrew turns 3, but who knows whatís in store for us?

Thanks, everyone, for reading. I know how much I enjoy keeping up with others' trips, and I hope you've all enjoyed visiting the parks along with us.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #220
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Touring with a toddler:
I knew going into the trip that we would need to be flexible and accommodating for Andrew (luckily heís super easygoing), and we definitely took our time and followed his lead. I thought our lists of must-dos were reasonable, but we didnít get through them all (then again, we did do some things that werenít on the lists).

It was surprising to me just how much longer touring with a toddler takes. Not just going at his/her pace, but also the things you donít think about Ė parking the stroller between attractions, retrieving it afterward. I totally didnít account for the time that took.
Good points! I got a feel for the whole stroller 'issue' when we went with a friend and his two young children. Part of me is contemplating using the Ergo carrier at times when in the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
[Whatís next:
I would love to visit in early December one year and stay at Wilderness Lodge. I envision us visiting the deluxe resorts and checking out their decorations, going on a sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness and maybe doing MVMCP one night, but it wouldnít be a "big" trip.

So I think we need to save for a while so we can do a longer trip. Iíd like to stay in a deluxe resort or maybe finally try Coronado Springs; eat in France or Mexico in World Showcase, and maybe at ĎOhana; and spend more time at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.
If you want to do deluxe and spend moderate prices, I would consider renting points for DVC especially during a less popular time of year. Just remember, when doing so, that you will want to book with someone who is a DVC owner at the resort you want at the 11 month out period.

Also, CSR is pretty awesome!

Thanks for your insight!! Loved your PTR/TR and can't wait for your next trip!!
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #221
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,706

Thanks for the trip wrap up! I do hope that you get to make it back sooner rather than later! I second renting DVC points, it's worked out so well for us. We'd also love to check out the Wilderness Lodge - prob our next big trip we'll rent points for there.

I am also worried about the extra time for everything. I wonder if by day 3 we'll be down to a backpack with diapers & a carrier for Aria vs the stroller and the million things I expect to bring? Guess we'll see!

You can't beat Andrew being free - I hope to fully take advantage of Aria being under 3, and hope you can too!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #222
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Good points! I got a feel for the whole stroller 'issue' when we went with a friend and his two young children. Part of me is contemplating using the Ergo carrier at times when in the parks.

If you want to do deluxe and spend moderate prices, I would consider renting points for DVC especially during a less popular time of year. Just remember, when doing so, that you will want to book with someone who is a DVC owner at the resort you want at the 11 month out period.

Also, CSR is pretty awesome!

Thanks for your insight!! Loved your PTR/TR and can't wait for your next trip!!
When you're going, it will be nice and cool, so the Ergo will be good to have. But it was so darn hot on our trip that I didn't even want to wear anything with sleeves, let alone have a 23-pound toddler strapped to me! Plus, Andrew is so darn independent now that he probably wouldn't have let Momma carry him around.

Thanks for the DVC tip. That's something I've been contemplating, but I don't like the idea of not having full control over my reservation (I tend to change my mind quite a bit), plus I'm not as crazy about some of the DVC resorts' decor as I am about the decor at their "sister" resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Thanks for the trip wrap up! I do hope that you get to make it back sooner rather than later! I second renting DVC points, it's worked out so well for us. We'd also love to check out the Wilderness Lodge - prob our next big trip we'll rent points for there.

I am also worried about the extra time for everything. I wonder if by day 3 we'll be down to a backpack with diapers & a carrier for Aria vs the stroller and the million things I expect to bring? Guess we'll see!

You can't beat Andrew being free - I hope to fully take advantage of Aria being under 3, and hope you can too!
I hope we get to go back sooner rather than later, too!

We brought too much stuff with us most days, but definitely make sure you take a change of Aria's clothes to the parks every day. It should still be pretty warm (in October, at least), and she will love playing in the little splash areas. Oh, and a plastic bag to put the wet clothes in.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #223
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,261

I loved following along!! So sad it's over now

I have to agree that longer trips are nice but if I lived closer I would not hesitate to do a shorter one like yours

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #224
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
I loved following along!! So sad it's over now

I have to agree that longer trips are nice but if I lived closer I would not hesitate to do a shorter one like yours

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Thanks for following along, Kim! I'm sad it's over, too.

We will probably continue to take shorter trips ... especially around Food & Wine time!
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.