Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #136
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestra99 View Post
Great to-eat and to-buy lists!

Are you a Dole Whip fan? I tried one on my last trip and loved it, so I'll have to get that again. I also must have a chocolate frozen banana on every trip - yum!

I love coffee mugs, too, so I'm also planning to pick up a few. We usually do our souvenir shopping at the Disney store at DTD and end up walking out with much more than we planned! I also want to get DS a cute t-shirt (or five ) and one for DH and me. And for a totally random to-buy item: I got some Mickey-shaped reusable ice cube things once and I love them! They will be fun to use this summer (no more watered-down drinks!) so I plan to pick up a few more packs.

Your trip is almost here!!
Y'know, I've tried a Dole Whip before and didn't really care for it. I know I'm in the minority on that, but I prefer my desserts to involve chocolate.

Isn't that always the case? I know DS will want a few things, and even DH usually gets into the spirit and walks away with a couple of souvenirs.

Ooh, good idea on the ice cubes. I'll have to take a look at those, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I've never thought about doing a must-eat list and normally I just keep a mental souvenir list in my head. But being the crazy organized person I am, I already know what I'll be doing this afternoon. Thanks for posting this and giving me the idea!

I think a figurine would be a really cool Disney memento to keep at work. A nice little reminder of great vacations...

Mmm, all your foods sound delicious. I haven't had a muffaletta in years (since I lived in LA)! And a sweet and spicy chicken waffle sounds oddly delicious.
LOL, I knew you'd appreciate that. It can go along with your outfits spreadsheet!

I didn't realize you used to live in Louisiana. Whereabouts? I'm from about a half-hour outside New Orleans. We're going "home" (I still consider it home) Memorial Day weekend, and I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Your list of food and souvenirs sounds great! Don't worry, I do the same thing. I actually end up making money envelopes for those things and fill them up before we go, that waY, they're basically already paid for.
That's a great idea, but how do you keep yourself from being tempted to buy other stuff? That's my biggest problem. I get into the Emporium or Mouse Gear and want everything.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #137
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

If there's something else I want, I'll still probably get it. The envelopes are basically for the things I've been promising myself for the last couple of trips and either forget about them or when I go back to get them, it's out of stock for the day.
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #138
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
If there's something else I want, I'll still probably get it. The envelopes are basically for the things I've been promising myself for the last couple of trips and either forget about them or when I go back to get them, it's out of stock for the day.
Ahh, that makes sense. Cool!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #139
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Joining a little late... but better late than never! YAY for single digit dancing! I love that last week of palpable anticipation!! I know y'all are gonna have a great trip!

Love your list idea of must eats and must buys. I will have to do one of those too. Great idea! I love me some Vera Bradley too... and fought it for a long time too. But I agree... just not loving the new designs at Coach lately! Vera Bradley all the way!

My middle son was 12 months old at his first trip and it was a great memorable trip!! Can't wait for the TR!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #140
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
Joining a little late... but better late than never! YAY for single digit dancing! I love that last week of palpable anticipation!! I know y'all are gonna have a great trip!

Love your list idea of must eats and must buys. I will have to do one of those too. Great idea! I love me some Vera Bradley too... and fought it for a long time too. But I agree... just not loving the new designs at Coach lately! Vera Bradley all the way!

My middle son was 12 months old at his first trip and it was a great memorable trip!! Can't wait for the TR!
Thanks for joining in!

Yes, what is up with Coach lately? It's gone so far downhill in such a short time. Vera all the way, lol.

Aww, how fun. I'll definitely be writing a TR, so stay tuned.

Five more days...!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #141
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
LOL, I knew you'd appreciate that. It can go along with your outfits spreadsheet!

I didn't realize you used to live in Louisiana. Whereabouts? I'm from about a half-hour outside New Orleans. We're going "home" (I still consider it home) Memorial Day weekend, and I can't wait!

My family was military, so we were at Barksdale AFB for two years, and lived in Bossier City (outside of Shreveport.) While I don't consider it my "home" it's where I finished high school, and because I ran the roads every weekend, I remember the city really well, and my best friend still lives there. I bet you're excited to be going back for Memorial Day!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #142
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
My family was military, so we were at Barksdale AFB for two years, and lived in Bossier City (outside of Shreveport.) While I don't consider it my "home" it's where I finished high school, and because I ran the roads every weekend, I remember the city really well, and my best friend still lives there. I bet you're excited to be going back for Memorial Day!
Awesome! I'm with you on "running the roads." There wasn't much else to do in my hometown, lol. Yes, I am super excited to be going home. We're trying to get all of our flying in before DS turns 2 and we have to pay for him on Southwest. Plus, it's crawfish season!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #143
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I think your lists are a great thing!

I love coffee mugs---just sitting on a Saturday morning, drinking coffee from my Mickey mug, and reading the DIS....It's a great day!

One of the best souvenirs I ever bought was a watch---just the classic black band with Minnie on the face. I wear it every day-a constant reminder-and it always makes me happy when I look down at it!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #144
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I think your lists are a great thing!

I love coffee mugs---just sitting on a Saturday morning, drinking coffee from my Mickey mug, and reading the DIS....It's a great day!

One of the best souvenirs I ever bought was a watch---just the classic black band with Minnie on the face. I wear it every day-a constant reminder-and it always makes me happy when I look down at it!
YES! I'm a morning person, and sometimes I'll get up before the baby on Saturdays so I can have my coffee while reading the DIS in peace. It's my Mommy Time.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #145
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

I keep crossing my fingers that this ugly storm above our state blows far far away by the time you make the drive to WDW. crossing fingers.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #146
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I keep crossing my fingers that this ugly storm above our state blows far far away by the time you make the drive to WDW. crossing fingers.
Thanks. I am right there with you. Weather.com is saying there's a 30% chance right now (I'm sure it will go up as we get closer), but even if we do get some storms, I'd rather be at Disney World spending time with my family than at work.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #147
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Final plans

I can hardly believe our trip is almost here, but tomorrow we go to Disney World!!! We've tweaked our plans a bit in the last week or so, but here is what our final itinerary looks like:

Day 1, Wednesday 5/2:
We will leave home after lunch and make the two-hour drive to WDW. Hopefully DS sleeps most of the way since it will be his normal nap time. After checking into POFQ, unpacking and resting or exploring a bit, we will get all dolled up for our portrait session and head over to the Poly.

After our 5 p.m. mini session, we will have dinner (DH wants to drive over to the Crossroads for Buffalo Wild Wings) before returning to POFQ to explore and maybe swim. I hope to get DS to bed at his usual bedtime ... and I'm crossing my fingers he sleeps well even though he'll be in a strange place.

Day 2, Thursday 5/3:
Animal Kingdom rope drop is 9 a.m., so I'm hoping to leave the room by 8:15, 8:30 at the latest so we can drive over. We may not make it for the actual rope drop, but hopefully we will still beat the midmorning rush.

Must-dos:
• Kilimanjaro Safaris
• Maharajah Jungle Trek
• Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
• The Boneyard
• Affection Section

Maybe-dos:
• Finding Nemo – The Musical or Festival of the Lion King
• Expedition Everest
• DINOSAUR

We will probably leave the park in the early afternoon, and I doubt we will return. We'll spend the rest of the day at POFQ, swimming or taking the boat to Downtown Disney. Early night this night, as the next day is Magic Kingdom day!

Day 3, Friday 5/4:
We will definitely be at Magic Kingdom for the opening ceremony and 9 a.m. rope drop. In fact, I'm planning to take the resort bus this day so we don't have to go through the TTC.

The plan is to leave the park after lunch so DS can nap back at the resort (and hopefully Mommy and Daddy, too!), then return to the Magic Kingdom in the evening. I don't know that we will make it all the way to Wishes, as much as I'd love to; we will play it by ear.

Must-dos:
• Dumbo
• it’s a small world
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Peter Pan’s Flight
• Tomorrowland Transit Authority/PeopleMover
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
• Carousel of Progress
• Walt Disney World Railroad
• Jungle Cruise

Maybe-dos:
• Mickey’s PhilharMagic
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• The Haunted Mansion
• Magic, Memories & You
• Wishes

Day 4, Saturday 5/5 (my 32nd birthday!):
This morning after checking out, we will hit Epcot for a few hours before making the drive home (booooo). Rope drop at is 9 a.m., and we have a Via Napoli ADR at 11:30 a.m.

We have a few must-dos, but for the most part will take it easy. Probably soon after lunch we will get on the road and head home so DS can nap. But again, we will follow his lead.

Must-dos:
• The Seas with Nemo & Friends
• Journey Into Imagination with Figment
• Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
• Flower & Garden exhibits, especially the playground

Maybe-dos:
• Turtle Talk with Crush
• Soarin’
• Living with the Land
• Spaceship Earth
• Innoventions

Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #148
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Day 1, Wednesday 5/2:
We will leave home after lunch and make the two-hour drive to WDW. Hopefully DS sleeps most of the way since it will be his normal nap time. After checking into POFQ, unpacking and resting or exploring a bit, we will get all dolled up for our portrait session and head over to the Poly.

Hope the session goes well!! I hope you share the pics with us!!

Day 2, Thursday 5/3:
Animal Kingdom

Must-dos:
• Kilimanjaro Safaris
• Maharajah Jungle Trek
• Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
• The Boneyard
• Affection Section

Maybe-dos:
• Finding Nemo – The Musical or Festival of the Lion King
• Expedition Everest
• DINOSAUR

What about Camp Minnie to see characters? Your son might like Triceratop Spin as it is just like Dumbo. My friend's 2 yo loved Lion King, so I think we are going to do that with our DD. I think it is 25 mins, so shorter than Nemo.

Day 3, Friday 5/4:

The plan is to leave the park after lunch so DS can nap back at the resort (and hopefully Mommy and Daddy, too!), then return to the Magic Kingdom in the evening. I don't know that we will make it all the way to Wishes, as much as I'd love to; we will play it by ear.

What time is Wishes that night? Hoping you guys get to make it.

Must-dos:
• Dumbo
• it’s a small world
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Peter Pan’s Flight
• Tomorrowland Transit Authority/PeopleMover
• Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
• Carousel of Progress
• Walt Disney World Railroad
• Jungle Cruise

Maybe-dos:
• Mickey’s PhilharMagic
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• The Haunted Mansion
• Magic, Memories & You
• Wishes

Don't forget to consider the Tea Cups. He might love it if you don't spin. Also, don't forget the carousel in FL.Also Aladdin's magic carpet ride and Tiki room.

Day 4, Saturday 5/5 (my 32nd birthday!):
Happy Early B'day!!

Must-dos:
• The Seas with Nemo & Friends
• Journey Into Imagination with Figment
• Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
• Flower & Garden exhibits, especially the playground

Maybe-dos:
• Turtle Talk with Crush
• Soarin’
• Living with the Land
• Spaceship Earth
• Innoventions
I'd try Turtle Talk if you have time and Living with the Land.You are going to have such a great time!!! Enjoy yourself tomorrow. Lucky girl!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #149
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Have a safe and magical trip!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #150
amazingact21
Upendi

You're leaving tomorrow! You're leaving tomorrow!!!!

That's so exciting! I hope departure day goes smoothly, and that you all have an awesome trip! Make lots of memories with your DS and DH!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: