DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando

How comfortable are the sleeper sofas in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village?

We are currently planning a trip to AKV in the spring and I was wondering if the sleeper sofa was ok to sleep on.

Is it comfortable?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
TinkandGoofy'sMom
DIS Veteran

We spent a week in a 1 bedroom at Kidani in October. My 11 year old daughter slept on the pull-out chair, and the 10 year old slept on the pull-out couch. Both were very comfortable! No worries!

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
soxyes
Mouseketeer

I'm a convert. I never liked the idea of sofa sleepers, but comments on the Dis gave me the courage to try them. My DD and I have shared them at Kidani, Boardwalk, and SSR and have never had an issue. There aren't any bars poking you or anything. The only annoyance is having to set it up - especially if you get home late the first night. We try to adjust our schedules to allow for a bit of setup time before crashing.
soxyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
tkillini99
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've had my daughters on them on a few trips and my sister and her friend on another trip and they have all slept well! I took a short nap on one once and it is MUCH better than most sleeper sofas.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Disneypapa
OKW owner since 2002

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Mattress to thin for my 62 year old body.

probably ok for younger folks, but not for me.
Disneypapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Billmel
DIS Veteran

We will be bringing our 8 year old grand daughter to Disney with us on our next trip, she doesn't like to sleep away from us in a strange place. Can the chair sleeper be moved into the master bedroom, or the mattress be removed? Dont know if we will have room for a blow up mattress, and we are trying to cover all the bases. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmel View Post
Can the chair sleeper be moved into the master bedroom, or the mattress be removed?
It is big and very heavy. My DH tried to move it just a few inches to make it easier to close the curtains in our room and he found it difficult. It would take two strong people to lift it and maneuver it through the doorway into the master bedroom.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Billmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
It is big and very heavy. My DH tried to move it just a few inches to make it easier to close the curtains in our room and he found it difficult. It would take two strong people to lift it and maneuver it through the doorway into the master bedroom.
Thanks...do you know if the cushions are removable, or the mattress?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
wdwdano@yahoo.com
Theme Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmel View Post
Thanks...do you know if the cushions are removable, or the mattress?
Another thing I was thinking about was bringing a mattress pad like an egg crate or other foam based pad.

Anyone ever try or do this?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

I found the sleeper sofas at Kidani more comfortable than the ones at Saratoga. We had some trouble setting ours up but I think I saw another thread around here recently where someone said they were replacing a bunch of the Kidani sleeper sofas so maybe that will fix that issue.
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 2 Bd at Kidani in November. Our 11 year old son slept on the sleeper chair and loved it. Our only reason was we left it open the whole time. We didn't want to do that with the couch because it would take up too much room. Our 16 year old daughter slept on the sleeper sofa at Beach club the year before and was very comfortable too. No problems with any of the sleepers so far at any dvc resort we have stayed at.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
ccsuwxman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwdano@yahoo.com View Post
We are currently planning a trip to AKV in the spring and I was wondering if the sleeper sofa was ok to sleep on.

Is it comfortable?
Stayed at Kidani Village in July. My wife and I slept on the sleeper as our pregnant daughter and her husband stayed in the MBR. I expected the worst (as my experience on sleeper sofas was always dreadful). Was I ever surprised! This was the most comfortable sleeper sofa I had ever slept on. No bars or uncomfortable hard spots, and the mattress was very supportive and just the right firmness. Slept on it for a week with no problems.
ccsuwxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

My 20 year old DS slept on the sleeper chair in a THV this past June. She had no complaints and said it was really comfortable, but the fact that she had her own bed instead of sharing a sleeper sofa with her sister may have played into that I slept on the sleeper sofa at BWV, very comfortable, no complaints.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: