Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #121
piglet50
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nc
Posts: 818

What a wonderful birthday! You two are so special. It's really fun to read your trip reports. How neat to get to sit out on the balcony like that. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
piglet50 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #122
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!
 
DisneyGuy758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Waaaaay Upstate NY
Posts: 390

Jimeny Christmas. You're gonna make ME cry. That was probably the best trip report entry I've ever read. Everything was perfect. Even the snobby family...who got theirs in the end.

On a side note, I've gone back and read every one of your TRs and they just keep getting better and better. I was delighted to find this new one yesterday at work, and said 'well doesn't look like I'm getting much done for the next hour or so' and tore through every chapter right then.
__________________
I don't care what you believe in....just believe.

Me DW DS 14 DS DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
DisneyGuy758 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #123
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I absolutely love this picture of you two! I know you don't like pictures of yourself but this one shows how happy you were that night.

What an AMAZING night! Every time I thought the surprises were over, there were more! The outside table, the butler who cut Bill's food, the gift from Bill, the desserts, the water pagent and then the fireworks! AMAZING!

Bill is the man!
DisMomAmy is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #124
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: philadelphia, pa
Posts: 3,164

What an amazing way to celebrate your birthday. I stayed at the Grand Floridian 10 years ago with my aubnt to celebrate her birthday. We were in a room with a similar view. I never wanted to leave.

The gift on the table was awesome. I collect Jim Shore Disney figurines. Mostly Grumpy right now but I am working towards others. my mom, who doesn't get Disney but she gets me, started my collection for my birthday.

The dinner was the best though. Not the fireworks which were beautiful, but that you had such an amazing CM waiting on you. How wonderful that for one night you got to be just a girlfriend. I know that you love taking care of Bill but every now and then it is nice to have someone else do it so that you can enjoy just being a couple. I hope you understand what I'm saying because I think you and Bill make an awesome and very nice looking couple.
tazdev3225 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #125
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran
 
Lesprivate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 701

What an amazing, spectacular Birthday/Anniversary celebration.
__________________
DVC Owners - Saratoga Springs since 2006
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Lesprivate is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #126
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,185

Wow!
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #127
katiebelle21
DIS Veteran
 
katiebelle21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 714

What an absolutely magical and wonderful evening Tracy! Bill is so thoughtful; he thought of everything, even the figurine on the table as an extra surprise.
katiebelle21 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #128
Debbie24020
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beverley, East Yorkshire
Posts: 16

Oh wow, this is brilliant, never read a trip report on here before. I've been wondering whether or not to book Dine with an Imagineer and now I think we may just do it. Right, i'm off to keep reading.
Debbie24020 is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #129
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Oh my Gosh!!! What an amazing birthday dinner!!! I do hate when people look down their noses at you... part of the reason I live WDW! We only had 1 person look down on us, and it was too in the GF. I am so glad that they got to see Jack take you off to your private dinner!!!

It was great that it was warm enough to eat outside. That had to have made the whole experience better... And all the help with cutting food! That Jack would be a keeper! But than again I think Bill is the real keeper here!
Jack was fantastic!! It was a wonderful experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaHoosier View Post
WOW!!! What an amazing birthday! Bill is a gem!!! I got teary eyed when I read about yout dinner!!!! A truly magical experience!!!!!
Hi!! Bill is an amazing man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I'm sitting here with tears. lol.

I was crying when I was typing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Wow! What an amazing night! I didn't know you could do something like at the GF. Do you have to be staying there?
You don't have to be staying at the GF to do the private dinner, Bill just wanted my birthday to be special .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Well you made me cry. That is just so awesome! Truly the perfect Disney dinner. You really are quite lucky to have such a thoughtful man.
It truly was perfect, there was a full moon, we could hear the music from the Tangled movie, the butler was there when we needed him but gone so we had time alone, the fireworks were amazing, and for a December night the weather was amazing. I am very blessed to have Bill in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Oh, WOW!!! What a wonderful birthday!!!! Room upgrade, wonderful dinner experience, and such a great time to spend together.
It was so great to feel like we were almost alone in WDW, usually there are people everywhere, it was a great experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
What an amazing night plus an amazing upgrade of your room! I also really like the picture of you and Bill at dinner. You are truly one lucky lady! Can't wait to read more.
The room view was amazing to me, I loved hearing the train whistle. I am so very lucky .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Oh, Tracy, like everyone else, I am sitting here just bawling at your wonderful surprise dinner. Bill is such a sweetheart to have planned it for you, and it makes me so happy that you got to enjoy every minute of it thanks to Jack. A belated happy happy happy anniversary to you both!
Hi Carrie!! I was crying at the dinner as soon as we sat down. I now know how Patrick feels when you plan stuff for him. Patrick is very lucky to have you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What an unbelievable night!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an amazing man, you are both incredibly blessed.
He is the sweetest man ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
Wow!! Talk about making magical memories! What an awesome birthday surprise. Just over the top. The view from your room, the butler, and fireworks from the balconey. You must have felt like a disney princess! So glad you had such a wonderful birhday. Can't wait to read more about you trip. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Bill loves to create memories, he is just a thoughtful guy and I am so happy to be with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Wow! That dinner experience looks amazing!
It was so fantastic we are doing it again in May.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #130
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet50 View Post
What a wonderful birthday! You two are so special. It's really fun to read your trip reports. How neat to get to sit out on the balcony like that. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Thanks for reading and posting .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Jimeny Christmas. You're gonna make ME cry. That was probably the best trip report entry I've ever read. Everything was perfect. Even the snobby family...who got theirs in the end.

On a side note, I've gone back and read every one of your TRs and they just keep getting better and better. I was delighted to find this new one yesterday at work, and said 'well doesn't look like I'm getting much done for the next hour or so' and tore through every chapter right then.
Thanks so much for reading our reports. I never know when I write these if anyone will read them or be bored to death .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I absolutely love this picture of you two! I know you don't like pictures of yourself but this one shows how happy you were that night.

What an AMAZING night! Every time I thought the surprises were over, there were more! The outside table, the butler who cut Bill's food, the gift from Bill, the desserts, the water pagent and then the fireworks! AMAZING!

Bill is the man!
Bill wants more pictures of me, since I don't hardly have any pictures of my Mom I understand so I promised to do photopass with him in May. Bill is amazing, I don't know what else to say about him, he is very giving and wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
What an amazing way to celebrate your birthday. I stayed at the Grand Floridian 10 years ago with my aubnt to celebrate her birthday. We were in a room with a similar view. I never wanted to leave.

The gift on the table was awesome. I collect Jim Shore Disney figurines. Mostly Grumpy right now but I am working towards others. my mom, who doesn't get Disney but she gets me, started my collection for my birthday.

The dinner was the best though. Not the fireworks which were beautiful, but that you had such an amazing CM waiting on you. How wonderful that for one night you got to be just a girlfriend. I know that you love taking care of Bill but every now and then it is nice to have someone else do it so that you can enjoy just being a couple. I hope you understand what I'm saying because I think you and Bill make an awesome and very nice looking couple.
I love my Jim Shore figurine, it was such a surprise. Jack, the butler LOVED his job, LOVED Disney, and was just wonderful to talk to. I loved just being a couple that night, I get what you meant .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
What an amazing, spectacular Birthday/Anniversary celebration.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Wow!
Thanks what I was thinking .

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebelle21 View Post
What an absolutely magical and wonderful evening Tracy! Bill is so thoughtful; he thought of everything, even the figurine on the table as an extra surprise.
It was a great surprise, I keep telling him I don't deserve all this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24020 View Post
Oh wow, this is brilliant, never read a trip report on here before. I've been wondering whether or not to book Dine with an Imagineer and now I think we may just do it. Right, i'm off to keep reading.
We really enjoyed Dine with an Imagineer and will be doing it again in May, it was a great experience.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #131
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran
 
PittypatBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 745

Oh, my! It was beyond FABULOUS! What a cute picture of you both - the happiness is just radiating from y'all. That is a night to remember for the rest of your life. Bill did great - good choices in everything!
__________________

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
PittypatBR is offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #133
ericamcl
DIS Veteran
 
ericamcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD (944 miles from the World)
Posts: 838

What an amazing night at GF!
Your update gave me chills - you and Bill deserve all of the happiness in the world!!
__________________
DHMe Luna Luca
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
ericamcl is offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #134
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran
 
oregonmommyof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,119

Amazing updates!! I am in love with the pic of you two together, and I am so printing it for my wall...

So glad you enjoyed your birthday!!

oregonmommyof2 is offline  
Old 02-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #135
Belle83
DIS Veteran
 
Belle83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,182

I am soo jealous! What an amazing birthday.
__________________
Disneyland: 1991, 1995, 1999, 2003, 2013
Disney Cruise: 2000 (Magic), 2014 (Dream)
WDW: 1998 Caribbean Beach, 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2004 Caribbean Beach, 2011 Dolphin, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 Coronado Springs, 2014 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Belle83 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.