Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #91
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love your pin purchases. I actually bought my very first pin of my own in August...and now I want more. I don't want to trade, but I just kind of like having a few. I might have to look for one from each resort we have stayed at now. LOL
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #92
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
I really like The Ellie Badge pin
I love that pin, Up is one of my very favorite movies. I love how Pixar can say so much without a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Bittersweet - moving from BW to Pop. I'm with you - we've stayed at Pop many many times and so it's very comfortable. I love the food court; the bus service is usually very good - but after a deluxe it's just ... a little letdown. I really can't believe how many unpleasant CM's you encountered there - usually everyone there is full of pixie dust!

I also love the Up pin. I really regret not picking one up the last time we were there. Hopefully they'll still have them when we go back.
We love the food court too and the bus service. The CM's just were not in a good mood that day, but I got what we needed, well the only thing they had close to what we needed. We will be bringing a travel shower chair with us from now on. I would think that pin would still be there, it seemed to be popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I totally know what you mean about directions to your room!
Nova and me were in the 80's. the directions were to go all the way thru the main building and take the winding pathways all the way around.

All we did was go out the front by the bus stops and cut thru the 90's parking lot area. So much quicker and less confusing.
We had the same thing happen to us when we were in the 80's section, we made our own way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Awww.... What a sweet thing to do for your friends' children! How strange that the CMs at Pop can't get it straight about the shower chair, especially since you have had them before. Love the new pins, by the way.
Bill and I adore those kids and would do anything for them. I really believe the CM's are not trained that well when it comes to mobility issues. They have a little knowledge but not nearly enough. They need to give Bill a job to train them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Yay being at POP. Makes me really want to go now instead of waiting until August. Pffft, we should give the CM's directions

Love the pins.

And the Christmas Store - Jim always says to me if Disney bought the rights to Christmas we'd be bankrupt. Have no idea what he means
We do love Pop, I think you will have a great time there. The other day Bill and I were having a very bad day and I said, "why don't we just move the trip up to tomorrow?" He said "if you were serious I would do it in a minute". That Christmas store is dangerous, we could go crazy in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Whew, I am all caught up after being sick for a while.
The storytellers in Epcot sound awesome, and you are making me want to plan a Christmas trip!
Cape May is definitely on my "to try" list. I think we might try that instead of the traditional Chef Mickey's brunch next time.
I would have freaked out if I woke up only to realize that it hadn't charged! Thankfully it wasn't a technical problem and that it did charge that morning.
Moving to Pop! must have been kind of sad, but at least you were saving money to use for the d23 event!
Downtown Disney is so fun, and that was so sweet of you guys to get the Tink outfit for her!
We loved Cape May breakfast, we have it booked for May. I am happy we could do the D23 event and it takes up so much time we are rarely in the room so why not Pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I love your pin loot - especially the Walt Disney pin. Too bad the front desk and housekeeping can't get it right on the first try.
I love pins that feature Walt, I seek them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear Josh & Abbey broke up! That must be so hard for all of you.

We are doing the same thing with our split stay coming up in April... We are starting at BC, then moving offsite. Yes, we'll have more room, but we'll miss SAB & the awesome location! We had already reserved our timeshare condo, expecting to visit DBIL first, then we decided not to & booked Hard Rock at Universal to fill those three nights... then we changed to BC!! I'm so excited to finally stay there, but yes, it will be tough to leave!

Love all the pins! And I hope we'll get to see a picture of that Disney Christmas tree!!
I am still so sad about Josh and Abbey but they both need to grow up. I can't wait to read your report about your stay at BC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love your pin purchases. I actually bought my very first pin of my own in August...and now I want more. I don't want to trade, but I just kind of like having a few. I might have to look for one from each resort we have stayed at now. LOL
We don't trade anymore, we just buy .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #93
mrsksomeday

To MVMCP or to not MVMCP??

We were finally going to Magic Kingdom, we were both happy about this. There is nothing like walking “right down the middle of Main Street USA”. We decided to go in the afternoon since we were going to buy MVMCP tickets and stay for the party that night.

My heart always beats a little faster when I see the Castle. It just brings back so many fantastic memories for me with Bill, with Josh, Hannah and Christian, with Kathy and her family, and with Toni and Terry. It is my favorite thing in all of WDW.

We did a little shopping killing time before our late lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table. This would be our first time. After checking in we got in line and Bill got his picture taken with Cindy. It comes in a pretty folder:

Here is Bill and Cindy (after he saw this picture he was upset he had wanted to get his hair cut before we left on the trip and we never got around to it, he does NOT like this picture):

They wanted to sit us at a two topper with me across from him. I asked if I would be in the way if I moved my chair so I was next to him, they then asked if we would prefer a 4 topper and I said YES and thank you. It is so much easier.

I am crazy for Disney lighting fixtures, I have no idea why but I am, so here are some pictures of the fixtures and other things I noticed during our time in the Castle:

Bill seemed to be happy at the bigger table, but I took this picture to show part of the CM’s outfits:

We got the cheese platter for an appetizer:

This is Bill’s dinner, for the life of me I can’t remember what I had:

It was time for the Princesses and of course Bill got his pictures taken with them:

First up Snow White:

Best Ariel ever, in character, funny, and very talkative:

Sleeping Beauty:

Finally Belle:

After a good dinner we went to see Mickey’s Philharmagic. When we got out the weather had turned, it was cold, windy and misting rain. I knew Bill wanted to do MVMCP, at this point my cold had started getting worse but I wasn’t telling him about it. I wanted him to have a good trip. I had walked past this several times but never taken a picture:

Oops, I had forgotten the flash, is this better:

We turned the corner going toward Liberty Square from the Castle and I realized the lighting ceremony was going on. I had forgotten all about it, that proved to me this stupid cold was messing with me. The ceremony is one of my very favorite things, I am always right in front of the Castle at the hub for it if we are in MK. I was almost in tears, the wind was picking up and Bill said he didn’t want to stay it was getting cold. I was thanking God and told him I thought that would be a good idea. We made our way through the Emporium it was warmer that way, then Bill asked me to put his hat on:

I absolutely LOVE this picture, he loves this hat and it is very warm. I love that we can act like kids all we want in WDW. We made our way to the bus, there weren’t many people in line at all. I sat by Bill and a great family from New Jersey sat across from us, their little boy was so cute. I saw something that just had me cracking up and Bill was laughing too:

It looked like they had folded up the stroller with their toddler still in there. The Dad looked in the stroller and started laughing too. He said thank goodness I didn’t really do that.

We got back to the room and I was miserable, I couldn’t breathe at all. We decided to go to bed and watch tv and relax. I helped Bill into bed, spent 20 minutes getting the charger to work on his chair and took some Nyquil.

We woke up the next day and I was still feeling awful, Bill declared this a rest/DTD day. He wanted me better before my birthday the next day. He had major plans for it and I had to be well. We stayed in the room until about 1:30pm and checked on Lady’s progress before we left:

We just wandered around DTD that day going into shops we don’t normally go to. Then we hopped a bus to the Polynesian Resort. Bill was going to get his Ohana dinner. He was really looking forward to this. I was looking forward to the booze hoping it might make me feel better. Did I take pictures? Not really… well I took two. One of Bill:

The other picture? Our empty drink glasses, the smaller two were mine, I had two Long Island Ice Teas and Bill had his Bahama Mama, Disney was driving so why not?

It was a good dinner, I was feeling FINE by the time we left LOL and we had a surprise when we got back to our room, Lady was mostly finished. Look how pretty she looked:

Next installment… Tracy’s Birthday extravaganza!!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #95
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

Bill and Cinderella: Looks more like Justin Bieber and Cinderella!

Something just looks off about that Cinderella and that Snow White.

Bill's meal looks yummy. Was that the Major Domo's Pie?

20 mins on getting the charger to work? More panic for you on top of not feeling good.

A day of rest was wise.

Yea for Ohana!!! I couldn't move after that place. I hope you were feeling much better by that time.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #96
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
[They wanted to sit us at a two topper with me across from him. I asked if I would be in the way if I moved my chair so I was next to him, they then asked if we would prefer a 4 topper and I said YES and thank you. It is so much easier. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Just love when they accomadate these little requests that make the trip so much more enjoyable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We woke up the next day and I was still feeling awful, Bill declared this a rest/DTD day. He wanted me better before my birthday the next day. He had major plans for it and I had to be well. We stayed in the room until about 1:30pm and checked on Lady’s progress before we left:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I hope the rest helps!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #97
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

I hate not feeling well at Disney, too bad about it being so cold, it is so hard to have a good time when you are freezing. I love Ohana's, sadly my family is not a big fan with the exception of my soon to be son-in-law he loves it and will make my daughter take him there .

Hopefully you are feeling better and can enjoy the rest of your trip.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #98
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

How did I miss the last update?????

I smile every time I think of our visit at Pop with you and Bill. The kids still talk about playing with Bill's chair. I know you have made an impression on them too.

You also neglected to mention that you are now Brenda's hero! The outfit did save the day from a bad mommy moment. She still holds out faith, because of the Tinkerbell outfit from you and Bill, that we will get to go back to Disney.... and she is starting to drag Jon along with her. He thinks we are going back in June 2013. It won't be Christmas but I might get to enjoy my birthday there! In any case, Dana (Brenda's doll) wears her tink outfit AT LEAST 3 times a week. Brenda even made sure that Dana slept in the Tink outfit the other night for the tooth fairy's first visit. Brenda wanted the Tooth fairy to feel comfortable and know that she had a fairy friend at our house! It melted my heart! I can't thank you and Bill enough!

We LOVED CRT!!! I think if I were you would be keeping an eye on Bill with those princesses though!

We really want to try Ohana for Dinner. We did breakfast there when we were on our trip and it was MY FAVORITE breakfast. I am betting dinner is over the top yummy too!

I was hoping it would be nice and warm the whole trip since it got downright bitter last December. Hoping this is a small bump and not an arctic blast!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #99
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I missed your last update. The pins were great. I am going to buy some for my trip in August with the grandkids. It will be their first trip and I have to get them started on pin trading. I was sorry to read about Josh and his girlfriend. I remember your TR with her kids and know how much you love them.

That was lousy with the CM's attitudes towards the shower chair.

I loved the pic of Bill with Cinderella - very handsome guy.

The pic with the fountain looks better without the flash. It looks good with it but without just seems to have more character. I have Ohana planned for breakfast in August. I have to pay OOP so I am going a little cheaper where I can. That and the kids will like the characters. Glad you felt a little better after eating there.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #100
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Bills dinner was pork 3 ways and I did not like it on my last trip... did Bill like it?

Good idea to skip the party, you wouldn't have had fun and it would have been a waste of money

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #101
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm just so sad that you were not feeling well at Disney. I really hope the day of rest got you feeling better.

And you two really do enjoy some awesome meals while there!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #102
Rozz
DIS Veteran

I just read your update where you had to transfer to POP Century. The whole posting was so good! I had to laugh about the clueless cast member at POP, the shower chair debacle, the room directions from someone who's apparently never walked the resort grounds, the fear of putting the refrigerator in the cabinet opening. You know just how to put the situation in words! I hope they finally slapped some paint on the room door and got Lady prettied up. I love the pins you bought! I lose control when pin buying!

Now to go back and read your latest update!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #103
okw19
DIS Veteran

Oh I am so sorry to read you weren't feeling well that night. You have such a good heart to try and stick it out for Bill's sake. I would've been thankful too when he suggested leaving. I love his hat! Beaker is my favorite.

Dinner at CRT looks good. Sounds like you really enjoyed O'Hana.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #104
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hope you got to feeling better
Thanks, you will have to keep reading to find out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
Bill and Cinderella: Looks more like Justin Bieber and Cinderella!

Something just looks off about that Cinderella and that Snow White.

Bill's meal looks yummy. Was that the Major Domo's Pie?

20 mins on getting the charger to work? More panic for you on top of not feeling good.

A day of rest was wise.

Yea for Ohana!!! I couldn't move after that place. I hope you were feeling much better by that time.
Snow White was NOT very friendly, she seemed in a hurry too. I have been informed Bill's dinner was Pork 3 ways . I will let you know I had to mess with the charger every night for the rest of the trip at least 15 minutes a night to get it working .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Just love when they accomadate these little requests that make the trip so much more enjoyable!

I hope the rest helps!
It is so much easier if I am sitting next to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I hate not feeling well at Disney, too bad about it being so cold, it is so hard to have a good time when you are freezing. I love Ohana's, sadly my family is not a big fan with the exception of my soon to be son-in-law he loves it and will make my daughter take him there .

Hopefully you are feeling better and can enjoy the rest of your trip.
We LOVE Ohana. Your family needs to get on the Ohana train LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
How did I miss the last update?????

I smile every time I think of our visit at Pop with you and Bill. The kids still talk about playing with Bill's chair. I know you have made an impression on them too.

You also neglected to mention that you are now Brenda's hero! The outfit did save the day from a bad mommy moment. She still holds out faith, because of the Tinkerbell outfit from you and Bill, that we will get to go back to Disney.... and she is starting to drag Jon along with her. He thinks we are going back in June 2013. It won't be Christmas but I might get to enjoy my birthday there! In any case, Dana (Brenda's doll) wears her tink outfit AT LEAST 3 times a week. Brenda even made sure that Dana slept in the Tink outfit the other night for the tooth fairy's first visit. Brenda wanted the Tooth fairy to feel comfortable and know that she had a fairy friend at our house! It melted my heart! I can't thank you and Bill enough!

We LOVED CRT!!! I think if I were you would be keeping an eye on Bill with those princesses though!

We really want to try Ohana for Dinner. We did breakfast there when we were on our trip and it was MY FAVORITE breakfast. I am betting dinner is over the top yummy too!

I was hoping it would be nice and warm the whole trip since it got downright bitter last December. Hoping this is a small bump and not an arctic blast!
I am so happy Brenda likes her Tink outfit!! You have to believe Tammy, it will happen someday, you will get back to WDW .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I missed your last update. The pins were great. I am going to buy some for my trip in August with the grandkids. It will be their first trip and I have to get them started on pin trading. I was sorry to read about Josh and his girlfriend. I remember your TR with her kids and know how much you love them.

That was lousy with the CM's attitudes towards the shower chair.

I loved the pic of Bill with Cinderella - very handsome guy.

The pic with the fountain looks better without the flash. It looks good with it but without just seems to have more character. I have Ohana planned for breakfast in August. I have to pay OOP so I am going a little cheaper where I can. That and the kids will like the characters. Glad you felt a little better after eating there.
Bill blushed when I told him what you said. I like the one without the flash better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Bills dinner was pork 3 ways and I did not like it on my last trip... did Bill like it?

Good idea to skip the party, you wouldn't have had fun and it would have been a waste of money
Thanks I couldn't remember what it was and Bill can't remember if he liked it or not .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
I'm just so sad that you were not feeling well at Disney. I really hope the day of rest got you feeling better.

And you two really do enjoy some awesome meals while there!
Bill is all about the food .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
I just read your update where you had to transfer to POP Century. The whole posting was so good! I had to laugh about the clueless cast member at POP, the shower chair debacle, the room directions from someone who's apparently never walked the resort grounds, the fear of putting the refrigerator in the cabinet opening. You know just how to put the situation in words! I hope they finally slapped some paint on the room door and got Lady prettied up. I love the pins you bought! I lose control when pin buying!

Now to go back and read your latest update!
Lady did get prettied up, I liked seeing the transformation. We lose control when pin buying .

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Oh I am so sorry to read you weren't feeling well that night. You have such a good heart to try and stick it out for Bill's sake. I would've been thankful too when he suggested leaving. I love his hat! Beaker is my favorite.

Dinner at CRT looks good. Sounds like you really enjoyed O'Hana.
I absolutely love that Beaker hat, it is very warm so it was so helpful for him. I always enjoy Ohana and the drinks .
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #105
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

LOVE the castle meal pics! I really have to get back there once Lily is old enough! And i LOVEEEEE Bills hat!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: