Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #61
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

It all looks so beautiful during Christmas time!
Wow, bad service at the Yachtsman.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #62
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love Cape May breakfast. Glad you had a great time! Too bad about yachtsman steakhouse.
Glad you got to spend some time with your friend.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #63
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up again. I love Cape May breakfast (haven't been in about four years....need to get it back on the list). LOVE the characters with Bill.

What a nice day at Epcot and such beautiful pictures (the sky is always bluer at Disney World).

Sorry for the not so great service at Yachtsman. We've never done a signature and that one and Cali Grill are the only two we've even thought about, but we just never get there.

RIP Genie
Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #64
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I love your TR's. I haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast show since the
90's. I have been going with my DGS and that would be a fate worse than death. I will finally get to see it again this August with my DGD's. We are sending the boys to RockNRoller coaster.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #65
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I can't believe I didn't know you started a TR

I may have to try dining with an imagineer it looked really cool. I think after my Oct trip this year I will be planning another Christmas Time trip cause nothing beats Disney Decorations!!!
The Imagineer experience was great. You are so right about nothing beating Disney decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Following along
Thanks for following along .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
We were going to eat at Cape May while we were there but we changed it up and chose somewhere else. Now, I wish we would have stayed with that plan.

I am with you. Beauty and the Beast is my FAVORITE!!!! I would have been in 7th Heaven just to see it again! It is too bad that things didn't work out for to see them.

Great installment!!!
We really enjoyed Cape May all the CM's were fantastic there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
I didn't know you started your trip report, but I am all caught up.
Hello!! thanks for being here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
The Beach Club is also on my list of resprts I'd love to stay at...great pictures! So sorry it didn't work out for you guys to see the cast of Beauty & the Beast. That would have been really cool. It sounded really neat to get the inside perspective of GMR. Can't wait to hear more.
The Beach Club looks really pretty. We were happy to spend time with "N", the B&TB meet would have been a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun dhs/yc/bc day! Breakfast and your time at DHS sound just perfect, what a great time with N and how fun about the movie ride. I've never seen a holiday streetmosphere, I didn't realize there were special ones. I would LOVE that!

Bummer about Yachtsman. Was the food good at least?
The holiday streetmosphere skit is so cute, we just love it. I liked the cheese appetizer, we thought the steaks were good, Bill did not like the mac and cheese but I don't remember why and we didn't order dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
I am all caught up...

And all I can remember is funnel cake...

Kidding.. Kinda...

Get pics and seems like a great time.

Sorry the meet and greet didn't work out, hopefully Bill wasn't too upset I thought you should let him keep the surprise a surprise. I just didn't want to burst his bubble... Maybe next time!!

Hope you are feeling better! I miss you and can't wait to chat again! I have been a busy girl the last few days and have so much to tell ya!
You are not kidding, you funnel cake freak!!!

Bill wasn't upset at all. I am finally feeling better, you know about the other issue that is heavy on my heart right now. Thank you for being such a great friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
It all looks so beautiful during Christmas time!
Wow, bad service at the Yachtsman.

Love Christmas at Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love Cape May breakfast. Glad you had a great time! Too bad about yachtsman steakhouse.
Glad you got to spend some time with your friend.
I am becoming a big fan of meeting friends at WDW. Such great surrounds to relax and chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm caught up again. I love Cape May breakfast (haven't been in about four years....need to get it back on the list). LOVE the characters with Bill.

What a nice day at Epcot and such beautiful pictures (the sky is always bluer at Disney World).

Sorry for the not so great service at Yachtsman. We've never done a signature and that one and Cali Grill are the only two we've even thought about, but we just never get there.
The characters were fantastic with both of us, we loved them. I know what you mean about the sky there, I can't get enough of it there, so blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I love your TR's. I haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast show since the
90's. I have been going with my DGS and that would be a fate worse than death. I will finally get to see it again this August with my DGD's. We are sending the boys to RockNRoller coaster.
Hi!! Oh I hope you get to see B&TB we just can't get enough of it. I am a sap and tear up.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #66
mrsksomeday

Epcot we have a problem

Sometimes we have issues that other families don’t have while being in Disney World. Today was one of those days. We woke up, I helped Bill get dressed, got him in his wheelchair, he turned it on and WHAT!?? The joystick indicator showed the batteries had NOT charged overnight, even though it was plugged into the charger all night. I was in a tizzy, what were we going to do? We have never had this issue before. I messed with the connecter for 20 minutes and it showed it was charging. We were stuck, we couldn’t go anywhere until the wheelchair charged up.

We were on the deluxe dining plan and had a ton of credits so we just ordered room service for lunch and watched tv.

After what seemed like forever we left the room, I had to take a picture of the carpet in the hallway:

Here is a picture from MSN Bing maps showing our room location and how close to the boat dock we were. Loved the room location, yes I loved it, have I told you I loved it because if I didn’t tell you I will tell you now, I LOVED IT!!:

We looked through the shops on the Boardwalk:

We ended up eating dinner at ESPN Club, Bill had wanted to do this forever and we always ended up dropping the idea for one reason or another. Here is the view from the line we were waiting in because it was a Monday night and people were wanting to watch the football game:

Doesn’t Bill look happy:

We had a great dinner, the server was fantastic, and the environment was so fun. They had some guys doing sports trivia before the game started. Bill and I knew almost every answer. We decided we needed to go back to the room so I could pack us up, we were headed to Pop Century tomorrow.

Next installment… Split stay Pop here we come
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #67
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Just saying "hi" and I'm enjoying reading about your adventures!!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #68
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh wow, how incredibly frustrating!

ESPN seems to be very popular with lots of folks but I've never heard anyone actually comment on the food or service so that's nice to hear.

POP after BWV... seems like reverse might have been easier but I know you guys adore POP so I hope it goes well!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #69
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

I could only imagine the things going thru your minds. Wondering if something was wrong with the battery or the charger. Maybe the outlet?

Sounds like you made the best of it though. A forced rest!

I like the food at ESPN, yum!

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #70
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Aww that stinks, but glad you finally got out to enjoy the boardwalk and ESPN.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Old 02-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #71
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

That sucks. Did you ever figure out why it didn't charge?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #72
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures of the Boardwalk. So enjoying your report.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #73
piglet50
DIS Veteran

sorry about your delayed start to the day but it seemed to end up fine in the end. thanks again for sharing with us. that pic of bill was a good one.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #74
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Just saying "hi" and I'm enjoying reading about your adventures!!
Hello, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh wow, how incredibly frustrating!

ESPN seems to be very popular with lots of folks but I've never heard anyone actually comment on the food or service so that's nice to hear.

POP after BWV... seems like reverse might have been easier but I know you guys adore POP so I hope it goes well!
It was frustrating. Pop after BWV will be explained shortly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
I could only imagine the things going thru your minds. Wondering if something was wrong with the battery or the charger. Maybe the outlet?

Sounds like you made the best of it though. A forced rest!

I like the food at ESPN, yum!
I was a mess for a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Aww that stinks, but glad you finally got out to enjoy the boardwalk and ESPN.
We had a good time that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
That sucks. Did you ever figure out why it didn't charge?
It was the older wheelchair we think the joystick charging outlet is going bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
Beautiful pictures of the Boardwalk. So enjoying your report.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet50 View Post
sorry about your delayed start to the day but it seemed to end up fine in the end. thanks again for sharing with us. that pic of bill was a good one.
Thanks for following along with the report.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: