Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #31
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great update, I think Terry and I would really enjoy Dine with an Imagineer...

I've only seen the gangster side of Great Movie Ride too...

I'm glad you are liking Boardwalk, it's one I am dying to try someday!!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #32
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

What a great location! You are really selling me on the BWV! How far in advance did you rent points?

How cool that the Brown Derby has an opening ceremony and family of the day. The dining with an Imagineer sounds really neat. I am going to have to check that out, too.

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What an exciting day. 2 great meals. I really want to do Prime Time, we had an ADR for my last trip, but it didn't work out and we ended up not going.
We love Prime Time, it is a must do for us. We just really enjoy the atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Lunch with an imagineer - what an awesome experience! That really sounds like something I'd love to do with DH sometime. But I don't understand how they mess your name up like that - to me adding an "e" is much more uncommon!

I love taking the boats from DHS to Boardwalk or Epcot. So relaxing! Driving those boats would be a great job.
I think most people think the "e" is standard for some reason. Using the boats is wonderful for us. It is so much easier than the busses. They can only take 2 mobility devices at once, so we did have to wait twice for another boat, but the wait was very short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
Great update, I think Terry and I would really enjoy Dine with an Imagineer...

I've only seen the gangster side of Great Movie Ride too...

I'm glad you are liking Boardwalk, it's one I am dying to try someday!!
I think you guys would love it. For the longest time I thought there was only one side to the GMR . The Boardwalk is the BOMB!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
What a great location! You are really selling me on the BWV! How far in advance did you rent points?

How cool that the Brown Derby has an opening ceremony and family of the day. The dining with an Imagineer sounds really neat. I am going to have to check that out, too.
For the December time period we went in booked 7 months out, for the trip we have in May we booked 9 months out. We can't wait to do Dine with an Imagineer again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
What a fun lunch!! And so cool that you had a DISmeet!

I'm glad you were feeling better & enjoyed the day. Illuminations from the Boardwalk area is amazing!
I loved meeting Angela, she was a fantastic person!! Every DISer I have ever met has been amazing. I love the Boardwalk .
Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
okw19
DIS Veteran

What an awesome lunch! I would love to do that one day. Sounds like you had a great room location too!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
What an awesome lunch! I would love to do that one day. Sounds like you had a great room location too!
The room location was amazing and the dining experience was fantastic. We had so much fun.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #37
mrsksomeday

Storytelling around the World

I was so happy, we were going to Epcot today. We decided to check out the Boardwalk a bit first. I saw this and immediately thought of Toni, aka oregonmommyof2:

She is a funnel cake freak, in a good way.

We grabbed lunch on the Boardwalk, then took a boat to Epcot. We didn’t walk, one to conserve the wheelchair battery and two my right leg was still not 100%. After we made it to Epcot about 5 minutes later (how I loved this ) I got a times guide, we were looking for Holiday Storytellers, especially ones we missed the previous year.

We had perfect timing for Pere Noel (Father Christmas). I always try to take pictures of the scrolls that tell you about the storyteller:

We just love seeing the storytellers, if you are ever in WDW during the Christmas season, please go see them, they are wonderful. Next up
Japan and the Daruma (doll) seller:

As you can see, not many people in the park that day:

She was very animated:

Can you believe in all the times we have been to Epcot we never looked at the Koi pond?

It was time to start walking to the Italy Pavilion for our dinner reservation, but there was time to see La Befana the storyteller beforehand. This is our favorite pavilion and we could spend a ton of time here.

The Ziti Sisters were finishing up as we got there, I have to make sure we see the whole skit the next time we are there, it was really funny.

La Befana was one of the storytellers we had seen last year but I am so happy we saw her again, such a great story.

We checked in at Tutto Italia and were seated very quickly. The meal and the service were amazing as usual. I headed to the ladies room after dinner while Bill waited for me. When I came out we saw Zendaya Coleman from the Disney show Shake It Up checking into the restaurant. She was in WDW for the Christmas parade taping.

We decided to call it a night and hopped a boat back to the Boardwalk, knowing we would be back at Epcot on the 5th.

Next installment… DHS entertainment!!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh Tracy, what a stressful start to the trip. Wiped out, no sleep and then the room mess up. I would have been SO stressed out over that. renting makes me nervous. I know lots of people have fabulous luck with it, I always assumed Davids would be a little more secure/double checking oriented than maybe a straight rental from an individual but it doesn't really sound like it.

Very glad everything worked out. Does DVC, in general, have less HA rooms? That's really not cool, I had no idea. I'm glad the room location overall seemed to work out and your view is just lovely, and that a nights sleep seemed to help a bit. The lunch looks like so much fun, I had no idea BD had a family of the day and an opening ceremony, that's really neat!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #39
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Really sucks about the web page Bill worked on. So glad I found your link.

WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #40
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

I am really looking forward to enjoying the Epcot storytellers during the holidays while we are in Orlando. I think my girls will really love it. You got some really great pictures!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #41
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I am so wanting to do the dining with an imagineer, it sounded so awesome!

I def cant wait to get back to WDW at Christmas time and do all the storytellers, i've only seen a few.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #42
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

The koi pond is one of those quiet spots in world showcase that we love to explore. We love to step out of the crowds and soak in the atmosphere; Disney did a good job of creating spots that make that possible all around Epcot!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #44
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

I think the Storytellers were my favorite part of Epcots holiday happenings. And you hit our 3 favorite!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #45
piglet50
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I just found the thread for this report and I'm so glad I did. I'm glad you both were feeling better after you arrived. Thank you for sharing your trips with us. I always enjoy them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: