Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #136
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Just found your trip report and I'm all caught up. I've read an old trip report of yours on the completed trip report board so was so happy to find one in progress! It's more fun to follow along as it is being written. What a wonderful night at the GF, just reading your description brought tears to my eyes. What a great guy you have!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #137
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Well Bill did it again! I really hope I get to meet you guys in the world eventually because I want to hug you both!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #138
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Tracy! I just found this TR and read it up to today!

We just got back from WDW Tuesday night and I am having major re-entry blues and it makes me SO happy to read your TR. I remember your first one. I just adore you two and I especially love how kind you are to kids and families. So many couples have no patience for other people's kids, and who can blame them? But your kindness just blows me away every time.

I loved reading about your GF night and special butler dinner. It sounds lovely and I am so glad that's how you celebrated your birthday and anniversary.

I was in WDW with my family and then some DIS friends, and I always think about the TRs I've read and the people I have come to know from them, so to return home and read yours is a delight.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #139
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Tracy, I was so unbelievably honored when Bill asked me to play a small role in helping him plan your magical birthday dinner! He is a true romantic; an inspiration for boyfriends/husbands everywhere!!

Kathy
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #140
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Here is a picture from MSN Bing maps showing our room location and how close to the boat dock we were. Loved the room location, yes I loved it, have I told you I loved it because if I didn’t tell you I will tell you now, I LOVED IT!!:

Hi Tracy! My DH & I attended Magic & Merriment and we were on the same bus with you & Bill during the backstage tours - I'm not sure if you remember me, but I stopped to say hello because I recognized you from lurkyloo's TR's. We also spotted you at GF one day during the trip, but I wasn't able to say hello.

I just found your TR, and I'm really enjoying it so far! (I loved the story you shared from your lunch with Alex Caruthers!) I'm still reading through it, but I had to stop & chime in when I saw this pic, we were also on the 5th floor of BWV & our room was right across the hall from you! How funny is that?!? I'm surprised we never ran into each other there, especially when we were headed to the same events!

OK, going back to read some more...

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #141
PryncessChrysty
This sounds like a fun game
Loves doing puzzles

All caught up! Your birthday/anniversary extravaganza sounds AMAZING!!!

What a wonderful experience!

DL Local / / WDW Vet / / Instagram: PracticallyPeachy & DisneyFoodies

Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #142
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report, especially the description of your GF dinner! I love that WDW has experiences like these, for those of us that return again and again because it's something different. I'm sure it was expensive, but it sounds totally worth it and unforgettable.

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
Old 03-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #143
smidgy
dimples

ok, my bad..a lot of catching up to do!!!!! (even tho I'm still mad at Bill for meeting up with susan lucci and all. haarruumph!)
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #144
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

What an awesome birthday/anniverary celebration you had!!! And, Bill did a great job making it extra special! That is such a sweet picture of you two; it will be a special thing to have and always remember that wonderful night.

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #145
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your reports, and this one takes the cake. Bill is an amazing man - what a spectacular evening he planned for you!

I absolutely love the photo of you and Bill at the Grand Floridian. You are a beautiful woman and your happiness just shines through. You two make a wonderful couple.

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #146
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Oh, my! It was beyond FABULOUS! What a cute picture of you both - the happiness is just radiating from y'all. That is a night to remember for the rest of your life. Bill did great - good choices in everything!
Bill did an amazing job, he is always so thoughtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Bill looks very handsome with his haircut. What a fabulous day and night. You have a special guy you have there.
He says thank you. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamcl View Post
What an amazing night at GF!
Your update gave me chills - you and Bill deserve all of the happiness in the world!!
Thank you so much. The GF now holds a very special place in my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
Amazing updates!! I am in love with the pic of you two together, and I am so printing it for my wall...

So glad you enjoyed your birthday!!

Thanks Toni, you are so sweet . The only thing that would have made that dinner better was if you and Terry would have been with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
I am soo jealous! What an amazing birthday.
It was fantastic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Just found your trip report and I'm all caught up. I've read an old trip report of yours on the completed trip report board so was so happy to find one in progress! It's more fun to follow along as it is being written. What a wonderful night at the GF, just reading your description brought tears to my eyes. What a great guy you have!
Thanks for posting. It was a magical night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well Bill did it again! I really hope I get to meet you guys in the world eventually because I want to hug you both!
We will be in WDW in May for 12 days so maybe we can meet up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Tracy! I just found this TR and read it up to today!

We just got back from WDW Tuesday night and I am having major re-entry blues and it makes me SO happy to read your TR. I remember your first one. I just adore you two and I especially love how kind you are to kids and families. So many couples have no patience for other people's kids, and who can blame them? But your kindness just blows me away every time.

I loved reading about your GF night and special butler dinner. It sounds lovely and I am so glad that's how you celebrated your birthday and anniversary.

I was in WDW with my family and then some DIS friends, and I always think about the TRs I've read and the people I have come to know from them, so to return home and read yours is a delight.
Thank you so much! We just adore the kids we have met on our trips and their parents aren't so bad either . The re-entry blues can get you down, some people stay away from the boards, I am reading on here constantly when I get back to keep up with my Disney fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Tracy, I was so unbelievably honored when Bill asked me to play a small role in helping him plan your magical birthday dinner! He is a true romantic; an inspiration for boyfriends/husbands everywhere!!

Kathy
Kathy, I can NEVER thank you enough for all your help. It was the best night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessChrysty View Post
Hi Tracy! My DH & I attended Magic & Merriment and we were on the same bus with you & Bill during the backstage tours - I'm not sure if you remember me, but I stopped to say hello because I recognized you from lurkyloo's TR's. We also spotted you at GF one day during the trip, but I wasn't able to say hello.

I just found your TR, and I'm really enjoying it so far! (I loved the story you shared from your lunch with Alex Caruthers!) I'm still reading through it, but I had to stop & chime in when I saw this pic, we were also on the 5th floor of BWV & our room was right across the hall from you! How funny is that?!? I'm surprised we never ran into each other there, especially when we were headed to the same events!

OK, going back to read some more...
We remember you!! We had so much fun with Alex. We weren't at BWV's during Magic & Merriment, we were at Pop. We loved BWV's so much we are going to be there for 10 nights in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PryncessChrysty View Post
All caught up! Your birthday/anniversary extravaganza sounds AMAZING!!!

What a wonderful experience!
It was amazing because of Lurkyloo's wonderful blog. Are you the Chrysty from her new podcast? I am thinking she said Princess Chrysty from the DIS and I was like "BILL we met her". The podcast is great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Enjoying your report, especially the description of your GF dinner! I love that WDW has experiences like these, for those of us that return again and again because it's something different. I'm sure it was expensive, but it sounds totally worth it and unforgettable.
It was expensive but we think it was worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
ok, my bad..a lot of catching up to do!!!!! (even tho I'm still mad at Bill for meeting up with susan lucci and all. haarruumph!)
I met her too, I hope you aren't mad at me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
What an awesome birthday/anniverary celebration you had!!! And, Bill did a great job making it extra special! That is such a sweet picture of you two; it will be a special thing to have and always remember that wonderful night.
I am usually allergic to the camera but so happy we had Jack take that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo818 View Post
I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your reports, and this one takes the cake. Bill is an amazing man - what a spectacular evening he planned for you!

I absolutely love the photo of you and Bill at the Grand Floridian. You are a beautiful woman and your happiness just shines through. You two make a wonderful couple.
Thank you so much for reading our reports, also thank you for the kind words. He is a wonderful man and I am so happy to have him in my life.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #147
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Epcot again?

Waking up to the Magic Kingdom train whistle was something we could really get used to. I packed up our stuff and we headed out. There is a fountain that the Roots use a lot in their pictures, I thought I would get a shot of Bill there (the Roots pictures are so much better ):

See the balcony up here? That is where we were the night before:

The bus stop was busy but they have a cast member there keeping things in order, he is in the red jacket:

The guests were amazed at how quickly Bill got on the bus, here he is getting strapped in:

We went to DHS then hopped a Pop bus to drop off our stuff, then back to DHS to go in the back of Epcot to see more storytellers. That makes me tired reading that, but we really love the friendship boats:

The ducks love Bill and always come up to him:

We wandered around Epcot that afternoon then went to see Father Christmas in the United Kingdom:

We looked at the schedule and found that we might be able to fit in the Mexico and Norway storytellers too. We walked past Epcot’s Christmas tree:

There was a little wait until the 3 Kings started so I got a Margarita:

We went to line up at Mexico and I took pictures:

We enjoyed their show and Bill got a picture with them:

We made our way to Norway and went into the store that has the Laila perfume. Bill told me he wanted to buy me some more because I had run out recently, I tried to tell him he had done so much he didn’t need to do anymore, then I got the look that told me I was not going to win that fight, so I shut up. Then we saw the men’s cologne, Geir and smelled it. Oh my, I liked it, he liked it, so I bought it for him. We love wearing them it reminds us of Epcot. After our purchase, it was time for Sigrid and the mischievous Christmas Gnome, Julenissen. This was very cute.

They didn’t pose for pictures, every other storyteller did so I don’t know why they didn’t?? After that we decided to get a counter service meal in China then head out of the park, but we had to go by Mouse Gears first. I got Bill to try on a hat:

On our way out tucked in with the Christmas decorations were some friends of Bambi:

Goofy and Donald:

Since people were waiting to see Illuminations the bus stop was fairly empty and we went back to Pop early because tomorrow the D23 event Magic and Merriment would be starting.

Next installment… Magic and Merriment 2011 Day 1

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 05-06-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #148
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great day...that hat is hilarious in Bill!
So great you both smell good now! I need to get in there and smell some of those too.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #149
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

The story tellers look so cool! But all those buses made me tired... I would have just grabbed a cab from the GF to Pop, but I'm guessing that's not easy with Bill's chair?

Can't wait to read about another amazing D23 event! You should get a commission with all the D23 advertising you do!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #150
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

YAY! so happy to see an update - keep them coming
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: