Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #121
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Mine is up to 550! And there's only like 15-20 seats taken. Raising the fare is surely NOT going to fill those seats.
YIKES! Maybe the fares will drop down to nothing the week before the flights? I agree, people are not going to jump on board at that price. We would drive (as much as we'd hate to) or cancel the trip rather than pay those fares!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #122
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Hi from California!

Well I finally made up my mind and we will be staying at the Poly from 8/12-8/18. I'm so excited! We will be staying CL which is a first for us. Just got our airfare from Southwest leaving out of LAX, so the first day will be a very long day for us. But hey, we'll be at Disney World and it won't matter

Disney World is also a first for us but have been to Disneyland too many times to count.
Lemondrops is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #123
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrops View Post
Hi from California!

Well I finally made up my mind and we will be staying at the Poly from 8/12-8/18. I'm so excited! We will be staying CL which is a first for us. Just got our airfare from Southwest leaving out of LAX, so the first day will be a very long day for us. But hey, we'll be at Disney World and it won't matter

Disney World is also a first for us but have been to Disneyland too many times to count.
See you in the lounge! Our dates overlap.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #124
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
See you in the lounge! Our dates overlap.
Sounds good to me! Can't wait to try one of thos pineapple drinks!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #125
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Ok, my ticker won't work. What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #126
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds good to me! Can't wait to try one of thos pineapple drinks!
Quote:
Ok, my ticker won't work. What am I doing wrong?
I have a whole drink itinerary planned. I have 12 glorious nights to enjoy wonderful tropical drinks. My favorite is the punch in the lounge. It is SO good!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #127
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have a whole drink itinerary planned. I have 12 glorious nights to enjoy wonderful tropical drinks. My favorite is the punch in the lounge. It is SO good!
Bwaah ha ha! That's what I need to do. Disney during the day for kids and Disney at night for the adults. It's my vacation too! I ended up choosing the Poly because I wanted to go to Hawaii for vacation and I was outnumbered for Disney World. So I'm trying to get the best of both worlds
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #128
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bwaah ha ha! That's what I need to do. Disney during the day for kids and Disney at night for the adults. It's my vacation too! I ended up choosing the Poly because I wanted to go to Hawaii for vacation and I was outnumbered for Disney World. So I'm trying to get the best of both worlds
The Poly really is like a tropical paradise. It's such a special place!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #129
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The Poly really is like a tropical paradise. It's such a special place!
I can't wait! Of course I think if my husband hears me say Disney one more time he might explode.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #130
kinggoofy
DIS Veteran

Count us in. I surprised my DW with an early Mothers Day gift yesterday. Printed up the new ressie with the POLY info and put it in the card. (Originally at YC). We will be there Aug 14th to Aug 25th celebrating our 19th Wedding Anniversary.

Now I may rent a half day cabana for her/us. She would be shocked.
CBR-Sept. 93 ( Honeymoon); ASMu-Aug. 97; CSR - Aug.98; PO-Aug. 99; DXL-Aug. 00; POR- Aug. 01; POR- Aug. 02; POR-Thanksgiving 02; POR-Aug 03 (Celebrated 10th wedding anniversary this trip); POR-Aug. 04; POR-Thanksgiving 04; POR-August 05; POR-Thanksgiving 05; POR-June 06; POR-Thanksgving 06: CBR-ESPN The Weekend Mar 07; POP-Memorial Day Weekend 07; Poly-Aug 07; BW-Thanksgiving 07; Poly-April 08 DW Birthday Present ; Poly Aug 08 (15th Wedding Anniversary); POR - Thanksgiving 08; Aug 09 YC; POR- Thanksgiving 09; Aug 10- Yacht Club to celebrate our 25th Visit to Walt Disney World; POR- Thanksgiving 10 ; POR August 2011; Poly Aug 2012 OKW in Nov 2012 OKW 2013; POR & SSR Thanksgiving 2013; SSR 4/14 (DW bday gift ) and BWV in August 2014

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS..2010 & 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
CHICAGO CUBS..1908 WORLD CHAMPIONS
kinggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #131
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggoofy View Post
Count us in. I surprised my DW with an early Mothers Day gift yesterday. Printed up the new ressie with the POLY info and put it in the card. (Originally at YC). We will be there Aug 14th to Aug 25th celebrating our 19th Wedding Anniversary.

The cabanas are GREAT!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #132
fightinillini229
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Quote:

I will be at DL for the first time on May 19th! Having been to WDW countless times, I'm very excited to experience DL! Any tips for a DL first time visitor? I've already come to terms with the fact that it's a Saturday so it will be extremely crowded, but I'm hoping that going early in the season will help dilute some of the normal Saturday crowds.

fightinillini229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #133
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi from California!

CONGRATULATIONS! You have made a VERY great choice! I think you will really enjoy the Poly. You might be surprised at how HUGE WDW is compared to DL, and some of the rides are really different...check them out! I added your dates to post #2. Welcome to the Poly in August club!

Quote:
Now this makes me a little jealous we're not staying CL. We did years ago, but they didn't offer the punch then. I want a taste of that stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggoofy View Post

How sweet! What a wonderful husband, to pull out a fantastic surprise like that! MainStreetFireman, my hubby, has plenty of surprises up his sleeve over the years. They make me feel so special! CONGRATULATIONS on 19 years and welcome to the Poly in August club. You're in post #2!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #134
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! You have made a VERY great choice! I think you will really enjoy the Poly. You might be surprised at how HUGE WDW is compared to DL, and some of the rides are really different...check them out! I added your dates to post #2. Welcome to the Poly in August club!

Now this makes me a little jealous we're not staying CL. We did years ago, but they didn't offer the punch then. I want a taste of that stuff!

How sweet! What a wonderful husband, to pull out a fantastic surprise like that! MainStreetFireman, my hubby, has plenty of surprises up his sleeve over the years. They make me feel so special! CONGRATULATIONS on 19 years and welcome to the Poly in August club. You're in post #2!
Maybe I can smuggle you out a glass.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #135
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinillini229 View Post
I will be at DL for the first time on May 19th! Having been to WDW countless times, I'm very excited to experience DL! Any tips for a DL first time visitor? I've already come to terms with the fact that it's a Saturday so it will be extremely crowded, but I'm hoping that going early in the season will help dilute some of the normal Saturday crowds.
I've only been to DL for a few day trips, so I don't have too much to add, but I can say don't miss a ride just because you've done it at WDW. Each one seems to have a bit of a different spin on it, so it's fun to ride so classics and favorites and both parks and compare. Also, I hear amazing things about World of Color if you can catch it, and Fantasmic! is supposed to be much better at DL.

Have a great trip! It's getting close!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: