Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #91
fightinillini229
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Counting the days...

fightinillini229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #92
Inspire&Imagine
Mouseketeer

Location: New York (not having jetlag when you go to Disney is always a bonus)

Waiting for school to end and Disney to start is a real pain. But that only leaves more time for planning/watching the planning video/packing! Am I the only one who loves the suspense and fun of the whole preparation process almost as much as the actual trip?
October 2001, Marriot offsite; August 2004, Polynesian concierge; August 2006, Polynesian w/ extended family; April 2008, Wilderness Lodge; August 2010, split Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge stay for 16th birthday!; August 2011, Coronado Springs resort for bro's graduation; August 2012, Contemporary and Poly, last trip before college! <3 the World
Inspire&Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #93
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

So yesterday at Target I found a Disney Parks BluRay. It's almost 3 hours long. I rejoiced in the aisle like a school girl when I found it. That should give me a Disney fix when I need it for the next 131 days!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #94
MCDomzal
Dreaming of my "happy place!"

I definitely enjoy the planning and anticipation almost as much as the trip!!! You should have seen DS(fightinillini229) and me in the Disney store last week, we were like kids in a candy store!

Hey, Fightinillini229, shouldn't you be studying not looking up pictures of dole whips? Just kidding! Have a great day!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #95
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
So yesterday at Target I found a Disney Parks BluRay. It's almost 3 hours long. I rejoiced in the aisle like a school girl when I found it. That should give me a Disney fix when I need it for the next 131 days!
Bought that at Sam's Club, and put it on my Classic ipod. On the odd Saturday when we are all home, I just play it in the background.

What I can't take is the 2012 Disney DVD. It starts out with something like "Because you know that there are only so many magical moments left." or something like that. No fair pulling on our daughter-about-to go-to college heartstrings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDomzal View Post
Hey, Fightinillini229, shouldn't you be studying not looking up pictures of dole whips? Just kidding! Have a great day!
Dole Whips AND Carousel of Progress? Sounds like parenting done right to me!

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #96
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
Bought that at Sam's Club, and put it on my Classic ipod. On the odd Saturday when we are all home, I just play it in the background.

What I can't take is the 2012 Disney DVD. It starts out with something like "Because you know that there are only so many magical moments left." or something like that. No fair pulling on our daughter-about-to go-to college heartstrings!

I HATE that line. It makes me feel like my parents are on the brink of death.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #97
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyf2 View Post
Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock............................

Patiently waiting for August to get here..................

We should plan a DIS meetup at the Poly---PM on August 5th??
As of this moment, we have 8PM dinner at the GF, followed by our first ever attempt at evening EMH at MK on the 5th. We could maybe do a pre-dinner cocktail that night if that works for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK13 View Post
Our first trip to the Poly is scheduled for Aug 19-27. Can't believe its under 5 months.
Welcome! Enjoy the Poly Kool Aid! I added you to the list in post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinillini229 View Post
Counting the days...

I love this pic! Thanks for sharing. We are also counting the days, but so many exciting things are happening between now and then. We are trying to savor this time, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspire&Imagine View Post
Waiting for school to end and Disney to start is a real pain. But that only leaves more time for planning/watching the planning video/packing! Am I the only one who loves the suspense and fun of the whole preparation process almost as much as the actual trip?
I LOVE the anticipation part! It will be here before you know it. Meantime, too much excitement to miss!

Quote:
I HATE that line. It makes me feel like my parents are on the brink of death.
UGH! I have been thinking of it terms of my kids, but now I will think of my grandparents (who are gone now, but always took my siblings and me to WDW) and my parents, too. Waaa! This ad is so manipulative!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #98
MCDomzal

Quote:

Thanks! I'd like to think so. He's a great "kid!" (Sorry, Ry, you'll always be my kid )
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #99
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We arrive on the fifth and have dinner at Cali Grill so a pre-dinner cocktail sounds great to me. I don't mine being socially lubricated for my monorail trip.

That ad is VERY manipulative. I feel like I need to take my parents on as many trips as possible.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #100
MCDomzal

[QUOTE=iloveeeyore;44441224]As of this moment, we have 8PM dinner at the GF, followed by our first ever attempt at evening EMH at MK on the 5th. We could maybe do a pre-dinner cocktail that night if that works for everyone?

DS and I would be up for that! DD and DH will be at Universal that day so we will just be hanging out waiting to go pick them up and start our REAL vacation!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #101
fightinillini229
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Quote:
We arrive on the fifth and have dinner at Cali Grill so a pre-dinner cocktail sounds great to me. I don't mine being socially lubricated for my monorail trip.
Happy hour at the happiest place on Earth, it doesn't get much better than that!

fightinillini229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #102
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

Tambu-ing it on the 5th!

As we get closer, let's compare dinner ressies and see when is the latest in the afternoon/earliest in the evening we can meet.

Now, the tough part.... What will I have? Cause if I have a Lapu Lapu at 6ish, I might never make it to my ressie. Maybe something light...Something that scratches my itch...

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
MainStreetFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #103
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

I am!!! I am!!!

August 25th-September 1st. We're staying CL for the first time. I got my IPO e-mail today. I was so excited, it said "Aloha, Rostorfer 'Ohana". I squeeeeed a little bit, LOL!

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #104
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Is is one of the Travel Channel specials? I'm totally interested. I need a Disney "fix" now and then.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #105
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As we get closer, let's compare dinner ressies and see when is the latest in the afternoon/earliest in the evening we can meet.

Now, the tough part.... What will I have? Cause if I have a Lapu Lapu at 6ish, I might never make it to my ressie. Maybe something light...Something that scratches my itch...
I think we should be available from around 5:30-7:30. We have to head out to dinner by 7:30. And still waiting for my coconuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I am!!! I am!!!

August 25th-September 1st. We're staying CL for the first time. I got my IPO e-mail today. I was so excited, it said "Aloha, Rostorfer 'Ohana". I squeeeeed a little bit, LOL!
Welcome! I know how wonderful it feels to get that IPO e-mail! "Squeeeee" away!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: