Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #136
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Maybe I can smuggle you out a glass.
Woohoo! It pays to have friends in high places!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #137
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Woohoo! It pays to have friends in high places!
If by high places you mean the third floor, then I'm honored!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #138
kinggoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS! You have made a VERY great choice! I think you will really enjoy the Poly. You might be surprised at how HUGE WDW is compared to DL, and some of the rides are really different...check them out! I added your dates to post #2. Welcome to the Poly in August club!

Now this makes me a little jealous we're not staying CL. We did years ago, but they didn't offer the punch then. I want a taste of that stuff!

How sweet! What a wonderful husband, to pull out a fantastic surprise like that! MainStreetFireman, my hubby, has plenty of surprises up his sleeve over the years. They make me feel so special! CONGRATULATIONS on 19 years and welcome to the Poly in August club. You're in post #2!
Thanks, she deserves it !!!

Do you, or anyone else, know how much the cabanas cost for a half day and how to I go about reserving it ? Do they fill up fast ? That would be a surprise that I would keep a secret until we got there.
CBR-Sept. 93 ( Honeymoon); ASMu-Aug. 97; CSR - Aug.98; PO-Aug. 99; DXL-Aug. 00; POR- Aug. 01; POR- Aug. 02; POR-Thanksgiving 02; POR-Aug 03 (Celebrated 10th wedding anniversary this trip); POR-Aug. 04; POR-Thanksgiving 04; POR-August 05; POR-Thanksgiving 05; POR-June 06; POR-Thanksgving 06: CBR-ESPN The Weekend Mar 07; POP-Memorial Day Weekend 07; Poly-Aug 07; BW-Thanksgiving 07; Poly-April 08 DW Birthday Present ; Poly Aug 08 (15th Wedding Anniversary); POR - Thanksgiving 08; Aug 09 YC; POR- Thanksgiving 09; Aug 10- Yacht Club to celebrate our 25th Visit to Walt Disney World; POR- Thanksgiving 10 ; POR August 2011; Poly Aug 2012 OKW in Nov 2012 OKW 2013; POR & SSR Thanksgiving 2013; SSR 4/14 (DW bday gift ) and BWV in August 2014

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS..2010 & 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
CHICAGO CUBS..1908 WORLD CHAMPIONS
kinggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #139
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggoofy View Post
Thanks, she deserves it !!!

Do you, or anyone else, know how much the cabanas cost for a half day and how to I go about reserving it ? Do they fill up fast ? That would be a surprise that I would keep a secret until we got there.
407 wdw play to reserve it. I believe it was $110 all together for the half day? Something around there. I reserved ours at 180 days out. I'm not sure how quickly they fill up.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #140
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinillini229 View Post
I will be at DL for the first time on May 19th! Having been to WDW countless times, I'm very excited to experience DL! Any tips for a DL first time visitor? I've already come to terms with the fact that it's a Saturday so it will be extremely crowded, but I'm hoping that going early in the season will help dilute some of the normal Saturday crowds.
Hi! Disneyland is great! A whole lot smaller and less spread out than WDW. California Adventure and Downtown Disney are right out of the gate. Are you staying on property or in Anaheim? Either way you will be close to all of the action. The weather will be great in May. It won't be stifling hot.

All I can say is that if you've been to WDW, DL should be a breeze. From what I understand it's setup very similar to Magic Kingdom and California Adventure is kind of all of the other parks in one. There aren't as many rides per say but you'll recognize them all.

Have a great time!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #141
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
407 wdw play to reserve it. I believe it was $110 all together for the half day? Something around there. I reserved ours at 180 days out. I'm not sure how quickly they fill up.
I reserved ours on Monday and it didn't seem to be a problem.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #142
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS! You have made a VERY great choice! I think you will really enjoy the Poly. You might be surprised at how HUGE WDW is compared to DL, and some of the rides are really different...check them out! I added your dates to post #2. Welcome to the Poly in August club!

Now this makes me a little jealous we're not staying CL. We did years ago, but they didn't offer the punch then. I want a taste of that stuff!

How sweet! What a wonderful husband, to pull out a fantastic surprise like that! MainStreetFireman, my hubby, has plenty of surprises up his sleeve over the years. They make me feel so special! CONGRATULATIONS on 19 years and welcome to the Poly in August club. You're in post #2!
Thanks for adding me!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #143
fightinillini229
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Quote:
I've only been to DL for a few day trips, so I don't have too much to add, but I can say don't miss a ride just because you've done it at WDW. Each one seems to have a bit of a different spin on it, so it's fun to ride so classics and favorites and both parks and compare. Also, I hear amazing things about World of Color if you can catch it, and Fantasmic! is supposed to be much better at DL.

Have a great trip! It's getting close!
It's scary how close it is!

I can't wait to ride some of the rides that are DL exclusives. I've heard similar things about F! at DL being much better and I'm excited to get to view it on the RoA compared to the amphitheater at MGM. I'm also pumped to see Magical, which some people have said is much better than Wishes...it'll be hard to beat in my book though simply because of nostalgia if nothing else.

Unfortunately, I am only going to be hitting up DL and not CA so I won't be able to catch WoC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrops View Post
Hi! Disneyland is great! A whole lot smaller and less spread out than WDW. California Adventure and Downtown Disney are right out of the gate. Are you staying on property or in Anaheim? Either way you will be close to all of the action. The weather will be great in May. It won't be stifling hot.

All I can say is that if you've been to WDW, DL should be a breeze. From what I understand it's setup very similar to Magic Kingdom and California Adventure is kind of all of the other parks in one. There aren't as many rides per say but you'll recognize them all.

Have a great time!
I will actually be living in between LA and San Diego for the summer, so we're gonna be driving up to Anaheim early in the morning. We lose out on not being able to go back to a hotel to rest, but with one day only to spend at DL I don't mind being there from open to close! I'm not sure how the rest of my party is going to feel about that plan, but that's why I'm driving!

fightinillini229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #144
kinggoofy
DIS Veteran

Ok..to all the ladies out there this is for you,

Would you rather have a "cabana day" (half or full day) OR would you rather have a "spa day" at the GF ?

To me, it looks as tho the benefits of having a cabana is basically "securing" your spot by the pool for a half or full day. Im not too worried about securing a table by the pool because we would get there early enough.

I know the cabana seems cool and all but Im kinda leaning towards putting that cash towards a spa day for DW instead of a cabana day...NOW if drinks-- (aka--booze)-- were included in the cabana price then we may have something cooking there.

DW has never done a spa day at Disney.

What would you do ???

Thanks
CBR-Sept. 93 ( Honeymoon); ASMu-Aug. 97; CSR - Aug.98; PO-Aug. 99; DXL-Aug. 00; POR- Aug. 01; POR- Aug. 02; POR-Thanksgiving 02; POR-Aug 03 (Celebrated 10th wedding anniversary this trip); POR-Aug. 04; POR-Thanksgiving 04; POR-August 05; POR-Thanksgiving 05; POR-June 06; POR-Thanksgving 06: CBR-ESPN The Weekend Mar 07; POP-Memorial Day Weekend 07; Poly-Aug 07; BW-Thanksgiving 07; Poly-April 08 DW Birthday Present ; Poly Aug 08 (15th Wedding Anniversary); POR - Thanksgiving 08; Aug 09 YC; POR- Thanksgiving 09; Aug 10- Yacht Club to celebrate our 25th Visit to Walt Disney World; POR- Thanksgiving 10 ; POR August 2011; Poly Aug 2012 OKW in Nov 2012 OKW 2013; POR & SSR Thanksgiving 2013; SSR 4/14 (DW bday gift ) and BWV in August 2014

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS..2010 & 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS
CHICAGO CUBS..1908 WORLD CHAMPIONS
kinggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #145
Lemondrops
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Would you rather have a "cabana day" (half or full day) OR would you rather have a "spa day" at the GF ?

To me, it looks as tho the benefits of having a cabana is basically "securing" your spot by the pool for a half or full day. Im not too worried about securing a table by the pool because we would get there early enough.

I know the cabana seems cool and all but Im kinda leaning towards putting that cash towards a spa day for DW instead of a cabana day...NOW if drinks-- (aka--booze)-- were included in the cabana price then we may have something cooking there.

What would you do ???

Thanks
I would personally do the spa. I've never had a spa day and I think that would be a fantastic gift!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #146
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What would you do ???

Thanks
I would prefer a cabana. Disney to me is about being with my family. I wouldn't enjoy being away from them at a spa. A cabana is a very nice treat. I really enjoy having our own little area complete with a stocked fridge, fan, fruit, and attendant. I'm surprising my family with a 2nd cabana day.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #147
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What would you do ???

Thanks
You, know, I would have said spa day (I don't really get the whole fuss about the cabana)...but Dani makes a great argument below for the cabana. I really wouldn't want to separate from my family to go to a spa while in Disney. Either one you choose, what a wonderful idea, you sound like a very considerate and generous husband!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Old 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #148
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Woo Hooo!!!! 89 days! I can't believe we are under 2 months to go already! I am so excited, I just started my dining PTR. It's linked in my signature, come check it out!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #149
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

We are there the 31st through the 4th for Labor Day weekend

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #150
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWISHFORDISNEY View Post
We are there the 31st through the 4th for Labor Day weekend
Welcome! Labor Day weekend is such a great time to visit WDW! I added you to post #2.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: