Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
Renita
Earning My Ears

First time to DLR Suggestions for everything?

I am planning a family vacation/anniversary trip to DLR this summer. I would appreciate suggestions on on-site vs. off-site stays as well as dining and additional activities away from DLR and in the San Diego area. I am not one that expects major thrills in a hotel, but want it to be clean, safe, and within walking distance to DLR if possible. Help please
Renita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
CrazyAboutWDW
Earning My Ears

I recommed at least one day in each of the two parks. If you can stay onsite do it. The Grand Californian is beautiful and convenient - you walk to the parks and to Downtown Disney. Visit all of them. We found it much more relaxing to be able to walk at will when and where we wanted without taking any buses, boats etc as you must when you visit the much larger WDW.
CrazyAboutWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
CrazyAboutWDW
Earning My Ears

Stay a night or two at Marina Del Rey

If you are flying into LAX and want to stay a day or two away from Anaheim I recommend Marina Del Rey. It is about 10 minutes from LAX. There is so much to do there. You can rent bikes and ride on the "strand" which is a 21 mile paved path on the beach. Head north from Marina Del Rey and you can ride to Santa Monica Pier where there is a large amusement park. Coming back south stop and walk through Venice Beach which is a super fun place to people watch and to shop for inexpensive and unusual things sold be the vendors all up and down Venice Beach. In Marina Del Rey walk or bike through the neighborhoods to see the neat houses and apartments and you can find fun restaurants to stop for lunch or dinner. You will also see "Muscle Beach" and a really cool skate board park on the beach just north of Marina Del Rey.
CrazyAboutWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: