Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #1441
vbarry
DIS Veteran

Just returned from the Poly! Actually, I had cancelled our reservation and decided to stay at Portofino Bay. We stayed there two nights. I was not at all happy with the resort. We called Disney, checked out of the Portofino and we were sitting in the Hawaii building checking in within an hour. I must say we LOVED it and plan to return next March!!

We had a GV CL room on the first floor. The view was not the greatest but I still loved it! We decided to stay CL since they would not allow us to add the dining plan since we made the reservation the same day as our stay. I loved the lounge and the convenience of drinks etc. It was perfect!

Any questions...please let me know! LOVE the Poly and it is my NEW favorite resort!!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #1442
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

I am 32 days out from my trip and have not heard from IPO yet. I made my reservation last week and contacted them yesterday. I don't really need them to make dining reservations as I have already done that. Is there anything that I need IPO for, or anything they need to know from me?? When should I expect to hear from them?

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #1443
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
I am 32 days out from my trip and have not heard from IPO yet. I made my reservation last week and contacted them yesterday. I don't really need them to make dining reservations as I have already done that. Is there anything that I need IPO for, or anything they need to know from me?? When should I expect to hear from them?
They should be contacting you very soon, or you could get the ball rolling yourself and email them using the contact info on page 1.

They will want to know your approximate arrival time and how you will be arriving (ME/car, etc) so that they can plan to be ready for you to check in.

I have found Poly's IPO to be wonderful. I hope you do too. Have fun at the Poly!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #1444
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would email them with your ADR reservation numbers. They will put your itinerary together and it will be printed when you check in. I find it convenient to have all my ADR's together when we get there. Don't be afraid to call them or email them with any changes or questions you have.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #1445
204charity
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to pop in and say - "I'M GOING TO DISNEY THIS MONTH!!!!!"
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #1446
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
Just returned from the Poly! Actually, I had cancelled our reservation and decided to stay at Portofino Bay. We stayed there two nights. I was not at all happy with the resort. We called Disney, checked out of the Portofino and we were sitting in the Hawaii building checking in within an hour. I must say we LOVED it and plan to return next March!!

We had a GV CL room on the first floor. The view was not the greatest but I still loved it! We decided to stay CL since they would not allow us to add the dining plan since we made the reservation the same day as our stay. I loved the lounge and the convenience of drinks etc. It was perfect!

Any questions...please let me know! LOVE the Poly and it is my NEW favorite resort!!
Glad you had a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say - "I'M GOING TO DISNEY THIS MONTH!!!!!"
Lucky....(in my best Napolean Dynamite voice).

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #1447
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
They should be contacting you very soon, or you could get the ball rolling yourself and email them using the contact info on page 1.

They will want to know your approximate arrival time and how you will be arriving (ME/car, etc) so that they can plan to be ready for you to check in.

I have found Poly's IPO to be wonderful. I hope you do too. Have fun at the Poly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
I would email them with your ADR reservation numbers. They will put your itinerary together and it will be printed when you check in. I find it convenient to have all my ADR's together when we get there. Don't be afraid to call them or email them with any changes or questions you have.
Thanks, that is helpful. I did contact them yesterday via email since I hadn't heard from them and just gave them my reservation number but haven't heard from them yet. How long should I wait before I try to contact them again.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #1448
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, that is helpful. I did contact them yesterday via email since I hadn't heard from them and just gave them my reservation number but haven't heard from them yet. How long should I wait before I try to contact them again.
They don't work on the weekend. You should have gotten the "thank you for contacting us" email if not check your spam folder. If its not there PM me and I will give you the email address. Make sure you put your resort reservation number in the subject field

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #1449
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Cabana dilemma resolved! Boy, I just couldn't make up my mind! I really wanted regular cabana afternoon of May 17th but all was available was premium. We have Gardens of the World tour from 9-12:30 and I didn't want to pay for premium and miss the first three hours of cabana time.

So, I was able to book full day of regular cabana on my parents arrival date. We will be there the day before so we will get to use cabana at start of day. Parents will arrive around lunch. Can't wait to have a Lapu Lapu and some Captain Cooks at the Cabana on the first day. Then, we have Hoop Dee Do at 7:15 that night. So, we will probably not use the last hour of the cabana.

Thanks for the cabana advice everyone! Now, I just need to update my counter.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #1450
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited to be able to say I will be at the Poly in LESS than 2 weeks

Quick question ~ when we stayed at WL there was a photopass person in the lobby. Do they have this at the Poly? We are actually getting the photopass CD this time, and I'd love to have someone take a family pic or 2 our first night when we have ressies at O'hana (since we aren't going to a park we might actually wear something nice)!
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1451
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Well they say it's to help with the overloading of the main pool. (little ones couldn't swim in the quiet pool. No lifeguards)

But in reality it's due to resort regulations. If they wanted to keep the quiet pool deep they MUST have lifeguards stationed.. Which they didn't.
Huh! I wish the resort could have made that known somehow. Folks over here and elsewhere (including me!) were baffled by the change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post

I am so glad you loved it! Isn't it great when things like that turn out so beautifully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I'm so excited to be able to say I will be at the Poly in LESS than 2 weeks

Quick question ~ when we stayed at WL there was a photopass person in the lobby. Do they have this at the Poly? We are actually getting the photopass CD this time, and I'd love to have someone take a family pic or 2 our first night when we have ressies at O'hana (since we aren't going to a park we might actually wear something nice)!
I would like to know that as well. All my side of the fam is going when we go so would like some family pix!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #1452
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Take a long weekend away with no internet and see all that I've missed....

Congratulations Carl!!!!!

We were up near Traverse City, MI with 30 - 40ish degree weather making bonfires down by the beach trying to stay warm. We kept getting sad every time we checked to weather for WDW. I really didn't want to see snow over spring break.....

Only 73 more sleeps over here! My DD15 and I kept the time going by on the 6 hour car ride home discussing the upcoming trip and all of the must do's!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #1453
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
Huh! I wish the resort could have made that known somehow. Folks over here and elsewhere (including me!) were baffled by the change!

I am so glad you loved it! Isn't it great when things like that turn out so beautifully!

I would like to know that as well. All my side of the fam is going when we go so would like some family pix!
Resorts don't really like to say "we don't want to spend extra money on lifeguards" so it was to "improve" the resort by allowing more people to enjoy the quiet pool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Take a long weekend away with no internet and see all that I've missed....

Congratulations Carl!!!!!

We were up near Traverse City, MI with 30 - 40ish degree weather making bonfires down by the beach trying to stay warm. We kept getting sad every time we checked to weather for WDW. I really didn't want to see snow over spring break.....

Only 73 more sleeps over here! My DD15 and I kept the time going by on the 6 hour car ride home discussing the upcoming trip and all of the must do's!
lol!! Your DD15 sounds like ours!! If there is a day that she doesn't mention Disney.. We are in trouble.
Thanks for the congrats! Not sure I am happy being a grandpa at 42!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1454
brajfamily
Mousketeer

How strict are they at the Poly with pool use from outside guests? We stayed at the BC on our last two trips and they require wrist bands and have lifeguards checking. We went to the Poly for dinner and walked down to the beach/pool area before and a lifeguard asked us to not sit at the tables, they were for resort guests. I don't mind this idea since the pool does get very crowded. Just curious to know if they are doing bands and/or checking when you go to the pool. Thanks!!

April 2013 - BC, April 2012 - BC, July 2011 - BC, Feb 2011 - BC, Nov 2010 - OLCC, June 2010 - OLCC, April 2010 - Poly, April 2009 - CBR, Feb 2009 - Poly, April 2008 - Pop, April 2007 - OLCC, March 2006 - OLCC, April 2003 - OLCC, April 2001 - CBR, April 2000 - off-site
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #1455
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
How strict are they at the Poly with pool use from outside guests? We stayed at the BC on our last two trips and they require wrist bands and have lifeguards checking. We went to the Poly for dinner and walked down to the beach/pool area before and a lifeguard asked us to not sit at the tables, they were for resort guests. I don't mind this idea since the pool does get very crowded. Just curious to know if they are doing bands and/or checking when you go to the pool. Thanks!!
Enforcement at the Poly is sporadic. They do have a wrist banding policy, it just isn't always in effect, usually only during busier periods.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: