Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #1366
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
I started young with my daughter so I'm likely to be a young Grandma as well. Problem is I started over again and have a 3 year old son in addition to my teen so that will make things interesting!
I hear ya! My oldest DS is 20 (I was 16) and my youngest is 3....DS lives with his DGF, so far he doesn't want babies.....which I am good with...but we will see. Made my parents grandparents before 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
It's funny!! Everyone smells em.. But no one admits they smell better than fresh baked cookies!
I will happily admit...it IS the best smell ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Good luck with the biopsies crostorfer. I love your attitude - and I'm sure you will love the cabana. We rented one last fall and DH put it on our must do list for our next trip.
Selfishly love that you enjoyed the cabana...our 1st cabana will be on Memorial Day for DDs birthday crostofer is wonderful, isn't she

i_heart_the_mouse 2 cabana days???? Nice!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #1367
mom2nik
Earning My Ears

Im over 230 days until DIsney. I cant stand it. It seems like forever. My family and I will be at the Poly for the first time the begining of November. I cant wait!!!

We plan on staying put at the poly on day of arrival. Is the Luau worth the money? We have a DD6.

Last edited by mom2nik; 03-29-2012 at 10:52 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1368
mom2nik
Earning My Ears

OH MY Carl contratulations on that baby. How precious.

I have been going through the last couple of days and see I missed your posting. You are going to have to get little Liam some mouse ears :

Welcome to the world Liam
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #1369
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nik View Post
Im over 230 days until DIsney. I cant stand it. It seems like forever. My family and I will be at the Poly for the first time the begining of November. I cant wait!!!

We plan on staying put at the poly on day of arrival. Is the Luau worth the money? We have a DD6.
Congrats on booking your first stay at the Poly! It will probably not be your last!

Staying put on arrival day sounds like a great plan!

I've never done the luau, but from what I've read it gets mixed reviews. The same fire dancer from the show does the torch lighting ceremony so if you want to catch a teensy tidbit of the show, that is available for free and it is pretty cool!

Whatever you decide, you'll be at the Poly. It will be awesome!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1370
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2nik View Post

We'll be at the Poly next month and will be going to the Luau one night. We also have a DD6 and will let you know what she thinks of it. The dancing and fire juggling is some of her favourite parts of Lilo & Stitch so she's looking forward to it.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 03-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #1371
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Liam, cry if grandpa doesn't take you to Poly!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #1372
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #1373
trailmix71
Earning My Ears

Pool hours-Polynesian?

Hello,
Maybe I missed it on the info. sheet, but what are the pool hours?
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #1374
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

From the Tikiman website:

The Volcano pool has lifeguards on duty from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. These hours change to 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the offseason. This does not mean you cannot swim before or after. The slide is closed after hours and there are no lifeguards.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #1375
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Very excited - sorry to crash.....

Just booked our first stay at the Poly CL Garden view. We also booked a cabana for our stay and we leave in 35 days! YEA!!

Having a long romantic weekend with hubby and am enjoying everything I have been reading

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #1376
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post

Steve have a grand baby? He was born yesterday.. Technically.. No.. He is in Japan. So it's complicated.
Good gravy NO! They had a baby.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #1377
mom2nik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
We'll be at the Poly next month and will be going to the Luau one night. We also have a DD6 and will let you know what she thinks of it. The dancing and fire juggling is some of her favourite parts of Lilo & Stitch so she's looking forward to it.
That would be Great. Thanks. Any other things that she liked would be helpful too. After a couple days at the Poly we are heading for our second disney cruise. Its the first one on the Dream though
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #1378
mom2nik
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Congrats on booking your first stay at the Poly! It will probably not be your last!

Staying put on arrival day sounds like a great plan!

I've never done the luau, but from what I've read it gets mixed reviews. The same fire dancer from the show does the torch lighting ceremony so if you want to catch a teensy tidbit of the show, that is available for free and it is pretty cool!

Whatever you decide, you'll be at the Poly. It will be awesome!
Thanks. Good tip on the lighting ceremony I cant wait. Im still hoping for a PIN though.

I look at the pictures posted every day and it makes me wish the trip was tomorrow :
Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #1379
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
(I was 16)
Me too, guess we have more than being in NJ in common!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
Very excited - sorry to crash.....

Just booked our first stay at the Poly CL Garden view. We also booked a cabana for our stay and we leave in 35 days! YEA!!

Having a long romantic weekend with hubby and am enjoying everything I have been reading
Welcome! Your long weekend plans sound wonderful!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #1380
mamarissa
Mouseketeer

60 day countdown til our first stay at the poly! we are all so excited

i've been trying to look back thru the posts, but was hoping someone would be kind enough to share any poly "musts"?? dh & i will be travelling with our 4 kiddos, 12,9,3 and 9 months so there is definitely an age difference between the older 2 and younger 2, but we don't want the older ones to miss out on anything....our motto "divide and conquer"

are cabanas worth it? what is the cost? thinking it might be helpful with the two little ones to get them in the shade?

thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: