Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #1291
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmix71 View Post
Is there a place or method by which guests at the Polynesian can print something off the internet? Explanation: We may order tickets online for Universal Studios and print the e-tickets. We are not 100% if we will go to Universal, but if we do we would like to order beforehand.

Also, if there is a charge for wifi use, how much is the cost?

Thanks!
I don't know of a place to print, but the concierge can help set that up for you. Also WiFi is free, you just have to agree to their terms every time you reconnect to it.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #1292
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmix71 View Post
Is there a place or method by which guests at the Polynesian can print something off the internet? Explanation: We may order tickets online for Universal Studios and print the e-tickets. We are not 100% if we will go to Universal, but if we do we would like to order beforehand.

Also, if there is a charge for wifi use, how much is the cost?

Thanks!
The best bet to print off the Internet is to go to contemporary resort business center. There is not a wifi enabled printer at the poly. So even if you get on the Internet there would be no printer to print to. so contemporary would be your best bet.
If you are going to buy universal park tickets online, you can pick them up at will call at universal gate.

As venomhatch said wifi is free.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #1293
plwheel
Earning My Ears

Couldn't resist ... we're heading back to Poly Aug 25 - Sept 3

We spent 9 days at the Poly last year, had a great time but fully intended not to go back to Disney this year. Well, we booked the same time this year and for the first time have free dining. We had so much fun last year and are looking forward to relaxing at the resort more this year. Can't wait!

The Poly's not perfect but it's such a great experience ... we felt like we were on vacation somewhere relaxing, tropical, and isn't that's what it's all about? I feel sorry for the people who pick a Holiday Inn or a regular hotel ... Disney does such a nice job delivering a fully immersive experience.

We spent so much time hanging at the Great Ceremonial House that we only purchased 7 day tickets this time instead of tickets for the full 9 day. Can't wait to get back to the Poly. I'll post some pictures from last year soon.

I'm curious if there are any reports of new things to do since last year...is the new Fantasyland open? New/revamped rides? What's the new drink sensation and the new food sensation? Have they updated the menu at Captain Cook's? It got old quickly, but we loved Kona Island sushi and Kona grill.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #1294
wish_upon_a_star35
Mouseketeer

Is there a place at the Poly where we can see the fireworks at M.K.? Someone recommended watching the fireworks at the beach at the Poly?

We are staying at the beach club. I have ressies for CRT at 9:25 one evening and we will miss the fireworks due to this ressie. We only have three park days and I am trying to fit everything in!

Any help would be awesome!

My PTR Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35960268

We're home! Our June TR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502990

We are REALLY going to the castle!! A May 2012 Trip Report!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927349
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #1295
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwheel View Post
We spent 9 days at the Poly last year, had a great time but fully intended not to go back to Disney this year. Well, we booked the same time this year and for the first time have free dining. We had so much fun last year and are looking forward to relaxing at the resort more this year. Can't wait!

The Poly's not perfect but it's such a great experience ... we felt like we were on vacation somewhere relaxing, tropical, and isn't that's what it's all about? I feel sorry for the people who pick a Holiday Inn or a regular hotel ... Disney does such a nice job delivering a fully immersive experience.

We spent so much time hanging at the Great Ceremonial House that we only purchased 7 day tickets this time instead of tickets for the full 9 day. Can't wait to get back to the Poly. I'll post some pictures from last year soon.

I'm curious if there are any reports of new things to do since last year...is the new Fantasyland open? New/revamped rides? What's the new drink sensation and the new food sensation? Have they updated the menu at Captain Cook's? It got old quickly, but we loved Kona Island sushi and Kona grill.
Part of the new Fantasyland opened just a week ago and a little more should open by the time you go. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish_upon_a_star35 View Post
Is there a place at the Poly where we can see the fireworks at M.K.? Someone recommended watching the fireworks at the beach at the Poly?

We are staying at the beach club. I have ressies for CRT at 9:25 one evening and we will miss the fireworks due to this ressie. We only have three park days and I am trying to fit everything in!

Any help would be awesome!
Yes you can watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Or you can watch it from the observation deck at the Contemporary. There are a few locations you can view it from!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #1296
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Part of the new Fantasyland opened just a week ago and a little more should open by the time you go. Everything else is pretty much the same.
To expand on what pricssdisnygina said, Dumbo (one spinner), the Great Goofini (re-themed Barnstormer) and the Fantasyland roundhouse train station are now open. The Little Mermaid and the Beauty & the Beast section are supposed to be open later in 2012, but there are no definite dates yet.
There's some great pictures on these blogs:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...t_opening.html

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwil...yland_e_1.html

Can't wait to see it! And really hoping that Be Our Guest Restaurant is open for our visit in late October!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #1297
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Can someone who has stayed Club Level at Poly recently give me an update on the morning snacks and mid-day snacks or evening snacks? We are doing Hoop Dee Do and Luau so we won't even be there for two of the four nights of snacks. Just more curious about mid-day snacks.

I read some really bad reviews on allears.net and I can't decide if I want to switch to regular garden view from club level.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #1298
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaker375 View Post
Hi there,

I'm considering booking the Poly for a short Anniversary trip for 3 or 4 nights.

Thought about doing CL but budget limits us to Garden View CL.

Has anybody stayed GV CL before at POLY? How "bad" is the view?

It adds an extra $400 on to the room charges. I was thinking of then getting rid of the Dining Plan.

Thoughts or advice are most welcome!!
This was our CL GV room last May ...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #1299
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
Can someone who has stayed Club Level at Poly recently give me an update on the morning snacks and mid-day snacks or evening snacks? We are doing Hoop Dee Do and Luau so we won't even be there for two of the four nights of snacks. Just more curious about mid-day snacks.

I read some really bad reviews on allears.net and I can't decide if I want to switch to regular garden view from club level.

Thoughts??

Thanks!
This is usually the offerings (from Tikiman's website):

Kakahiaka (morning service) 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. offering muffins and pastries, tropical fruit, cereal, milk, orange juice, pineapple guava juice, ice tea, coffee drinks and hot chocolate from the new coffee machine, glass bottles of water, and toasters are available. Yogurt available as well as other items by request. Just ask at the counter.

Auinala (afternoon service) 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. offering fruit juice, bottled water, soda, ice tea, cookies, tropical fruit, and candys such as gummi sharks.

Ahiahi (evening service) 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. offering different themes each day.

Monday evening offerings
• California sushi roll
• Vegetable sushi roll
• Wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce
• Kona salad*
• Variety of three cheeses served with fruits and berries
• Pineapple with caramel dip*
• Hummus and pita bread
• Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
• Assortment of crudite individually served with ranch dip
Baby carrots with tops, cucumbers and celery

Tuesday evening offerings
• Pork Skewers with Luau BBQ sauce*
• Fried vegetable wrap with Tzatziki sauce*
• Chilled Banana and coconut soup*
• Hummus and pita bread

Wednesday evening offerings
• Kona sticky wings
• Steamed Pork dumplings with sweet chili sauce*
• Luau salad served with mixed greens, mandarin oranges and mango poppy seed dressing
• Hummus and pita bread

Thursday evening offerings
• Vegetable spring rolls with oriental hot mustard*
• Crab rangoons with sweet chili sauce*
• Chilled canapιs*
• Hummus and pita bread

Friday evening offerings
• Bacon wrapped ginger chicken with sweet chili sauce*
• Cocktail meatballs with ‘Ohana mustard sauce and BBQ sauce*
• Kim Chee*
• Hummus and pita bread

Saturday evening offerings
• Barbecue pulled pork on Asian spoon
• Scallop bacon wraps with ‘Ohana mustard sauce*
• Chilled pineapple vegetable soup*
• Hummus and pita bread

Sunday evening offerings
• Chicken satay with teriyaki sauce*
• Steamed duck pot stickers with cream soy sauce*
• Asian spoon cole slaw
• Hummus and pita bread

Aumoe (late evening service) 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. offering wine and cheese as well as cordials and desserts.

Sodas and water are usually available 24 hours. A selection of beer and wine is also available by request.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #1300
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post

Thoughts??

Thanks!
Afternoon snacks are usually cookies and something like gummy bears or goldfish crackers. Nothing extravagant.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #1301
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Ticker check. Can't sleep! Too excited!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #1302
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
Ticker check. Can't sleep! Too excited!
You are going to be veeeerry tired if you can't sleep cause the excitement of leaving for Disney! 2 months is a long time to stay awake!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #1303
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
You are going to be veeeerry tired if you can't sleep cause the excitement of leaving for Disney! 2 months is a long time to stay awake!
I know!
Well, I have started my packing practice and I am also making my daughter a few nice things to wear and the boys some new t-shirts. Plus, my B and SIL are headed down next month so I am giddy for them too! I can't help myself!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #1304
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Okay so we have been slow!!

Here is a pic of my DD14 enjoying the view from our balcony last year!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #1305
kellyf2626
DIS Veteran

Some pics from my trip to the Poly 2 weeks ago! The quality isn't great because they were all taken with my phone...but some good shots!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: