Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #1276
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I wanna make my ADR's but I have to wait 3 more days!
:s ad1:

Just venting.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #1277
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I wanna make my ADR's but I have to wait 3 more days!
:s ad1:

Just venting.
Time always goes by so slowly in the events leading up to a Disney trip, but then when you're there, it flies by!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1278
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

So, DH and I are on a mini vacation with DD to celebrate her first "spring break" (she is in Pre-K)

We are staying at a Crowne Plaza (not even a very nice one) and she was freaking out (excited) about the elevator, using a key card and just the room in general. You would think that we have never been anywhere......I think she is just getting to an age where she understands what a vacation really is.

We are heading to a Great Wolf Lodge for tonight so she will REALLY get a kick out of that.

Anyway, the entire time, DH and I are smiling from ear to ear because of the upcoming Disney trip. If she thinks this is nice, then the Poly will blow her mind.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1279
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliserose View Post
I just booked our first night dinner at Kona too. We will go to MK when we get there (around 12), and then stay till dinner time. I was going to book in MK, but wasn't thrilled about the choices and heard a lot of good things about Kona.
that is what time we will get to the Poly. SO, we planned to do the same...head to MK and then back to the resort at 7 for dinner (Kona) to get settled in and check out the Electrical Parade & fireworks.

I decided to skip Crystal Palace that night. DD (age 5) might be too tired to enjoy it and too cranky to spend time with Pooh and friends.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1280
kellyf2626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
So, DH and I are on a mini vacation with DD to celebrate her first "spring break" (she is in Pre-K)

We are staying at a Crowne Plaza (not even a very nice one) and she was freaking out (excited) about the elevator, using a key card and just the room in general. You would think that we have never been anywhere......I think she is just getting to an age where she understands what a vacation really is.

We are heading to a Great Wolf Lodge for tonight so she will REALLY get a kick out of that.

Anyway, the entire time, DH and I are smiling from ear to ear because of the upcoming Disney trip. If she thinks this is nice, then the Poly will blow her mind.
That is so cute!! I remember on our trip to WDW this past fall, my 4-year old was sooooooo excited with the signs on Disney property (ya know, the purple and black ones with the Mickey ears everywhere) it was adorable! We were like, just wait until he gets OUT of the car, lol! Such a fun age! Have a blast at GWL....we don't live near one but they look amazing!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #1281
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Time always goes by so slowly in the events leading up to a Disney trip, but then when you're there, it flies by!!
So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post

Are you talking about Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos? If so my hair dresser loves to take her little one there

Your DD is going to the Poly

Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #1282
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Ahh been so long since I have been on the board here.. Just got back from a family trip to Puerto Rico. We had a great time! But sooo different from our Disney trips. I did so little planning beforehand - having some ideas - but generally jsut "winging" it! That is SO unlike my Disney mindset. On the plane ride how I was already starting to plan our next Poly/Disney trip in my mind! Probably late next April or early May! Never too early to start planning - right?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #1283
dbaker375
Mouseketeer

Considering Poly CL; need advice

Hi there,

I'm considering booking the Poly for a short Anniversary trip for 3 or 4 nights.

Thought about doing CL but budget limits us to Garden View CL.

Has anybody stayed GV CL before at POLY? How "bad" is the view?

It adds an extra $400 on to the room charges. I was thinking of then getting rid of the Dining Plan.

Thoughts or advice are most welcome!!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #1284
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaker375 View Post
Hi there,

I'm considering booking the Poly for a short Anniversary trip for 3 or 4 nights.

It adds an extra $400 on to the room charges. I was thinking of then getting rid of the Dining Plan.

I have stayed GV CL. I loved it! Of course I love TPV CL better but who wouldn't? BUT... let me say this... IF you aren't going to utilize the food/snacks/beverages that are offered on a daily basis and are going to spend most of your time at the parks I would NOT give up the dining plan just to stay CL. I think the dining plan will be much better for you. And with a short trip you may not get to enjoy it as much. I love CL but for a short trip I wouldn't do it unless I was going to spend time there!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #1285
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi there,

Hmm.. There really is not a "bad" view in CL. There is a couple rooms that have a tree or a bush directly in front of the patio door. But if I were staying CL garden view I would ASK for those rooms. I like my privacy.

I would not cancel the dining plan. Maybe downgrade to QS dining instead of regular dining! We are trying it this year, not because of the minuscule offerings in CL but I think we will do better paying OOP for TS meals and letting the teen monsters graze on QS plan. I will let you know.
CL Hawaii building is in a great location and the staff is fabulous! That is why we stay CL.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #1286
dbaker375
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice!

I was thinking that a good breakfast would hold us over until the afternoon snacks and then pay OOP for a dinner. We really only need one nice TS dinner for our anniversary which also happens to be DH birthday. So, that's where my thought process was going as to not doing the dining plan and going CL.

MY DH is not a big Park fan, so, I envision us doing the pool and relaxing just as much as the Parks. So, that's also a reason why I was thinking CL was because of the location of the Hawaii longhouse.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #1287
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!

I was thinking that a good breakfast would hold us over until the afternoon snacks and then pay OOP for a dinner. We really only need one nice TS dinner for our anniversary which also happens to be DH birthday. So, that's where my thought process was going as to not doing the dining plan and going CL.

MY DH is not a big Park fan, so, I envision us doing the pool and relaxing just as much as the Parks. So, that's also a reason why I was thinking CL was because of the location of the Hawaii longhouse.
I think you are going in the right direction! Kind of sad your DH is not a park fan! I could not imagine waking up and not running to the park for the rest of the day! Gotta be there.. MK EP HS AK.. it doesn't matter which one!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #1288
dbaker375
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
I think you are going in the right direction! Kind of sad your DH is not a park fan! I could not imagine waking up and not running to the park for the rest of the day! Gotta be there.. MK EP HS AK.. it doesn't matter which one!
I KNOW! I am a Park person all the way! Rope drop even!!!
Had to learn how to take an afternoon break! I'm hoping that this trip just the two of us will help him learn to embrace and love the Magic! Right now he just tolerates it.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #1289
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I KNOW! I am a Park person all the way! Rope drop even!!!
Had to learn how to take an afternoon break! I'm hoping that this trip just the two of us will help him learn to embrace and love the Magic! Right now he just tolerates it.
Poly will do it for him! If he wants to hang at the resort.. You might want to look at renting a private cabana for half or all day. The regular cabanas are like a 5 minute walk to TTC or Hawaii building! If your husband asks CL staff in the lounge they will give him free beer all day! He just has to ask and he gets up to two beers at a time all day! The longboard beer is pretty good!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #1290
trailmix71
Earning My Ears

Media room at Polynesian

Is there a place or method by which guests at the Polynesian can print something off the internet? Explanation: We may order tickets online for Universal Studios and print the e-tickets. We are not 100% if we will go to Universal, but if we do we would like to order beforehand.

Also, if there is a charge for wifi use, how much is the cost?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: