Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #1246
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
Just booked CL at Poly for May. We've stayed at Poly before but never CL. Can someone tell me if the menu linked from one of the first pages is still correct? It's from 2009. We aren't planning on using CL as our evening dinner. But, we are traveling with my parents who are less adventurous eaters so I want to plan heavier dinners on nights when they might find the CL offerings too exotic..... LOL!
We stayed CL in October and the menu posted looks pretty much like the offerings they had when we were there. I haven't heard that it has changed since then.

I hope you all enjoy your CL stay! We were so happy to have the lounge just to drop by for snacks or have some extra space to spread out and relax (last Oct. was our first CL stay and we are definitely heading back this year)

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
Old 03-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #1247
kellyf2626
DIS Veteran

Also, If you purchase your annual pass prior to arriving (I'm 99% sure) you will get a voucher in the mail which you will then have to turn-in to guest relations to get your AP. It will "begin" the first time you enter the parks, not the date you purchased it online.
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #1248
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
Just curious on opinions. We are doing an Annual Pass this year. Should I buy it in advance or just wait until we get there in June and buy it in person? Never done AP before so I don't know if it matters.

Thanks
Undercover tourist is a great place to get your tickets. We purchased our passes before our trip because I wanted to access the Passholder site. I was working on planning 2 trips. If all your plans are set I don't see any reason not to upgrade when you get there. If you are booked with an Ap rate. They may ask you to show your Ap within 24 hours. At least this is what I have heard I have never actually had a Cm ask me to show my Ap.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1249
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I like to buy my ticket from Undercover Tourist and then upgrade it this way I get a discount on it. Just make sure to use the ticket at least once before upgrading, and to upgrade before you use up all the days on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Undercover tourist is a great place to get your tickets. We purchased our passes before our trip because I wanted to access the Passholder site. I was working on planning 2 trips. If all your plans are set I don't see any reason not to upgrade when you get there. If you are booked with an Ap rate. They may ask you to show your Ap within 24 hours. At least this is what I have heard I have never actually had a Cm ask me to show my Ap.
Thanks for the reply guys

I am booked with a regular late spring offer for a room only discount. So if I buy a regular ticket package to save a couple of $$ then when I get there I just upgrade to an AP at that time, correct? I assume that upgrade can be done at any of the parks, right?

Sorry for all the question, lol.
Thanks so much!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #1250
brajfamily
Mousketeer

Curious to know about the pool closure. Considering switching from BC to Poly but want to make sure the pool slide is open. Does anyone have an update? Thanks!

April 2013 - BC, April 2012 - BC, July 2011 - BC, Feb 2011 - BC, Nov 2010 - OLCC, June 2010 - OLCC, April 2010 - Poly, April 2009 - CBR, Feb 2009 - Poly, April 2008 - Pop, April 2007 - OLCC, March 2006 - OLCC, April 2003 - OLCC, April 2001 - CBR, April 2000 - off-site
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #1251
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am booked with a regular late spring offer for a room only discount. So if I buy a regular ticket package to save a couple of $$ then when I get there I just upgrade to an AP at that time, correct? I assume that upgrade can be done at any of the parks, right?

Thanks so much!
Yes you can upgrade at guest services, but make sure you use the tickets at least once if your buying discouted tickets through Undercover tourist.

Have you checked to see if the Ap rate is better than the Spring rate. The old Ap rate was 30% off the Poly I am not sure what the new one is.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #1252
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We've never stayed at GF...this is actually our first time at the Poly too (split with BC ) we've never actually stayed deluxe before, so I figure it's gotta be at least as good as where we've stayed previously (values and 1 mod), right??? but, even on tripadvisor you can find reports of roaches and poor room conditions...I never know whether to take reports seriously or not, so again, I'm just going to go for it now while I've got a good price and then I'll know for myself. And if it's downright awful, Disney will move you.
Well, those reports of roaches are probably the palmetto bug which I also mis-identified (see Poly page...so long ago i can't remember ). Anyway, I did see one in my Poly room in October but just once. And we were in a 1st floor room. I have stayed first floor at the Poly 3x and just saw that one. It freaked me out but thank god it wasn't a roach!

And as for poor room conditions, there are certainly items that might be considered poor and if you find them, CALL the front desk. They'll send maintenance or whomever to handle it and if they don't, you can always ask for another room. The biggest issue I ever had with one of the rooms is that one of the outlets didn't work but there were plenty of others around to plug my techie stuff. The other item I've noticed is the peeling paint in the corner of the bathroom near the shower. Well, that is inevitable in a humid bathroom in humid Florida. And it isn't a huge amount of it. Other than that, I've had worse wear and tear in 'nice' hotels around the country. I've stayed a ton of places all over the world and what you are paying for is LOCATION. Yup, you can find some fabulous hotel that gives you a 1 bedroom suite with pristine new linens for the same price as rack rate at the Poly...in some far off nook of some state or country But it isn't going to be located a monorail away from the Magic Kingdom

With all that said, the rooms are still the biggest at WDW (on property and not DVC) and are nice - and the Poly is fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-hokie View Post
Hello, we are checking in to the Poly in 21 days! This will be our 3rd stay there since 2009 (last year was CBR).

I've never used on-line check in. Is it better to just wait and check in at the resort to help with our room requests?

We made the request for a certain longhouse, with a balcony, and connecting rooms (2 rooms on separate res.) I plan to fax in the requests the week before, and I know there is no guarantee.

Any advice about checking in on-line vs in person is much appreciated.

thanks!
Here is a never-ending debate. People have had such different experiences. I personally have used on-line check in ever since they started it and have gotten all my room requests and a quick check in - but only at the Poly. When I used it at WLV, it didn't help much. I'll probably continue to use it and I always call a week prior and make sure they have my room requests noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyf2626 View Post
Also, If you purchase your annual pass prior to arriving (I'm 99% sure) you will get a voucher in the mail which you will then have to turn-in to guest relations to get your AP. It will "begin" the first time you enter the parks, not the date you purchased it online.
Ugh, I had a bad experience. I called Disney several times and they said that once I bought the AP, it was good from the PURCHASE date and not the first use date. Even though I heard so much else on the DIS. Even the Disney website isn't clear. So I'm not buying an AP in advance - I'm picking mine up when I get there. And even though I'm sure that the DISers are right and I just got stuck talking to those CMs that aren't clear, I was not going to chance it.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #1253
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
Curious to know about the pool closure. Considering switching from BC to Poly but want to make sure the pool slide is open. Does anyone have an update? Thanks!
Apparently the slide is up and running! If anyone agrees or disagrees, chime in anytime!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #1254
cassiopia419
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post

We were there last week and it was open, although we didn't use it. They were doing work on top of the volcano/the outside, but the slide was open during regular hours (starting at 10am).
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #1255
brajfamily
Mousketeer

Thanks everyone! I love Disboards.....all my questions are always answered....and the answers are correct!!!!

April 2013 - BC, April 2012 - BC, July 2011 - BC, Feb 2011 - BC, Nov 2010 - OLCC, June 2010 - OLCC, April 2010 - Poly, April 2009 - CBR, Feb 2009 - Poly, April 2008 - Pop, April 2007 - OLCC, March 2006 - OLCC, April 2003 - OLCC, April 2001 - CBR, April 2000 - off-site
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #1256
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

SO excited! Got to book all of our dining this morning! 180 days until my birthday trip! TPV CL baby! Here I come!! I got everything I wanted! YAY! Can't wait to return to my home away from home!

On a side note... actually going the first week of May with the BFF but we are staying in the new Royal rooms but I can't complain... excited to go to Disney at anytime!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #1257
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Well, those reports of roaches are probably the palmetto bug which I also mis-identified (see Poly page...so long ago i can't remember ). Anyway, I did see one in my Poly room in October but just once. And we were in a 1st floor room. I have stayed first floor at the Poly 3x and just saw that one. It freaked me out but thank god it wasn't a roach!

And as for poor room conditions, there are certainly items that might be considered poor and if you find them, CALL the front desk. They'll send maintenance or whomever to handle it and if they don't, you can always ask for another room. The biggest issue I ever had with one of the rooms is that one of the outlets didn't work but there were plenty of others around to plug my techie stuff. The other item I've noticed is the peeling paint in the corner of the bathroom near the shower. Well, that is inevitable in a humid bathroom in humid Florida. And it isn't a huge amount of it. Other than that, I've had worse wear and tear in 'nice' hotels around the country. I've stayed a ton of places all over the world and what you are paying for is LOCATION. Yup, you can find some fabulous hotel that gives you a 1 bedroom suite with pristine new linens for the same price as rack rate at the Poly...in some far off nook of some state or country But it isn't going to be located a monorail away from the Magic Kingdom

With all that said, the rooms are still the biggest at WDW (on property and not DVC) and are nice - and the Poly is fabulous!

Here is a never-ending debate. People have had such different experiences. I personally have used on-line check in ever since they started it and have gotten all my room requests and a quick check in - but only at the Poly. When I used it at WLV, it didn't help much. I'll probably continue to use it and I always call a week prior and make sure they have my room requests noted.

Ugh, I had a bad experience. I called Disney several times and they said that once I bought the AP, it was good from the PURCHASE date and not the first use date. Even though I heard so much else on the DIS. Even the Disney website isn't clear. So I'm not buying an AP in advance - I'm picking mine up when I get there. And even though I'm sure that the DISers are right and I just got stuck talking to those CMs that aren't clear, I was not going to chance it.
I would listen to the Dis'rs. If you buy them ahead of time all they send you is a voucher which you exchange for your Ap's at guest services. The Ap's are active the first time you use them. I bought mine in Febuary of 2011 they expire May 14 2012. I bet you can guess what our first day of use was last year. This is another great example of the Cm's not knowing the company's policies. Just for fun call 5 times and ask how many rooms you can book with an Ap. I bet you get a different answer everytime.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #1258
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post

I would listen to the Dis'rs. If you buy them ahead of time all they send you is a voucher which you exchange for your Ap's at guest services. The Ap's are active the first time you use them. I bought mine in Febuary of 2011 they expire May 14 2012. I bet you can guess what our first day of use was last year. This is another great example of the Cm's not knowing the company's policies. Just for fun call 5 times and ask how many rooms you can book with an Ap. I bet you get a different answer everytime.
Okay here's how it works!! I know for sure cause I just did it!!

When you buy and pay for AP online you get a voucher/coupon.. These are not active and you do not get ap number to use for room rate discount.

BUT if you call and tell them you will be purchasing AP before you check in to your hotel.. You will be able to book/change your reservation at the AP rate of 40% off. They will ask for your AP at check in.. But you can just go to MK and cash in your voucher/coupon that you purchased for the real thing. Your AP WILL start on the day you get the real one at MK.. No sooner, no later than that date. Or you can take your tickets that you purchased with your reservation and upgrade them for AP'S and the same deal applies. If you buy your AP's outright (not online but direct in person from Disney) then they will start the day you purchased them.

I know this is how it works because that is exactly what we did! So get on the phone and change that reservation to the AP rate!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #1259
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Your absolutley right!! We did not "call" we did actual purchase online and we we're emailed a Voucher/coupon. And it states AP it will not be active until we get our actual AP at an authorized Disney location.

One thing everyone should know!!!

The AP'S you purchase online MUST be picked up using the ORIGINAL credit cards that was used online!! So you will have a really hard time if you lose the original card that you made the purchase with!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #1260
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Okay here's how it works!! I know for sure cause I just did it!!

When you buy and pay for AP online you get a voucher/coupon.. These are not active and you do not get ap number to use for room rate discount.

BUT if you call and tell them you will be purchasing AP before you check in to your hotel.. You will be able to book/change your reservation at the AP rate of 40% off. They will ask for your AP at check in.. But you can just go to MK and cash in your voucher/coupon that you purchased for the real thing. Your AP WILL start on the day you get the real one at MK.. No sooner, no later than that date. Or you can take your tickets that you purchased with your reservation and upgrade them for AP'S and the same deal applies. If you buy your AP's outright (not online but direct in person from Disney) then they will start the day you purchased them.

I know this is how it works because that is exactly what we did! So get on the phone and change that reservation to the AP rate!
Cool Beans and Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to call and check the difference in my current res vs AP discount today.

Aww Shucks....looks like I'll have to listen to Disney hold music today, lol. JK- is it wrong that a few weeks back when they released free dining I called in and listened to the hold music for an hour while I cleaned my kitchen and picked up the house? I'm pathetic... I know, lol.

Thanks again for all the help

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: