Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #1231
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Thanks for posting that. We normally stay YC CL which I LOVE and really liked BWI CL too. So first stay at Poly ever and honestly never thought I would stay but DD13 asked to do a split stay there with Poly and BC CL on the back end of the trip. I am really picky though about a room condition. I know others could care less but it is a real hang up for me and hece my being nervous over the reports. I too got a great pin and feel like now or never but have read so much GOOD on GF lately...ever stay theree???
We have stayed at all the deluxes except GF, and I think the Poly rooms are the nicest. The only room I have not liked is Wl. I think people expect more from the Poly because of the price. I am sure that people that don't do a lot of research think because of the price they are going to be getting something comparable to the Waldorf. To be honest I don't think any of deluxe resorts at Disney live up to the price they ask. I have never had a room that was in bad condition, but I have never walked into a room and gone "WOW". If your happy with the rooms at Yc I think you will be fine with the Poly rooms.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1232
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
We have stayed at all the deluxes except GF, and I think the Poly rooms are the nicest. The only room I have not liked is Wl. I think people expect more from the Poly because of the price. I am sure that people that don't do a lot of research think because of the price they are going to be getting something comparable to the Waldorf. To be honest I don't think any of deluxe resorts at Disney live up to the price they ask. I have never had a room that was in bad condition, but I have never walked into a room and gone "WOW". If your happy with the rooms at Yc I think you will be fine with the Poly rooms.
Thank you. I love YC. They had a refurb a few years back new carpet, mattresses, linens etc. I loved it. VERY CLEAN looking and very well kept. I am not getting that vibe from the Poly depending on the longhouse and that will bother me...I am not after Ritz carlton at WDW but I really do want GREAT EXCELLENT CONDITION rooms....ugh..this is hard. Thanks for the reply though.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #1233
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. I love YC. They had a refurb a few years back new carpet, mattresses, linens etc. I loved it. VERY CLEAN looking and very well kept. I am not getting that vibe from the Poly depending on the longhouse and that will bother me...I am not after Ritz carlton at WDW but I really do want GREAT EXCELLENT CONDITION rooms....ugh..this is hard. Thanks for the reply though.
I can only say my rooms have been in great condition. We have stayed there 3 times. I have been told by cm's that the Poly has the most repeat customers. If the rooms were that bad I don't think that would be the case. The only way your going to know is to give it a try.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #1234
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have friends who have stayed at all of the Disney deluxes and hands down, the Poly is their favorite!!! And they are picky people, so that recommendation goes a along way with me. And, the owner of my youngest DDs daycare goes twice a year and always stays at Poly, most recently last month, and they have no complaints about room condition, and they've stayed in a bunch of different buildings on Poly property...last month they stayed in Rapa Nui.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #1235
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We have friends who have stayed at all of the Disney deluxes and hands down, the Poly is their favorite!!! And they are picky people, so that recommendation goes a along way with me. And, the owner of my youngest DDs daycare goes twice a year and always stays at Poly, most recently last month, and they have no complaints about room condition, and they've stayed in a bunch of different buildings on Poly property...last month they stayed in Rapa Nui.
I have never stayed at a Waldorf, but my dh has several time in New York city. He prefers the Poly. I think the Poly has a certain charm that you can't put your finger on. I have been to Hawaii several times, and I still prefer the Poly over the resorts there. As I am typing this I am wondering why the heck I only booked 5 nights of my vacation at the Poly. I think I'll go to bed early tonight so I can think about this some more tomorrow. I am way overdue for a change.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #1236
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I have never stayed at a Waldorf, but my dh has several time in New York city. He prefers the Poly. I think the Poly has a certain charm that you can't put your finger on. I have been to Hawaii several times, and I still prefer the Poly over the resorts there. As I am typing this I am wondering why the heck I only booked 5 nights of my vacation at the Poly. I think I'll go to bed early tonight so I can think about this some more tomorrow. I am way overdue for a change.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue, lol!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #1237
Trippinbillys
Earning My Ears

Smile How Do I....

This is my first post but I have been reading for a while now! We are gearing up for our 2nd trip at the Poly in May. We are staying 10 days so I have ADR's at the Wilderness Lodge as well as the AKL to go check out other resorts. I was wondering how do I get there from the Poly? Will we walk to the TTC and catch a bus to the resort or are there other ways? Thanks for any words of wisdom you have!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #1238
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Thanks everyone. You all helped. I am resting easy. Sticking iwth the poly! And you are so right - I won't know if it is for me unless I try it! Looking forward to it and done fretting!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #1239
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippinbillys View Post
This is my first post but I have been reading for a while now! We are gearing up for our 2nd trip at the Poly in May. We are staying 10 days so I have ADR's at the Wilderness Lodge as well as the AKL to go check out other resorts. I was wondering how do I get there from the Poly? Will we walk to the TTC and catch a bus to the resort or are there other ways? Thanks for any words of wisdom you have!
I don't believe that the buses from the TTC go to any resort. To get to WL, you could 1) take a taxi 2) take monorail to CR and then boat to WL 3) get to MK either by monorail or boat, and then transfer to either a WL bus or boat.

For the AK, you would need to either 1) take a taxi or 2) get to a park, MK would likely be quickest via monorail and then get on the bus to AKL from there.

Hope that helps!

PAST TRIPS:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #1240
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Club Level Food Question

Just booked CL at Poly for May. We've stayed at Poly before but never CL. Can someone tell me if the menu linked from one of the first pages is still correct? It's from 2009. We aren't planning on using CL as our evening dinner. But, we are traveling with my parents who are less adventurous eaters so I want to plan heavier dinners on nights when they might find the CL offerings too exotic..... LOL!

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #1241
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippinbillys View Post

Congrats on your first post! If you have lots of leisure time leading up to your ADR at WL, you could use the water launch from Poly to MK to WL. It is circuituous, but kind of fun. If you want to just get there, you could take a taxi, or head over to TTC and take a bus. Same for AKL.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #1242
mc-hokie
Earning My Ears

On-line check in and room requests

Hello, we are checking in to the Poly in 21 days! This will be our 3rd stay there since 2009 (last year was CBR).

I've never used on-line check in. Is it better to just wait and check in at the resort to help with our room requests?

We made the request for a certain longhouse, with a balcony, and connecting rooms (2 rooms on separate res.) I plan to fax in the requests the week before, and I know there is no guarantee.

Any advice about checking in on-line vs in person is much appreciated.

thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #1243
kellyf2626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-hokie View Post
Hello, we are checking in to the Poly in 21 days! This will be our 3rd stay there since 2009 (last year was CBR).

I've never used on-line check in. Is it better to just wait and check in at the resort to help with our room requests?

We made the request for a certain longhouse, with a balcony, and connecting rooms (2 rooms on separate res.) I plan to fax in the requests the week before, and I know there is no guarantee.

Any advice about checking in on-line vs in person is much appreciated.

thanks!
The good thing about checking-in online is that you can re-state your requests again (I think you can pick two from the list) so that in addition to seeing the requests on your original ressie and on your fax, they will see it on the online check-in as well. I would make sure to list them in the order that you want them...so if adjoining rooms is your 1st priority, list that first.

When we checked in last week, I used online check-in but they didn't see my requests. The CM was great in that they were able to fulfill my requests, but I just had to wait for my room a bit longer (which was fine by me! Pina Colava's by the pool sounded good! ) and they fulfilled both.

Have a blast!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #1244
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Just curious on opinions. We are doing an Annual Pass this year. Should I buy it in advance or just wait until we get there in June and buy it in person? Never done AP before so I don't know if it matters.

Thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #1245
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
Just curious on opinions. We are doing an Annual Pass this year. Should I buy it in advance or just wait until we get there in June and buy it in person? Never done AP before so I don't know if it matters.

Thanks
I like to buy my ticket from Undercover Tourist and then upgrade it this way I get a discount on it. Just make sure to use the ticket at least once before upgrading, and to upgrade before you use up all the days on it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: