Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #1216
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Well tonight I switched our trip to all 12 nights Poly CL! I'm so excited. I can't wait to be "home".
That sounds amazing! I hope to someday have a stay that long and at Poly CL, how much more perfect can it get?
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #1217
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
That sounds amazing! I hope to someday have a stay that long and at Poly CL, how much more perfect can it get?
It will be my longest stay on property. I'm really excited to just relax in Poly paradise for 13 days.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #1218
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if anyone knows...... Way back in this thread there is a link showing a photo of a bounce back code. Is this valid for everyone or do they change the code from time to time? We are going to Poly in June and doing AP. Not sure if I should try to book a bounce back when we are there (if that code pictured would work) for our November trip or if I should just hold tight and see what if any AP discounts come out for November.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1219
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows...... Way back in this thread there is a link showing a photo of a bounce back code. Is this valid for everyone or do they change the code from time to time? We are going to Poly in June and doing AP. Not sure if I should try to book a bounce back when we are there (if that code pictured would work) for our November trip or if I should just hold tight and see what if any AP discounts come out for November.

Any thoughts? Thanks
The bounce backs do change periodically. The current one may or may not still be in effect when you are there in June. If the current BB is still in effect and the dates work you should definitely book it - 35% off it a great discount! (you can always change to the AP discount when it comes out, but I doubt it would be better) If there is no flyer in your room just call the BB extension - 8844 - while you are still at the Poly to find out what the current offer is. Good luck!

ETA: if you search in the Discounts thread (stickied at the top of the Resorts forum) you should be able to find the dates that the current bounce back is good for

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 03-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #1220
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
The bounce backs do change periodically. The current one may or may not still be in effect when you are there in June. If the current BB is still in effect and the dates work you should definitely book it - 35% off it a great discount! (you can always change to the AP discount when it comes out, but I doubt it would be better) If there is no flyer in your room just call the BB extension - 8844 - while you are still at the Poly to find out what the current offer is. Good luck!

ETA: if you search in the Discounts thread (stickied at the top of the Resorts forum) you should be able to find the dates that the current bounce back is good for
Thanks for the reply I did check the bounce back dates and they do work for me. It will be the week before Thanksgiving. This June is our 1st trip to Poly but since DH will have conferences to attend and will miss out on some of the time I really want to try to book @ Poly again so he can enjoy it as much as we are going to.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #1221
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
I noticed you are celebrating your DD's birthday, How old is your DD gonna be?

We are celebrating our DD17 skipping a grade and her HS graduation along with her acceptance to Temple University!!

Sooooo very proud! She said today.."go Owls" (Temple's basketball team) soo kewt!
Congrats on your DD's graduation and acceptance to Temple great college You must be a proud papa

I have two DD's the oldest is 24, she and DH have graduated college, bought their first home and are making me a grandma for the first time

My youngest DD 17 will turn 18 the end of Sept. Can't take her out of school during her senior year so we are celerating early. Next year will be our trip for high school graduation and college etc.

They grow up so fast don't they.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #1222
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It will be my longest stay on property. I'm really excited to just relax in Poly paradise for 13 days.
Ahhhhh...........lucky girl!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #1223
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
Thanks for the reply I did check the bounce back dates and they do work for me. It will be the week before Thanksgiving. This June is our 1st trip to Poly but since DH will have conferences to attend and will miss out on some of the time I really want to try to book @ Poly again so he can enjoy it as much as we are going to.
You're welcome. Good luck - I hope they are still offering the 35% off when you're there in June!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 03-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #1224
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Have the rooms been updated recently? Our last stay here was Sept 2009. I thought I read they were refurbed at the end of 2010 but i can't find any pics of any rooms looking different

any help or current pics would be appreciated

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #1225
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
Have the rooms been updated recently? Our last stay here was Sept 2009. I thought I read they were refurbed at the end of 2010 but i can't find any pics of any rooms looking different

any help or current pics would be appreciated
According to the Tikiman website, all of the rooms had a soft rehab in 2010. So, the decor didn't change but the soft goods, carpets, bedding, curtains, etc were replaced. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #1226
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
According to the Tikiman website, all of the rooms had a soft rehab in 2010. So, the decor didn't change but the soft goods, carpets, bedding, curtains, etc were replaced. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I pray that is right. Poly is getting panned on trip advisor.....making me nervous for first stay..
DP
Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #1227
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
I pray that is right. Poly is getting panned on trip advisor.....making me nervous for first stay..
Poly gets panned on here from time to time as well. I find that the Poly consistently hovers between a rank of 75-80 on tripadvisor (but I'm not paying attention, lol) I have switched out of my Poly ressies soooo many times because of reviews but I have decided to stick with it this time because 1) we have a great rate and 2) if we went by reviews, we would have never stayed at any of the values - all of which we loved, btw....and CBR gets killed on trip advisor, but we stayed there and while it wasn't our favorite, it wasn't nearly as bad as you read about in those reviews. I don't want someone else's experience keep me from doing what I want to do.

Plus, I think a lot of people pay rack rate at Poly, and based on that, they expect these luxurious accommodations like you would find at the Four Seasons or something, but you know, it's Disney...you don't get that, but peoples expectations aren't met based on the money spent and I think people get mad about that. I expect a clean room, good customer service, and that's all. I think I'll be fine.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #1228
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Poly gets panned on here from time to time as well. I find that the Poly consistently hovers between a rank of 75-80 on tripadvisor (but I'm not paying attention, lol) I have switched out of my Poly ressies soooo many times because of reviews but I have decided to stick with it this time because 1) we have a great rate and 2) if we went by reviews, we would have never stayed at any of the values - all of which we loved, btw....and CBR gets killed on trip advisor, but we stayed there and while it wasn't our favorite, it wasn't nearly as bad as you read about in those reviews. I don't want someone else's experience keep me from doing what I want to do.

Plus, I think a lot of people pay rack rate at Poly, and based on that, they expect these luxurious accommodations like you would find at the Four Seasons or something, but you know, it's Disney...you don't get that, but peoples expectations aren't met based on the money spent and I think people get mad about that. I expect a clean room, good customer service, and that's all. I think I'll be fine.
Thanks for posting that. We normally stay YC CL which I LOVE and really liked BWI CL too. So first stay at Poly ever and honestly never thought I would stay but DD13 asked to do a split stay there with Poly and BC CL on the back end of the trip. I am really picky though about a room condition. I know others could care less but it is a real hang up for me and hece my being nervous over the reports. I too got a great pin and feel like now or never but have read so much GOOD on GF lately...ever stay theree???
DP
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #1229
kellyf2626
DIS Veteran

Love this thread!!!! The pics are amazing!

Excited that we just got back from our first stay at the Poly since I was little and we loved it! We booked a bounce-back for 7 nights in November garden-view club level!!! So excited and can't wait to go back!!!

I agree our room was a bit worn, but was seemed larger as compared to other rooms on property and had all we needed. We were in Samoa which had an awesome location to EVERYTHING. To be able to sit on the beach, and still be just a short walk away from the pool, pool bar, and quick service was awesome. Every morning I would sit on the beach, listen to the sounds of the MK, watch the boats go back and forth, and just soak-in the pure beauty of the Poly!!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #1230
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Thanks for posting that. We normally stay YC CL which I LOVE and really liked BWI CL too. So first stay at Poly ever and honestly never thought I would stay but DD13 asked to do a split stay there with Poly and BC CL on the back end of the trip. I am really picky though about a room condition. I know others could care less but it is a real hang up for me and hece my being nervous over the reports. I too got a great pin and feel like now or never but have read so much GOOD on GF lately...ever stay theree???
We've never stayed at GF...this is actually our first time at the Poly too (split with BC ) we've never actually stayed deluxe before, so I figure it's gotta be at least as good as where we've stayed previously (values and 1 mod), right??? but, even on tripadvisor you can find reports of roaches and poor room conditions...I never know whether to take reports seriously or not, so again, I'm just going to go for it now while I've got a good price and then I'll know for myself. And if it's downright awful, Disney will move you.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: