Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #106
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I have a stupid question I hope someone can answer.

Last year when I was hoping to stay at the Poly there were rumors that they were going to get rid of the splash area and finally put in a hot tub. The year passed by and it never happened. I haven't been around the Poly thread lately so I am curious. Are there any rumors that they will finally get one at the Poly? Also someone at work mentioned they might be redoing the Poly some time soon?

I am determined to stay at the Poly during one of my next two trips but since they are in the winter I was kind of wishing the Poly had the hot tub.

It's not make or break, just would be nice on a chilly evening.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #107
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post

Last year when I was hoping to stay at the Poly there were rumors that they were going to get rid of the splash area and finally put in a hot tub. The year passed by and it never happened. I haven't been around the Poly thread lately so I am curious. Are there any rumors that they will finally get one at the Poly? Also someone at work mentioned they might be redoing the Poly some time soon?

I am determined to stay at the Poly during one of my next two trips but since they are in the winter I was kind of wishing the Poly had the hot tub.

Like you said, it is all just rumors. Until anything is confirmed, I would not base your trip on any rumors. And you can always switch resorts if you want to.

While the Poly does not have a hot tub (or 'spa'), the volcano pool does have a whirlpool section with seating. It is not hotter than the rest of the water in the pool though.

I have to say that I have had no desire to go to Disney in the winter because I like to swim! But if I were, I would also prefer a resort with a hot tub so I understand where you are coming from! Good luck with your decision!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #108
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post

The Poly would not be my resort of choice in the winter. We stayed at BW in October and BC in December. We swam both trips, but the majority of our pool time was spent at the hot tub. It is a nice option on a rainy or chilly day.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #109
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Like you said, it is all just rumors. Until anything is confirmed, I would not base your trip on any rumors. And you can always switch resorts if you want to.

While the Poly does not have a hot tub (or 'spa'), the volcano pool does have a whirlpool section with seating. It is not hotter than the rest of the water in the pool though.

I have to say that I have had no desire to go to Disney in the winter because I like to swim! But if I were, I would also prefer a resort with a hot tub so I understand where you are coming from! Good luck with your decision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
The Poly would not be my resort of choice in the winter. We stayed at BW in October and BC in December. We swam both trips, but the majority of our pool time was spent at the hot tub. It is a nice option on a rainy or chilly day.

Thanks for the replies. The Poly is my dream resort but really isn't the best choice for the colder months. Unfortunately I have no idea when I will be back and am afraid I will never stay there I am thinking of maybe picking the GF for a few nights on the Dec trip so that we can head to the Poly for some meals. Hopefully we'll be back during the summer or fall so we can finally stay there.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #110
momminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
I can guarantee.. It will be a room at the poly..
I bet so.At least I hope so.
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL family trip, 2009 PORS trip with friends, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014,
Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #111
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
So happy to be back on a Poly thread, especially a new one!

We will be back for 6 nights in May/June and 6'ish nights in October. DH actually suggested that we stay at AS-Sports and use the money saved to attend a 2nd MNSSHP in October. I said that *maybe* we could give up theme park view and stay garden view instead...maybe.

A year ago, when our first Poly stay was ahead of us, I joked that I would be spoiled and would never be able to stay anywhere else again. Now that we've been there, I realize how very spoiled I became. I guess there is just something about falling asleep with the lights of the castle shining into my room that makes me wonder if I will ever be able to enjoy any other room at Disney.

Oh how I love you 3410 Tuvalu.
I love your ticker and I am SOOOO jealous that you get to go to Star Wars Weekend!!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #112
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I posted my question to the CL thread, and thought I might get some opinions here, too:

Every time I look at Tripadvisor or AllEars I see a common complaint that the Hawaii rooms are in need of repair and are showing their age. Of course, I've read this about WL and CR, too, and so far, I haven't experienced this, but it doesn't mean that others haven't.

Has anyone been completely satisfied with the cleanliness and state of their Hawaii room? How would you rate the condition of your room and the mousekeeping? Can you tell I had a cleanliness issue with my last Poly stay?!

How efficient were the lounge CMs at replenishing the food? I've read multiple reports that once they run out, they don't replenish the food up until the serving time ends - they just tell the guest that they're "all out." And, I've also read that the KKC lounge can get very crowded and crazy at peak times. Are the CMs able to keep up with the crowds and clean the tables pretty quickly or is it often a mess and hard to find a table?
Okay..here goes,

The poly is dated and worn but it is is lovingly maintained! I believe it is dated due to nastalgia not due to uncaring CM or maintenance crew. The poly is not for everyone. There is GF people., then there's Poly people not that it's a bad thing to be a GF or a Poly person. When someone pay upwards of $600 a night in Virginia beach they would expect GF type of atmosphere.. But at Disney $600 a night is for the Poly or GF.. What I am trying to say is when we arrive at the Poly we expect Tiki torches, laid back village atmosphere with all it's quirks and dings. I wouldn't want it any other way.! When you check in to the GF you expect the grandiose atmosphere of the GF and some wouldn't have it any other way!

If anyone expects the Poly to be perfectly maintained with no painted over Knicks and dings then they will definitely not be happy!

As far as cleanliness of the room.. I have not personally searched the room for dust or grim.. I know if my carpet was dirty or my sheet were not changed I would call the housekeeping manager and have a Personal consultation. If that did'nt resolve my issue I would speak with the general manager.

****warning.. If you are expecting perfection.. The Poly is not for you****

Food- I never really hovered around the lounge when the main items were put out but I have had samples of their offerings. Some people think that the food is supposed to supplement their dining budget.. I guess it does if you like oatmeal a muffin or cold cereal in the morning. But the food is not put out to supplement a meal for dinner. It is put out as a perk. When people abuse it, it becomes very expensive. There was talk about eliminating the food and drinks due to guests abusing it and if they did we would still stay in the Hawaii building. We have actually seen people bringing their own food containers to fill up to take back to their room. We have seen people loading up their cooler with ALL the sodas that we're provided in the fridge. I have and would expect to clean up my OWN FAMILY'S mess after eating what ever they have available lounge. they have a little area by the trash can to deposit the dishes that you use. The lobby is a communal area for CL guest and common courtesy is a must.
These poor CM work verry hard in the lounge and tips are far and few between.

Around serving time there is usually a line but it thins out in about 10 minutes. The lounge is a bit crowded around that time. we just avoid it.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #113
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Crazy week at work and I come back to the Winter Edition closed and a new January 2012 edition.....

Great job Guitarob!!!!!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #114
PreacherMouse
Earning My Ears

Just checked in online. Hope I get my room requests. Pixie dust please....
Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #115
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherMouse View Post
Just checked in online. Hope I get my room requests. Pixie dust please....
I hope you did too! what did you request?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #116
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Ok! I did it! I changed from the WL to the Poly! We are only staying GV this time where as in Dec we were TPV CL. I hope I'm not disappointed! I also didn't make any building requests... what do you think? Should I make a building request or take a chance??

I am excited to be back at the Poly though!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #117
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
That is what I was thinking! I may call and request it. I prefer to be in Hawaii but we are only there 5 nights and saving up for my 3 Disney Cruises coming up! We have Deluxe dining so we will have mugs and lots of food so CL isn't really necessary for us. Neither one of us are drinkers. The only thing I will miss is the lounge and the view. But I can go to the beach!

And I am sure some pixie dust will come your way! Let me know when it does!
I've been thinking of doing a Disney cruise in the Fall. You must be so excited to have 3 coming up! CL would definitely be overkill with DxDDP. We did it once. Now I prefer TIW over any dining plan. It gives us more flexibility which works with the ages of my children (7 years and 10 months).

Thanks for the PD! I will definitely let you know if I hear back.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #118
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok! I did it! I changed from the WL to the Poly! We are only staying GV this time where as in Dec we were TPV CL. I hope I'm not disappointed! I also didn't make any building requests... what do you think? Should I make a building request or take a chance??

I am excited to be back at the Poly though!
I would make a request. I'm picky about locations, though.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #119
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I would make a request. I'm picky about locations, though.
Where would you pick for a GV room and why? LOL... I sound like an interviewer!

Speaking of... did you follow up on that thing I told you about?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #120
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where would you pick for a GV room and why? LOL... I sound like an interviewer!

Speaking of... did you follow up on that thing I told you about?
If I wasn't going to be in Hawaii I would definitely choose Tokelau because of it's close proximity to the GCH and both pools.

I did follow up and I'm just waiting to hear back. I'm hoping for some pixie dust!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: