Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #1051
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
TARA FROM PA
Your trip sounds lovely! I am going to Poly in June for first time and am doing the POLY and BC CL on split stay. I am a die hard BC/YC lover and am nervous for my Poly gig! Silly huh? could you equate the two pools for me - volcano vs. sab in terms of crowds etc? I got a PIN for 35% off Poly so I am trying it for the first time. Also, I am outside of Pgh, PA - saw you were from PA too..thanks Melissa

Great to hear you got a PIN. I have a trip booked for TPV CL at the Poly in October, and am hoping to get a PIN. I have priced trips, ordered a map, and ordered the 2012 planning DVD, but still no PIN. Any advice on getting a PIN?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #1052
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
Great to hear you got a PIN. I have a trip booked for TPV CL at the Poly in October, and am hoping to get a PIN. I have priced trips, ordered a map, and ordered the 2012 planning DVD, but still no PIN. Any advice on getting a PIN?
I call it a PIN but it really wasn't. I had the room booked at 20% spring discount and 35% at BC CL. Ic alled to ask CM if she could make it all BC CL b/c deal was better. She offered me pixie dust and gave me Poly at 35% off. She was awesome!! HEnce my keeping the poly..,

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #1053
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Tara thanks for the review! 149 days for us!!!
Keep on counting down Dani, keep on counting down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am so glad to hear that you had fabulous trip!!!! I saw some of your pics on the Poly pics thread - nice!!! I can't wait until our trip ~ only 128 more days to go!!!
I could NOT stop taking pics at Poly!!! It was so lush & tropical - so different from any other Disney resort I've stayed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
TARA FROM PA
Your trip sounds lovely! I am going to Poly in June for first time and am doing the POLY and BC CL on split stay. I am a die hard BC/YC lover and am nervous for my Poly gig! Silly huh? could you equate the two pools for me - volcano vs. sab in terms of crowds etc? I got a PIN for 35% off Poly so I am trying it for the first time. Also, I am outside of Pgh, PA - saw you were from PA too..thanks Melissa
Wow a 3rd person doing the BC CL/Poly stay! Hello Pgh! I'm so glad I got to try both resorts. I love them both! It's hard for me to compare the pools since SAB is under construction right now (I posted pics on the BC/YC thread earlier today) - it's very chopped up & ugly. SAB was still crowded though. The Volcano pool is much smaller than SAB, and was also quite full. Since there were no kids on this trip, we made use of all the quiet pools (and hot tubs at BC) - we LOVED the quiet pool/hot tubs at both BC and BCV - they were empty all day & night. We did use the quiet pool at Poly & it was 75% full, so that will mar my opinion of it! Had it not been so full I would have absolutely loved it even more.

Ok I just talked in circles & didn't help you at all!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 03-09-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #1054
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
If you will please give us the name and midl # of the one in your room I will find a pic and specs and post it.
This is the only pic I took of it & it's hard to see:

I could not find it on the Cuisinart website.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #1055
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
This is the only pic I took of it & it's hard to see:

I could not find it on the Cuisinart website.
Wow that IS a new coffee pot with the plastic pod things!! All this time I was thinking that everybody was getting the coffee sealed in a filter with an actual plastic pod single serve! So this pic has actually put a lot of confusion to rest! They must have replaced or in the process of replacing the old two serving coffee pots with actual pod single serve since our last trip in June!

Thank you so much for your undying devotion to us fanatical Poly planners!
PS. Your Poly review was great! But did you have to tell everyone about my quiet and private morning retreat? (the quiet pool bathrooms) it is soo great when you have a room full of people and need uhhhm a place to read.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1056
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing Tara! Your Poly trip sounds like it was great except for your friend's illness. I plan on requesting Tokelau on our trip so I'm glad to hear you liked that location. I'm debating on whether or not I want to request a ground floor room. I think it will be helpful if my son does decide to take a nap.

The coffee situation is a dilemma. I was excited to hear that the new Cuisinart machines were in the rooms, but now there are reports of that coffee being no good. I'm a Keurig girl so I may have to buy the smaller model and pack it for our trip. It will depend on what airline we end up booking and what the baggage fees are if any.

From what I gather from people's descriptions of the coffeemakers it must be similar to this one:
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/cu...cup-WCM11.html

However, in reading the questions on that page they state that the exact model at Disney is a newer model that is not yet available.

ETA: Those machines above (which look similar to the ones in Poly pics) use these:

They are single servings of coffee contained within a filter. Cusinart refers to them as pods but they are not the same as or compatible with K-cups.

Last edited by TinkPirateMom; 03-09-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #1057
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Wow that IS a new coffee pot with the plastic pod things!! All this time I was thinking that everybody was getting the coffee sealed in a filter with an actual plastic pod single serve! So this pic has actually put a lot of confusion to rest! They must have replaced or in the process of replacing the old two serving coffee pots with actual pod single serve since our last trip in June!

Thank you so much for your undying devotion to us fanatical Poly planners!
PS. Your Poly review was great! But did you have to tell everyone about my quiet and private morning retreat? (the quiet pool bathrooms) it is soo great when you have a room full of people and need uhhhm a place to read.
Umm we had the same thing in our room as in the pic, and below the coffee maker in the cabinet there was pouches with coffee in them. No pods. There was small filters also you have to drop in to each before putting the coffee in.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #1058
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

I believe this is the specs on the machine that was posted by taraPA

Product Details
Help your guests feel "at home" in your hotel, motel, or extended-stay facility with the Conair Cuisinart 2-cup coffee maker. Now your guests can treat themselves to a delicious, fresh cup of coffee in their room! With its side-by-side design, your guest can brew (1) 8 oz cup at a time, or (2) 8 oz cups simultaneously. Helpful features include an illuminated power button, and easy-to-fill water reservoir, and an auto shutoff feature for safety.

Uses standard single-serve coffee pods (not included).

Is this what it looked like TaraPA?

Venom I think they might be in a transitional phase??

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #1059
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Thanks for sharing Tara! Your Poly trip sounds like it was great except for your friend's illness. I plan on requesting Tokelau on our trip so I'm glad to hear you liked that location. I'm debating on whether or not I want to request a ground floor room. I think it will be helpful if my son does decide to take a nap.

The coffee situation is a dilemma. I was excited to hear that the new Cuisinart machines were in the rooms, but now there are reports of that coffee being no good. I'm a Keurig girl so I may have to buy the smaller model and pack it for our trip. It will depend on what airline we end up booking and what the baggage fees are if any.

From what I gather from people's descriptions of the coffeemakers it must be similar to this one:
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/cu...cup-WCM11.html

However, in reading the questions on that page they state that the exact model at Disney is a newer model that is not yet available.

ETA: Those machines above (which look similar to the ones in Poly pics) use these:

They are single servings of coffee contained within a filter. Cusinart refers to them as pods but they are not the same as or compatible with K-cups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Umm we had the same thing in our room as in the pic, and below the coffee maker in the cabinet there was pouches with coffee in them. No pods. There was small filters also you have to drop in to each before putting the coffee in.
Aaaaaaahhhh!! this is like a tootsie roll pop.. I still don't know how many licks it takes to get to the center!! the world may never know!! Lol

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #1060
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aaaaaaahhhh!! this is like a tootsie roll pop.. I still don't know how many licks it takes to get to the center!! the world may never know!! Lol
Lol! I took my best stab at it, but you are right we may never know
Old 03-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #1061
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:

Product Details
Help your guests feel "at home" in your hotel, motel, or extended-stay facility with the Conair Cuisinart 2-cup coffee maker. Now your guests can treat themselves to a delicious, fresh cup of coffee in their room! With its side-by-side design, your guest can brew (1) 8 oz cup at a time, or (2) 8 oz cups simultaneously. Helpful features include an illuminated power button, and easy-to-fill water reservoir, and an auto shutoff feature for safety.

Yeah that is possible. I mean it has to be it. The one in my room looked kinda like it, but we had pouches no pods.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #1062
TaraPA

Quote:

Product Details

Yes that is exactly the unit we had. The pods were identical to the ones posted above yours, the little square individual packets. Inside each was a single serve "pod." Now keep in mind a pod looks just like a filter with grounds inside it (completely sealed), not to be confused with the "cones" or "K-cups" used in other single serve machines. I think there's some confusion here as to what the Cuisinart "pods" actually look like. They are like the filter packs of the old 4-cup pots, but tiny.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #1063
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yes that is exactly the unit we had. The pods were identical to the ones posted above yours, the little square individual packets. Inside each was a single serve "pod." Now keep in mind a pod looks just like a filter with grounds inside it (completely sealed), not to be confused with the "cones" or "K-cups" used in other single serve machines. I think there's some confusion here as to what the Cuisinart "pods" actually look like. They are like the filter packs of the old 4-cup pots, but tiny.
You are probably right about the pod differences.. So this should put this dilemma to rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah that is possible. I mean it has to be it. The one in my room looked kinda like it, but we had pouches no pods.
The afore mentioned says it's pods but really it coffee in a sealed filter pouch. Like these

Not like these

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14

Last edited by carlnix30; 03-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #1064
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

That is the machine we had as well, and those are the pods we had. They're PODS not K-Cups. They aren't plastic or anything. Just coffee in a sealed filter.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1065
TaraPA

Yes Carl, those are exactly the pods. Again, there is some confusion here over what is a Cuisinart "pod" as compared to other brand "pods" or pod-style sigle-serve units. Out of curiousity I just texted an old friend that works at Poly. She is asking around now - unofficially of course - said she'll get right back to me. She's in retail operations though, so she may not have the most accurate info.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: