Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #1036
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Your plans sound great. I thought we were the only family in the Phoenix area that goes to WDW. Everyone I know goes to DL. Annual passes are dangerous. You might want to make an extra trip. If you do decide to make that "extra trip" I highly recommend the Food and wine festival in October or the the first 2 weeks of Dec. The holiday decorations are great.
And there are some of us in California that go to WDW too! I agree I love Food and Wine. But then I also love the holiday time.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #1037
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
The in room coffee makers are regular coffee makers, no pods, no kcups, just filter and coffee. They make two different cups at the same time, say if you want to make a tea in one side and coffee in the other it can do that. But that is it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
In the Hawaii building they are pods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Sorry I must have missed that, I thought she was asking about the non-CL rooms.
So Venomhatch, you didn't get the CL room that you were sure you were promised & loved to tell us all about afterall? You told someone on here last week that the view from the lounge was spectacular - how'd you get in that lounge if you weren't Club Level? Please, do tell.

The non-CL rooms do have the pod style coffee makers. Maybe you were in an older room?

Just back last night from Tokelau & we had the pod style coffee makers. Talked to another person there in Tuvalu & they also had the newer pod style.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #1038
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
So Venomhatch, you didn't get the CL room that you were sure you were promised & loved to tell us all about afterall? You told someone on here last week that the view from the lounge was spectacular - how'd you get in that lounge if you weren't Club Level? Please, do tell.

The non-CL rooms do have the pod style coffee makers. Maybe you were in an older room?

Just back last night from Tokelau & we had the pod style coffee makers. Talked to another person there in Tuvalu & they also had the newer pod style.
If you will please give us the name and midl # of the one in your room I will find a pic and specs and post it.

EEEEEK!! The coffee dilemma still goes on! I wish someone would take a picture detailing this CRAZY discussion about what type of coffee maker is in the room! Leaving a brand name and even a model # would probably put all this confusing discussion to bed! I am seriously sending an email to the IPO asking them to send a picture of the in room coffee maker. So stand by guys maybe I will be able to sleep once I receive and post the pic!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #1039
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TaraPA!!! ~ You're back!!!! How was the trip???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #1040
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

I think at this point I'll just pack my Keurig and save myself the trouble of wondering about the coffee dilemna.

I don't like the molten lava-hot charcoal for $6 a cup they sell at Kona.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #1041
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I think at this point I'll just pack my Keurig and save myself the trouble of wondering about the coffee dilemna.

I tend to agree.. But if you get the coffee at 6 am it has not had time to burn. Just don't drink it if you are there at 7:30a I really don't think they make fresh every hour like our precious waa waa, 7-eleven or Starbucks! I stand at kona with a really sad puppy dog eyed face before they open and they usually GIVE me a fresh cup of coffee. (probably so that they dont have to look at me anymore). Just to let you know if you would like to try a really great cup of Kona coffee, order a press pot from room service.. Every year the day of our departure we order this huuuuge breakfast from room service. I can tell you we have never been disappointed with any aspect. they even bring you a toaster for your bread!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #1042
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi'all,...I am staying GV CL in October at the POLY....very much looking forward to it My question is, right now I have a request in for a 1 or 3 floor room....which is better noise wise??? in a first floor room, would I hear alot of walking about above us??? I would prefer a quieter location
Thanks for the help!
We got a 1st floor room in Hawaii and after the first sleepless night thanks to loud neighbors above us, I got us switched to a 3rd floor room. I recommend the 3rd floor, obviously!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #1043
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:

I am with you on that, I even bought the smallest one that Keurig sells to take on our last trip. Still it is almost 10lbs to the suit case.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #1044
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just back last night from Tokelau & we had the pod style coffee makers.
Welcome back......how was it?????
Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #1045
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
TaraPA!!! ~ You're back!!!! How was the trip???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Welcome back......how was it?????
It was WONDERFUL! I can see why Poly has such a huge fan base. We got off the bus & just started taking pictures like a bunch of tourists! Another guest walks by & says "it never gets old, does it?"

Check in was smooth around 1pm but the room wasn't ready til about 4:30, so we did a lot of meandering around the resort. We were in room #1941 at the end of Tokelau near GCH. This was the absolute best location for us, soooo close to everything, that I'd request this exact location again. It was only a few steps to the left to the TTC, a few steps straight out to the resort buses, a few steps off the patio (we were 1st floor) right into the quiet pool, and a few steps to the right to the GCH & Captain Cooks. LOVED IT!

The room was HUGE and immaculate. No complaints at all. Ok, well, the AC unit was loud. I mean LOUD like a plane was taking off in the room. This actually became a positive, as my friend got a nasty 24-hour stomach bug around midnight that 1st night - and with that on, I didn't hear a thing! She spent the whole 2 days & nights at the resort - she never left. She said she had a great time (other than being sick) just relaxing in the room for 24 hours, then venturing out to walk around. She said there's no other resort she'd be happier being sick at than Poly!

Captain Cooks was always crowded, and I'm not overly impressed with the food there, but it did the job. I had eaten there a few times in the past & thought the same thing. But they do have my beloved Tonga Toast, which I had both mornings for breakfast! For a resort CS, it's just fine. Better than most other resort CS locations. We didn't get a chance to do 'Ohana or Kona since my friend was sick. We've done Kona many times before for breakfast, but we had wanted to try it for lunch this time. Next time!

For anyone interested, the bathroom at the quiet pool is very large (and was also immaculate. I went to MK for about 4 hours in the am, then got my bags from Bell Services, took them to the quiet pool, changed into my suit & swam for about an hour before catching ME. The bathroom there was perfect for a changing room.

The Monorail was closed every day we were there for a period of time. Sometimes randomly we'd see it running during the day, so not sure if they opened it up when the construction stopped for a break, or if it was a test run. Being so close to the TTC it didn't make a difference to me.

The pool slide was closed both days we were there.

The Bounceback was 35% off deluxe for specific dates through 2012 (I think, don't quote me on that. Might have only been through October, didn't look at it too closely).

The coffee maker was a Cuisinart pod style - Carl not sure on the model but I might have it in a picture I can post later. There were several pods provided (in the drawer below the wet bar area). I love black coffee & liked the ones I used in the pods. I'ma ssuming they're Cuisinart brand pods, but I didn't really look. I happened to see a room in Tuvalu and they had the exact same Cuisinart pod style machine.

The 1st half of the trip at BCV was also wonderful. Loved everything about BC too! So Mousemommy1 you have a GREAT reverse trip to look forward to!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #1046
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Tara thanks for the review! 149 days for us!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #1047
nuttylawprofessor
Green is edgyWhat kinds of goodies have people found so far?
I keep my mickey hidden

Pardon the interruption, could someone tell me whether the walkway between GF and Polynesian is open during construction?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #1048
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was WONDERFUL! I can see why Poly has such a huge fan base. We got off the bus & just started taking pictures like a bunch of tourists! Another guest walks by & says "it never gets old, does it?"

Check in was smooth around 1pm but the room wasn't ready til about 4:30, so we did a lot of meandering around the resort. We were in room #1941 at the end of Tokelau near GCH. This was the absolute best location for us, soooo close to everything, that I'd request this exact location again. It was only a few steps to the left to the TTC, a few steps straight out to the resort buses, a few steps off the patio (we were 1st floor) right into the quiet pool, and a few steps to the right to the GCH & Captain Cooks. LOVED IT!

The room was HUGE and immaculate. No complaints at all. Ok, well, the AC unit was loud. I mean LOUD like a plane was taking off in the room. This actually became a positive, as my friend got a nasty 24-hour stomach bug around midnight that 1st night - and with that on, I didn't hear a thing! She spent the whole 2 days & nights at the resort - she never left. She said she had a great time (other than being sick) just relaxing in the room for 24 hours, then venturing out to walk around. She said there's no other resort she'd be happier being sick at than Poly!

Captain Cooks was always crowded, and I'm not overly impressed with the food there, but it did the job. I had eaten there a few times in the past & thought the same thing. But they do have my beloved Tonga Toast, which I had both mornings for breakfast! For a resort CS, it's just fine. Better than most other resort CS locations. We didn't get a chance to do 'Ohana or Kona since my friend was sick. We've done Kona many times before for breakfast, but we had wanted to try it for lunch this time. Next time!

For anyone interested, the bathroom at the quiet pool is very large (and was also immaculate. I went to MK for about 4 hours in the am, then got my bags from Bell Services, took them to the quiet pool, changed into my suit & swam for about an hour before catching ME. The bathroom there was perfect for a changing room.

The Monorail was closed every day we were there for a period of time. Sometimes randomly we'd see it running during the day, so not sure if they opened it up when the construction stopped for a break, or if it was a test run. Being so close to the TTC it didn't make a difference to me.

The pool slide was closed both days we were there.

The Bounceback was 35% off deluxe for specific dates through 2012 (I think, don't quote me on that. Might have only been through October, didn't look at it too closely).

The coffee maker was a Cuisinart pod style - Carl not sure on the model but I might have it in a picture I can post later. There were several pods provided (in the drawer below the wet bar area). I love black coffee & liked the ones I used in the pods. I'ma ssuming they're Cuisinart brand pods, but I didn't really look. I happened to see a room in Tuvalu and they had the exact same Cuisinart pod style machine.

The 1st half of the trip at BCV was also wonderful. Loved everything about BC too! So Mousemommy1 you have a GREAT reverse trip to look forward to!
I am so glad to hear that you had fabulous trip!!!! I saw some of your pics on the Poly pics thread - nice!!! I can't wait until our trip ~ only 128 more days to go!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 03-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #1049
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is the first thing that goes into the van when we pack. We picked up the small, one cup model for $99 and we just keep it packed for our trips.

Heres our little buddy at the contemp.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #1050
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

TARA FROM PA
Your trip sounds lovely! I am going to Poly in June for first time and am doing the POLY and BC CL on split stay. I am a die hard BC/YC lover and am nervous for my Poly gig! Silly huh? could you equate the two pools for me - volcano vs. sab in terms of crowds etc? I got a PIN for 35% off Poly so I am trying it for the first time. Also, I am outside of Pgh, PA - saw you were from PA too..thanks Melissa

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: