Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #1021
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiopia419 View Post
Leaving for the airport in 2 hours for our very first WDW trip! We should arrive at the Poly around 7pm and can't wait to see the room and which longhouse we end up in.
YAY!!!!! Hope you have fun! Let us know what you get there longhouse etc...

If you dont mind check on the slide opening day? Thanks!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #1022
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
We did encounter one rude CM our first night at Captain Cooks.
That happened to me too. I was annoyed, but went up for a drink then we ordered room service...all was well after that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
I'm dreaming of the day I will be back
That's what it's all about! Welcome home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I agree, we went to the pool maybe once the entire time there. It was nice, but would have been better if the slide was open. Yeah we actually enjoyed the beach a bit while there. Loved the Lapu Lapu and Island Sunsets.
LOVED the Island Sunset. My DH still jokes that I kept ordering drinks and switching with his...I ordered the Backscratcher, but it was way too strong SO I had DHs sunset!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Awe.. Thank you very much! I am really glad you guys enjoyed that!
You're welcome! It was great!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #1023
cassiopia419
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
YAY!!!!! Hope you have fun! Let us know what you get there longhouse etc...

If you dont mind check on the slide opening day? Thanks!!!

Definitely will check on the slide. I know we won't be using it because our son isn't quite that brave yet, but I'll see if it's open and report back what the current status is
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #1024
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP1 View Post
I stayed at the Poly 2 years ago w/ my girlfriend and all our daughters.
I woke up in the middle of the night to the guy next door snoring so incredibly
loud I have no patience for that since I have to deal w/ it every night with hubby and he had stayed home for this trip. Soooo much to my girlfriends surprise, I called the guys room and hung up when the guy answered. Stopped the snoring
I was tempted but I was so tired after a day of traveling and meetings that I fell asleep anyway. Now you want to talk tiny rooms and paper thin walls??? This NICE Hilton SUCKS! I'd rather be at Disneyworld with a tiny bit of peeling paint in the humid bathroom

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1025
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
We live in Az also. I can relate to the time zone. We can never get to WDW before 5pm and we always take the 6am flight. Enjoy your annual passes this year. We bought them last May, and have made 4 trips with them.

Did your just get a Disney premium Visa or did you get those perks for upgrading? I got the offer to upgrade in the mail and they were offering 5% cash back I don't remember a gift card offer. I haven't decided if I am going to upgrade or not.
We got a new card with the $200 gift card offer last month. It was sent to my wife (it was her PIN that got us 30% off of the Poly). Prior to getting Disney Premiere Visa we used our US Airways card for everything and have racked up the miles. We are using our US Airways companion certificates for the April trip, miles for the family in July and companion for the 2013 cruise/WDW! As you know, we live at US Airways western hub & home (PHX) so flights are direct and available (just not so cheap these days...).

We will selectively use the USA and Disney cards to get the best combination of Disney rewards and miles. We pay them off each month so the perks are truly perks. The 5% would have been great, but not offered as we are new card members.

BTW - Our $200 gift card came in the mail yesterday, it was about 3 weeks after our first purchase!

Mike DW DS (4) DMIL
First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 Poly with cruise!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #1026
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
To book the cabanas you need to call 1-407-939-7529 (1-407-WDW-PLAY) they will ask for a credit card (to hold reservation) but will not charge the card. The first page has some pictures and descriptions and there are a lot of great Poly veterans here that can answer your questions if the need arises. I have some pics of the premium cabana if you would like me to post them. I know Tinkerbelle16 has photos of the cabana from her last stay.
Thank you very much!! DH is going to be tending to some meetings while we are there and I'm just thinking that having a pool day while playing the part of a single mom of 3 boys might go smoother if we did the cabana thing. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #1027
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiopia419 View Post
Leaving for the airport in 2 hours for our very first WDW trip! We should arrive at the Poly around 7pm and can't wait to see the room and which longhouse we end up in.
Have fun
Old 03-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #1028
pawla68
Mouseketeer

Ok guys, I'm in need of some help. I have booked our August trip. This is the first time we are able to stay at the Polynesian. My hubby smokes (yes, I know, nasty, yucky habit!) anyway. I want to make a room request. We would like Tokelau, but not sure how to word what I want. We are booked garden view. I would like us to be on first floor so that it is easier for DH to go out to smoke at the appropriate smoke areas. How do I ask for all of this??

TIA

Paula

Old 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1029
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawla68 View Post
Ok guys, I'm in need of some help. I have booked our August trip. This is the first time we are able to stay at the Polynesian. My hubby smokes (yes, I know, nasty, yucky habit!) anyway. I want to make a room request. We would like Tokelau, but not sure how to word what I want. We are booked garden view. I would like us to be on first floor so that it is easier for DH to go out to smoke at the appropriate smoke areas. How do I ask for all of this??

TIA

Paula
Well here is something nice for your DH then... At the ends of the longhouses where the stairs are, there is smoking areas there. So it shouldn't be too hard to go out to either end of the building and smoke on that floor. There are mini decks at each level so plenty of room to do so.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1030
gottaluvPluto
Loving everything Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP1 View Post
I stayed at the Poly 2 years ago w/ my girlfriend and all our daughters.
I woke up in the middle of the night to the guy next door snoring so incredibly
loud I have no patience for that since I have to deal w/ it every night with hubby and he had stayed home for this trip. Soooo much to my girlfriends surprise, I called the guys room and hung up when the guy answered. Stopped the snoring
You could have used ear plugs instead of waking the poor guy up.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #1031
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

First or Third Floor??

Hi'all,...I am staying GV CL in October at the POLY....very much looking forward to it My question is, right now I have a request in for a 1 or 3 floor room....which is better noise wise??? in a first floor room, would I hear alot of walking about above us??? I would prefer a quieter location
Thanks for the help!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #1032
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi'all,...I am staying GV CL in October at the POLY....very much looking forward to it My question is, right now I have a request in for a 1 or 3 floor room....which is better noise wise??? in a first floor room, would I hear alot of walking about above us??? I would prefer a quieter location
Thanks for the help!
I always request third floor at the Poly for the balcony. However, I've stayed first floor at the Grand and CBR with no noise issues.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #1033
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawla68 View Post

TIA

Paula
You can call Disney reservations to add this information to your reservation. Make sure to request this in order of what you prefer. So ground floor, Tokelau if you prefer ground floor more than the longhouse - or reverse it if you really want Tokelau! But you will need to use the designated smoking areas since the Disney resorts are smoke-free (including rooms...and balconies/patios).

Quote:
Thanks for the help!
I've stayed both in 1st and 3rd floor rooms at the Poly (but in Tokelau) - here's my take....

What you hear above you is only in a room since a room would not be underneath a hallway where folks are walking. So you possibly could have a noisy person upstairs but the only thing I've EVER heard above me is if someone is banging (like when I was there and they were refurbing rooms) - I've never heard normal noise (talking, tv, walking) ABOVE me. I have heard more noise in the rooms NEXT to me - usually if there is a connecting door. But this noise is typically confined to when folks are leaving in the morning or coming back at night and it doesn't last long.

As for the hallway noise, I found the most I heard was when I was in the last room, 1st floor Tokelau, near the bus stop/Neverland end. There were a lot of people going in and out of that door in the mornings and in the evenings. But these were times we were also coming and going so it wasn't a big deal. I've also stayed at the end room on the beach side of Tokelau and we didn't hear a thing on that end (people used that entrance but not as heavily as the other end). In general, you will hear hallway noise on any floor when the mass exodus to the parks happen (about 7:30 - 9 am) and when rowdy folks are coming back after fireworks and evening performances. But these are just families talking loudly and enjoying their evening - not drunk college students

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #1034
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the help!
We have stayed on all floors in Hawaii building and surprisingly we have not heard walking or noises above us. Rooms next to us we have heard very loud 9 or 10 year olds.. But you can't blame them!! They are SUPER EXCITED and the only way to show that is with SUPER ENTHUSIASM.! (I hope the people next to us don't hear my SUPER EXCITED "LET'S GO" in the morning)

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #1035
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
We got a new card with the $200 gift card offer last month. It was sent to my wife (it was her PIN that got us 30% off of the Poly). Prior to getting Disney Premiere Visa we used our US Airways card for everything and have racked up the miles. We are using our US Airways companion certificates for the April trip, miles for the family in July and companion for the 2013 cruise/WDW! As you know, we live at US Airways western hub & home (PHX) so flights are direct and available (just not so cheap these days...).

We will selectively use the USA and Disney cards to get the best combination of Disney rewards and miles. We pay them off each month so the perks are truly perks. The 5% would have been great, but not offered as we are new card members.

BTW - Our $200 gift card came in the mail yesterday, it was about 3 weeks after our first purchase!

Mike DW DS (4) DMIL
First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 Poly with cruise!
Your plans sound great. I thought we were the only family in the Phoenix area that goes to WDW. Everyone I know goes to DL. Annual passes are dangerous. You might want to make an extra trip. If you do decide to make that "extra trip" I highly recommend the Food and wine festival in October or the the first 2 weeks of Dec. The holiday decorations are great.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: