Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #991
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Hey carlnix30 Longtime no see. (I have been lurking and not posting for a few months...ssshhhhh) So you are going to brave the fancy cabana again this year? Even after all the rude folks walked thru and those sugared-high-disrespecting-unsupervised-little-sweet-sweet-treasures ruined the cam shot of the Wishes spectacular?? Must be the lure of punishment to your wallet calling Just kidddinnnggg....So jealous you are heading back to the motherland. I know your family is excited. Hopefully they have added more signage or deterents(sp?) so folks don't intrude on your privacy this time. Are you doing another live cam or is your wife threatening divorce if you dare this year?
Hello

Yes I know it was so frustrating last year but alas if I expect all the monstrosities maybe I won't be as aggravated. I am just going to bring my body guard. Make him stand there with his arms crossed with a grim look on his face! or I can just get a "go away" door mat!

I have been working on the wife for the expected live feed. If the Internet has improved then I think I can get away with it with just a few scars!

I am glad you have come out of your lurking mode! I missed the flowered Amanda in your signature.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #992
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Hello

Yes I know it was so frustrating last year but alas if I expect all the monstrosities maybe I won't be as aggravated. I am just going to bring my body guard. Make him stand there with his arms crossed with a grim look on his face! or I can just get a "go away" door mat!

Maybe you could bring some of those collapseable orange work zone cones or put up crime scene tape

I have been working on the wife for the expected live feed. If the Internet has improved then I think I can get away with it with just a few scars!

Set the wife up with a spa day followed by a date night to Narcoossees(sp?) to smooth things out.

I am glad you have come out of your lurking mode! I missed the flowered Amanda in your signature.
AAwwww....so sweet. It was tough coming back to the boards after a less-than-stellar ending to my trip last Oct staying at CSR. DD10 was served allergy filled noodles and I got bad food poisoning ending up at CentraCare FUN! Anyhoo.....I am over it now and longing for the Poly but the near future will likely be Washington DC or Hawaii (depending on budget) for mine and DH's 20th Anniv in June 2013. This summer will be to see my family in SC with a stop off in Kentucky for a few nights to ride the horses and then go bet on them--LOL!

So.....I will live vicariously thru you and every other lucky soul on this board who gets to play at the Poly and drink my pina colavas

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #993
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
And the slide did they open it back up on the 4th like they promised?

No still closed, no update but they said maybe 9th
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #994
katdemar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Ok everyone - this coffee thing is starting to annoy the heck out of me. Some people say it's the pod makers, but last month I had verification from a guest that it was a standard coffee maker. To get clarification once and for all, is their a # I can call at the Poly for the front desk? Or an email? I am not staying CL and their email is the only one I can find.

Thanks!
Tahiti has the cuisinart pod style that makes two cups at a time.

*** FEB 2011 @ POP for NHSCC MEDIUM VARSITY DIVISION 3RD PLACE ******MARCH 2012 RGR @ POR upgraded to the POLY ******Anniversary Trip June 2015 ***
Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #995
gottaluvPluto
I feel like Tink and Tigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
No still closed, no update but they said maybe 9th

I heard the pool slide will open around March 9. However, they will still be working on the pool and it will be closed from time to time until April 1.

Have they started painting the rocks on the volcano? Maybe it will get done early, but I really doubt it.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #996
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your responses - it is now clear as mud!

Okay - well, I called the Poly this afternoon and I spoke directly with the head of housekeeping. She told me that in the standard rooms, it is a regular Cuisinart 4 cup coffee maker. I asked if filters were provided for us to add our own grounds from home, and she said that we should bring our own filters at home, since the coffee is served in a pre-portioned "pod" in a vaccum sealed package. (standard fair for most hotels these days) It is just placed into the regular basket and the water runs through it, there is no press, or lever to compress the pod in anyway (like a senseo pod machine would, so I think that's where some of the confusion is coming from)

So we are on the hunt for filters for a 4 cup machine now! Wish me luck!
Thanks for the definitive answer! I will pass this on to my dunkin donuts drinkin family.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #997
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
'Ello Love! Always nice to see you! Already made one change from the POR back to the Poly. I swear I'm sticking with this choice though, LOL.
Come visit us on the RC thread again. Full of Poly love I'm done ch-ch-changing too WHat happened to FWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Here now in Tahiti lagoon view 1st floor, requested 3rd floor but love the ground level easy access to lagoon and absolutely love the view
Cuisine art coffee pot its the double pod maker.
Have had to call maintenance x2 for leaky toilet heading to Epcot to Japan for dinner.
Hope the toilet is fixed when you get back. Enjoy your stay!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #998
204charity
DIS Veteran

I woke up today feeling like a complete bag of ROCKS and I can not wait to go to Disney world!!!!! Tick-tock, tick-tock.....time is going by so slow right now.........
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #999
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Awe!! So very cute!!

I miss the little cute excited faces of the young ones! My teens were once little like that. (I think)
Carl, I'm waiting with baited breath for another live feed from the Premium Cabana! I can't wait to see it! I've still got 6 months to pine for that beach front property. :-(

Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #1000
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Come visit us on the RC thread again. Full of Poly love I'm done ch-ch-changing too WHat happened to FWC
LOL, long story. (Isn't it always though) It went from Ft. Wilderness in June, to Disneyland in June, to DL in June AND WDW in December, to POR in September, now the Poly in September. I was ok with being at the POR, I was, but then everyone on that thread started talking Poly talk because so many of them were upgraded because of the Royal Room fiasco. Which led me back here to this thread, which lead me to change. Again. LOL. Last trip there was no room at the Poly for us, this time there was, so I jumped on it. We don't know the fate of the military discounts after September, so I'd better jump on it while I can.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #1001
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Carl, I'm waiting with baited breath for another live feed from the Premium Cabana! I can't wait to see it! I've still got 6 months to pine for that beach front property. :-(
Carl's live feed was AMAZING!!!!

Quote:
LOL, long story. (Isn't it always though) It went from Ft. Wilderness in June, to Disneyland in June, to DL in June AND WDW in December, to POR in September, now the Poly in September. I was ok with being at the POR, I was, but then everyone on that thread started talking Poly talk because so many of them were upgraded because of the Royal Room fiasco. Which led me back here to this thread, which lead me to change. Again. LOL. Last trip there was no room at the Poly for us, this time there was, so I jumped on it. We don't know the fate of the military discounts after September, so I'd better jump on it while I can.
You cannot beat the 40%....no way. YOU HAVE TO DO POLY DH is going too? Or just you and Kass? The last I remember it was all three of ya, right?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #1002
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Carl's live feed was AMAZING!!!!

You cannot beat the 40%....no way. YOU HAVE TO DO POLY DH is going too? Or just you and Kass? The last I remember it was all three of ya, right?
Still working on if it will be all three of us. The hubs never knows if he is going to have to deploy until the last minute. In that sense, I guess our trip is always subject to extreme and irrational changes. I just broke the news to him this morning that we're booked to go back in September. No word yet back from him as to if his reaction will be a or a . He wants to go back, he talks about it almost every day, but actually being booked to do so may scare him a bit due to expense.

I chose this time because I want to attempt the Tower of Terror 10-Miler on the 28th, and Food and Wine starts early this year. The past two years we have always been leaving on the 1st day so it will be nice to have a couple of days to use all of those extra snack credits.

LOL, I'll update you over on the RC'er's board if I have to change anything by th end of the day.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #1003
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still working on if it will be all three of us. The hubs never knows if he is going to have to deploy until the last minute. In that sense, I guess our trip is always subject to extreme and irrational changes. I just broke the news to him this morning that we're booked to go back in September. No word yet back from him as to if his reaction will be a or a . He wants to go back, he talks about it almost every day, but actually being booked to do so may scare him a bit due to expense.

I chose this time because I want to attempt the Tower of Terror 10-Miler on the 28th, and Food and Wine starts early this year. The past two years we have always been leaving on the 1st day so it will be nice to have a couple of days to use all of those extra snack credits.

LOL, I'll update you over on the RC'er's board if I have to change anything by th end of the day.
We have to remind DH how happy he was there shopping with DD (it was the last day or two when it happened right?) I will pray he can come too Very cool you are doing the ToT marathon
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #1004
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Alright so we paid off the trip yesterday and now I am just counting down the days!
Those of you discussing cabanas should get a kickback from Disney because it made me want to call and reserve one (not Premium) for our pool day. You guys are good!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #1005
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Speaking of the cabana's .... Is there a link to information on these or do you have to call and speak to the resort?

TIA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: