Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #961
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
It's still there. IPO offered it to me when I was booking our cabana day. I have to check my email to see what price I was told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Yes its still there and as of 2 months ago the price was the same.
Thank you guys for the response!
I know that in my review on the premium cabana at the tikimans site, I said I wouldn't do it again due to the price. But yesterday I booked a full day again they give a cheaper rate for the regular cabana's if you rent all day. But the premium they do not! So it will be $638 for the day. i want to have my Kona at that table again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I'm having this same feeling! We returned yesterday from 6 nights at the Poly. We had received the total opposite of what I requested at check in - the CM at the desk was perplexed because she said it was exactly what we had requested! I guess the request was mixed up. Anyway, she was able to get us 3rd floor (my 1st request) in Tokelau (one of the 3 buildings I had requested). It was perfect! I think I would request the same building on our next stay.
I loved everything about the resort. The large room, the CMs, the ease of getting everywhere, seeing the castle while walking back to our building each night, the gorgeous tropical greenery...

We were also POR Royal Room transplants, and now I feel even more fortunate that we were given the Poly upgrade.
DH was joking that I was going to sell off our DVC points so we would only stay at the Poly. I wasn't thinking quite that drastic, but I definitely want to return and soon. I've stayed in all 4 values, 2 of the moderates, 3 DVC villas, and 5 Deluxe resorts - out of all of those AKV and Poly are the ones that feel like "home".
It's amazing how well the resort is set up! It's like all the stress from my work for the year just melts away the minute I step onto the beloved Poly resort!
When we are at other resorts it's like chaos with smiling cast members!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #962
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I'm having this same feeling! We returned yesterday from 6 nights at the Poly. We had received the total opposite of what I requested at check in - the CM at the desk was perplexed because she said it was exactly what we had requested! I guess the request was mixed up. Anyway, she was able to get us 3rd floor (my 1st request) in Tokelau (one of the 3 buildings I had requested). It was perfect! I think I would request the same building on our next stay.
I loved everything about the resort. The large room, the CMs, the ease of getting everywhere, seeing the castle while walking back to our building each night, the gorgeous tropical greenery...

We were also POR Royal Room transplants, and now I feel even more fortunate that we were given the Poly upgrade.
DH was joking that I was going to sell off our DVC points so we would only stay at the Poly. I wasn't thinking quite that drastic, but I definitely want to return and soon. I've stayed in all 4 values, 2 of the moderates, 3 DVC villas, and 5 Deluxe resorts - out of all of those AKV and Poly are the ones that feel like "home".
Surprised we didn't bump into each other. I was there from the 24th to 3rd also. I wore my lime green mickeys and actually bumped into one dis member in Hollywood studios the entire time there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #963
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Oh, I HATE Starbucks coffee too!!!! I like the espresso drinks but their coffee is nasty. Maybe I've got a funky mixed up coffee gene
So do I-I suppose...All good
Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
UGHHH!!! I can't get my pics to post! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Just wanted to say hi!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #964
DelBeachGrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
If you were going to be there the same time as me, I would keep this a secret but I am not going until October, and for the moment staying club level, so I can share Last year was the second time booking a garden view at the Poly. With that being said, I knew exactly where I wanted to request from prior visits...We always request ground level for the convienence of walking out the patio to the GCH, Pool,etc. Request Samoa Ground Level, facing Volcano Pool...Or even more specifically, Room 1607-1605. I requested room 1607 because from viewing the room view photos on tikiman pages, that room had a direct view of the waterfall at the volcano pool with no shrubs in your way(on that path, their are shrubs planted, but their is one section that has a break because of a walk thru to the pool) I ended up getting room 1606 and couldn't have been happier It was close to the kids water play area, a very short walk to the pool bar, beach, GCH,etc. I loved this room so much that when booking this years trip(with a PIN) I tried getting a garden view room, and unfortunately their were no more available under the PIN, so I booked GV-Club level. I did ask though, even with paying club level price, if I don't like the view, many I switch to that room and the CM said, if available I can Enjoy!

Thanks for all the feedback guys - I am going to call back and be more specific!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #965
204charity
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone - this coffee thing is starting to annoy the heck out of me. Some people say it's the pod makers, but last month I had verification from a guest that it was a standard coffee maker. To get clarification once and for all, is their a # I can call at the Poly for the front desk? Or an email? I am not staying CL and their email is the only one I can find.

Thanks!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #966
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Ok everyone - this coffee thing is starting to annoy the heck out of me. Some people say it's the pod makers, but last month I had verification from a guest that it was a standard coffee maker. To get clarification once and for all, is their a # I can call at the Poly for the front desk? Or an email? I am not staying CL and their email is the only one I can find.

Thanks!
The in room coffee makers are regular coffee makers, no pods, no kcups, just filter and coffee. They make two different cups at the same time, say if you want to make a tea in one side and coffee in the other it can do that. But that is it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #967
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

In the Hawaii building they are pods.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #968
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
In the Hawaii building they are pods.
Sorry I must have missed that, I thought she was asking about the non-CL rooms.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #969
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Sorry I must have missed that, I thought she was asking about the non-CL rooms.
I was just clarifying for anyone else who may be questioning it. In September we definitely had new coffee makers that used pods. We also had them in Sugarloaf at the Grand.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #970
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

1st time Poly visit in June - Pool rehab? Monorail down?

Read elsewhere that the volcano p[ool is under rehab and monorail wont run at Poly. First week of June we are there - first timers. Let me add that pool and monorail are both impt! Is this a rumor or true on pool and monorail down?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #971
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Read elsewhere that the volcano p[ool is under rehab and monorail wont run at Poly. First week of June we are there - first timers. Let me add that pool and monorail are both impt! Is this a rumor or true on pool and monorail down?
The pool slide is supposed to be re-opened today I think. The resort monorail is closed between 11:30 & 6:00 daily until the end of March. Everything should be back to normal by June!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 03-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #972
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
The in room coffee makers are regular coffee makers, no pods, no kcups, just filter and coffee. They make two different cups at the same time, say if you want to make a tea in one side and coffee in the other it can do that. But that is it.
Thanks Venomhatch! Yup - looking for standard room info only. NOT CL. Sorry to bug - but do they provide filters where we can use our own coffee grounds from home? If not, what size filters should we bring do you think? And if you don't have that answer - do you have any idea how I can email or call the Poly?
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 03-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #973
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
The pool slide is supposed to be re-opened today I think. The resort monorail is closed between 11:30 & 6:00 daily until the end of March. Everything should be back to normal by June!
WHEW thanks for the response!

Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #974
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Thanks Venomhatch! Yup - looking for standard room info only. NOT CL. Sorry to bug - but do they provide filters where we can use our own coffee grounds from home? If not, what size filters should we bring do you think? And if you don't have that answer - do you have any idea how I can email or call the Poly?
I can't reference where I found the info but I have down on my packing list to bring small 4 cup basket style filters. I believe I read to bring that type for the in-room coffee makers. My wife will be happy they can also make tea.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #975
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is directly from Allears.net

Disney's Polynesian Resort is located at 1600 Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

The phone number is 407-824-2000, and the fax number is 407-824-3174.

Can't reference the actual URL because I don't want to get in trouble!!

But if you want to be perfectly safe in knowing you are going to get your home brew you can always bring a coffee press with you and get your hot water from captain cooks!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: