Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #946
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
The "real" coffee is available from the Kona cafe. DH & I aren't coffee drinkers, but have travelled with them. My sister said Kona restaurant serves Kona coffee in a french press and a Kona blend. She says the coffee at 'Ohana comes in a pot, but doesn't think it's Kona coffee (maybe the blend). Unfortunately the CS serves nescrape.
Looking forward to trying the Kona coffee however we'll be bringing along our own personal stash of Tim Horton's coffee to brew up in the room. Gotta have my Timmies! (the Canadians on the DIS will understand - it's practically our national place of worship! )

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #947
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBeachGrl View Post
Hi - I am new to this site and forums, but I am already getting so much from this thread.

I am staying at the Poly (1st time) this September with DH and 3 year old DD. We reserved a Garden View room and I requested a ground floor room so that while she naps or goes to sleep we can hang out on the patio a bit and run to get drinks or whatever without having to go through the room.

After reading through some of these posts I think I should be more specific in my request and include a building request as well. Any thoughts on which buildings are the best for a Garden View Ground Floor request?

Thanks for your feedback!
Oh, you will get lots of varied responses because we all have our favorites! Mine is Tokelau. I like it because the rooms here are a tad bigger than the 'older' longhouses, there is only one sink (I prefer more counter space), and all the garden views are GREAT! You either face the east (i.e. quiet) pool through some landscaping (that gives you some privacy on your patio) or you face the lagoon or other longhouses and walkway (my favorite view actually). We love ground floor rooms too - it's like you have all that room outside to claim as your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I don't mind Nescafe at all....but I am one of those weirdos that doesn't care for Starbucks so I usually don't offer my 2 cents re: coffee. I LOVE coffee though. DH was also SO happy to get to Disney because he didn't like the coffee at US/IoA
Oh, I HATE Starbucks coffee too!!!! I like the espresso drinks but their coffee is nasty. Maybe I've got a funky mixed up coffee gene

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #948
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Does anyone know whether the premium cabana is still there? If so did they raise the price? It was $620 for the full day or $319 for half.
Yes its still there and as of 2 months ago the price was the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
When staying club level, is it true that Conceirge sends you a personal email/survey to find out your likes,etc? If so, when do you receive this email(6 months before travel, 90 days before travel,etc) Thanks!
I have stayed CL twice and never received an email like this? The only emails I received were copies of my reservations.

Quote:
Hi - I am new to this site and forums, but I am already getting so much from this thread.

I am staying at the Poly (1st time) this September with DH and 3 year old DD. We reserved a Garden View room and I requested a ground floor room so that while she naps or goes to sleep we can hang out on the patio a bit and run to get drinks or whatever without having to go through the room.

After reading through some of these posts I think I should be more specific in my request and include a building request as well. Any thoughts on which buildings are the best for a Garden View Ground Floor request?

As was said before... you will get many responses to this. However, I can tell you I left it up to the Poly Gods a few weeks ago and won't be doing that again. I will be requesting Tokelau or Niue.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #949
Belle915
Earning My Ears

Free Dining

My DF and a I are going down in Sept (17-23rd) to the Poly and got free dining booked! We are so excited!

anyone else going around that time and book free dining? The wait was crazy this morning but totally worth it for us!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #950
MushLRC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle915 View Post
My DF and a I are going down in Sept (17-23rd) to the Poly and got free dining booked! We are so excited!

anyone else going around that time and book free dining? The wait was crazy this morning but totally worth it for us!
We are going in June but I just had to giggle when I read your post. I totally forgot they were releasing Free Dining today and I called in to make payment on my June trip. After being on hold for 20 minutes I realized what the problem was. Instead of hanging up and calling back later I continued to hold for another 40 minutes on speaker phone so I could listen to their FABULOUS hold music while I cleaned my kitchen and picked up the house. It made the mundane a bit Magical! LOL

Old 03-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #951
rao363
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If you were going to be there the same time as me, I would keep this a secret but I am not going until October, and for the moment staying club level, so I can share Last year was the second time booking a garden view at the Poly. With that being said, I knew exactly where I wanted to request from prior visits...We always request ground level for the convienence of walking out the patio to the GCH, Pool,etc. Request Samoa Ground Level, facing Volcano Pool...Or even more specifically, Room 1607-1605. I requested room 1607 because from viewing the room view photos on tikiman pages, that room had a direct view of the waterfall at the volcano pool with no shrubs in your way(on that path, their are shrubs planted, but their is one section that has a break because of a walk thru to the pool) I ended up getting room 1606 and couldn't have been happier It was close to the kids water play area, a very short walk to the pool bar, beach, GCH,etc. I loved this room so much that when booking this years trip(with a PIN) I tried getting a garden view room, and unfortunately their were no more available under the PIN, so I booked GV-Club level. I did ask though, even with paying club level price, if I don't like the view, many I switch to that room and the CM said, if available I can Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #952
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
How interesting because everyone says my DD is my mini-me Kind of hard to see in my avatar but that is me.
I tried to find a good one of my daughter at the pool like yours, but I had to settle from our balcony in Aotearoa.

Last edited by crostorfer; 03-05-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #953
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

UGHHH!!! I can't get my pics to post! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #954
Belle915
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushLRC View Post
We are going in June but I just had to giggle when I read your post. I totally forgot they were releasing Free Dining today and I called in to make payment on my June trip. After being on hold for 20 minutes I realized what the problem was. Instead of hanging up and calling back later I continued to hold for another 40 minutes on speaker phone so I could listen to their FABULOUS hold music while I cleaned my kitchen and picked up the house. It made the mundane a bit Magical! LOL
haha that's about like me! I was getting ready for work and I had my phone on speaker and I was singing along to all my fave Disney songs
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #955
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will be there 12 - 21, but we had a 35% off which works out better for us! maybe our paths will cross!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #956
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We will be there 12 - 21, but we had a 35% off which works out better for us! maybe our paths will cross!!
I will be there the 14th - 20th! Then off on the Disney Dream!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #957
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Looking forward to trying the Kona coffee however we'll be bringing along our own personal stash of Tim Horton's coffee to brew up in the room. Gotta have my Timmies! (the Canadians on the DIS will understand - it's practically our national place of worship! )

Lol we are bringing 16 individual packages (8 per box) bought at Timmy's last month! any idea what size/shape coffee filters we should bring? Do they have a 4 or 12 cup coffee maker in the room? And is it a cone or basket shaped filter?
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #958
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Lol we are bringing 16 individual packages (8 per box) bought at Timmy's last month! any idea what size/shape coffee filters we should bring? Do they have a 4 or 12 cup coffee maker in the room? And is it a cone or basket shaped filter?
The coffee makers are now Cuisinart and take coffee pods. You can't make it with regular coffee with a filter.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #959
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
The coffee makers are now Cuisinart and take coffee pods. You can't make it with regular coffee with a filter.
So they are like the keurig? When did they change those?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #960
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Glad you are loving the Poly. (knew you would) and wishes will never be the same for you after watching it on the heavenly Poly beach! Now what are you gonna do when your booking your next trip and the Poly bug starts rolling around in your head? Nothing else will compare. Poly is an addiction!
I'm having this same feeling! We returned yesterday from 6 nights at the Poly. We had received the total opposite of what I requested at check in - the CM at the desk was perplexed because she said it was exactly what we had requested! I guess the request was mixed up. Anyway, she was able to get us 3rd floor (my 1st request) in Tokelau (one of the 3 buildings I had requested). It was perfect! I think I would request the same building on our next stay.
I loved everything about the resort. The large room, the CMs, the ease of getting everywhere, seeing the castle while walking back to our building each night, the gorgeous tropical greenery...

We were also POR Royal Room transplants, and now I feel even more fortunate that we were given the Poly upgrade.
DH was joking that I was going to sell off our DVC points so we would only stay at the Poly. I wasn't thinking quite that drastic, but I definitely want to return and soon. I've stayed in all 4 values, 2 of the moderates, 3 DVC villas, and 5 Deluxe resorts - out of all of those AKV and Poly are the ones that feel like "home".
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: