Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #916
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
I can't answer your question about the buses as we always have a car onsite, but did want to say we arrive at Poly the day after you on the 17th!
Awesome! Maybe we will run into each other! I would love to have a fellow Poly fan to chat with...

Me DH DS DD
Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #917
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Buses start running an hour before the park opens. However, if you have the early morning bfast... talk to the concierge desk as they run the early bus for dining reservations only.
Thank you so much! I had no idea they had early buses for adr... I will be sure to ask about as soon as we check in...

Me DH DS DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #918
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Tara Thanks! I could use a few strong drinks. Planning this christening/birthday party is going to be the death of me.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #919
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdemar View Post
Checked in at 7 am this morning. Did online checkin, room was ready, and I received my bldg request for Tahiti lagoon view 2nd floor and a perfect view of the castle.
Hoping you and your family are having a most magical time! Could you possibly do a teensy weensy favor while you're there and let us know what the current bounce back offer is if there is one? I would be very thankful...

Me DH DS DD
Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #920
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinuponastar View Post
Hoping you and your family are having a most magical time! Could you possibly do a teensy weensy favor while you're there and let us know what the current bounce back offer is if there is one? I would be very thankful...
It's been posted before. The offer is 35% off deluxe.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #921
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
I hope I don't miss having a hot tub too much at the POLY.....I'm thinking Oct should still be warm enough that it won't be a huge issue! would sure be nice if they would add one though, it is as DELUXE resort afterall!
We were there last October (smack in the middle) and it was plenty warm enough to enjoy the pools. We didn't miss a hot tub (but I agree, for a deluxe resort, they should have one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
My Family And I Will Be Arriving At The Polynesian On October 6th!!!
My thoughts?:
I recommend renting a cabana for a half or full day. We did a full day cabana rental (not the deluxe cabana, just one of the regular ones) and it was AWESOME!!!! The lounge chairs are like clouds and it is so nice having your own shade, table, chairs, refrigerator, drinks, fruit, and a TV. LOVED IT!!!!

DD showing off the fridge:

DD showing off our table: (I don't have a picture of our fruit plate but I've seen pictures of it elsewhere on the DIS - it's a HUGE amount of fruit - more like a platter)

Picture of uber-comfy lounge chairs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Signing off shortly so I can get up for my early flight to MCO. Headed to BCV & Poly!!!!! Can't wait for my Tropical Macaw!!!
Yeah!!! Have so much fun

-----------------------------------------------------
And about those monorail hours... Right before we left on our trip last October, they decided to restrict the monorail to close one hour after park closing which meant you would take the boat or bus after MNSSHP or EMH but we were surprised to find this on our MNSSHP night:

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #922
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Wish I was theeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeee

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #923
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Hi Tinkerbelle16 Thanks for the pool confirmation that I shouldn't miss that hot tub in Sept/Oct!! I think if this was a winter trip, I'd definitely be thinking of somewhere else for the hottub,but I agree with you....I think we should be fine, and I am very much looking forward to trying the POLY for my first time! I think I may take your advice and book a Cabana for a half day (10-2) for our " hopeful MNSSHP day" it will be nice to spend the morning relaxing before heading to MK for the party

any particular regular cabana you'd recommend over the other?

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #924
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Tinkerbelle16 Thanks for the pool confirmation that I shouldn't miss that hot tub in Sept/Oct!! I think if this was a winter trip, I'd definitely be thinking of somewhere else for the hottub,but I agree with you....I think we should be fine, and I am very much looking forward to trying the POLY for my first time! I think I may take your advice and book a Cabana for a half day (10-2) for our " hopeful MNSSHP day" it will be nice to spend the morning relaxing before heading to MK for the party

We did the cabana on our MNSSHO day and it was FABULOUS! I prefer Mauna Kea. I feel like I can keep an eye on DS better from there than the other one. Just my two cents!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #925
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
We did the cabana on our MNSSHO day and it was FABULOUS! I prefer Mauna Kea. I feel like I can keep an eye on DS better from there than the other one. Just my two cents!
Agreed on Mauna Kea! We got to the attendant first that morning and our name was actually on Mauna Loa but he said we were there first and got to pick. While they are located 'next' to each other, Mauna Kea was nearer the pool with the two chairs on the side (you can see them as black wicker in my picture) faced the pool (through the landscaping). It was also bit set back from the stairs vs. Mauna Loa. You share the stairs with the other cabana. But either one is still fantastic! I did try to call in advance to request Mauna Kea but they wouldn't let me. Just show up first! I showed up almost 30 minutes prior to our time (at 9:30) and the other cabana folks were actually right behind us in line (they showed up maybe 5 minutes after us). So I'm glad I got there early. They also let us in the cabana early too. It's definitely a nice rest in an otherwise GO GO GO vacation

Old 03-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #926
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Agreed on Mauna Kea! We got to the attendant first that morning and our name was actually on Mauna Loa but he said we were there first and got to pick. While they are located 'next' to each other, Mauna Kea was nearer the pool with the two chairs on the side (you can see them as black wicker in my picture) faced the pool (through the landscaping). It was also bit set back from the stairs vs. Mauna Loa. You share the stairs with the other cabana. But either one is still fantastic! I did try to call in advance to request Mauna Kea but they wouldn't let me. Just show up first! I showed up almost 30 minutes prior to our time (at 9:30) and the other cabana folks were actually right behind us in line (they showed up maybe 5 minutes after us). So I'm glad I got there early. They also let us in the cabana early too. It's definitely a nice rest in an otherwise GO GO GO vacation
I requested Mauna Kea through IPO. Hopefully they were able to notate it. If not we will be there a few minutes before 10. Last year we were about 15 minutes early so I let my DS go in the pool and I sat and waited for our cabana. No one else had rented the other one so I was in luck. I chose Mauna Kea and loved it. Another family eventually came and checked out the other cabana and ended up renting it for the day. I may look at our budget and consider an additional cabana day!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #927
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We were there last October (smack in the middle) and it was plenty warm enough to enjoy the pools. We didn't miss a hot tub (but I agree, for a deluxe resort, they should have one).

I recommend renting a cabana for a half or full day. We did a full day cabana rental (not the deluxe cabana, just one of the regular ones) and it was AWESOME!!!! The lounge chairs are like clouds and it is so nice having your own shade, table, chairs, refrigerator, drinks, fruit, and a TV. LOVED IT!!!!

DD showing off the fridge:

DD showing off our table: (I don't have a picture of our fruit plate but I've seen pictures of it elsewhere on the DIS - it's a HUGE amount of fruit - more like a platter)

Picture of uber-comfy lounge chairs:

Yeah!!! Have so much fun

-----------------------------------------------------
And about those monorail hours... Right before we left on our trip last October, they decided to restrict the monorail to close one hour after park closing which meant you would take the boat or bus after MNSSHP or EMH but we were surprised to find this on our MNSSHP night:

Your daughter and my daughter could be twins, LOL.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #928
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think you will be ok without the hot tub. We did use the hot tub at the BW everyday the first week of Oct. That had a lot to do the BW pool heater being broken. We have had problems with our resort pool on our last 3 trips.Since we are staying at 4 or possibly five resorts next trip. I am hoping at least some of the pools are working properly. The Cabanas look nice. How much do they cost? Have you checked yet?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #929
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Here now. Poly is gorgeous as always! A few updates- pool slide still closed. Newest note today says may reopen on the 9th. Monorail has NOT been closed during the day yesterday or today, but instead closing earlier at night (before MK regular closing). We came back earlier last night, but we'll see what it's like tonight. Dole whip machine was down yesterday, haven't checked today.

We're in Tokelau again, I love it! Grounds are beautiful, as usual. Hot yesterday. Cool today but sunny. They were calling for rain, so we're happy! Ohana with our party of 15 in about an hour!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 03-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #930
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Hi all! Here now. Poly is gorgeous as always! A few updates- pool slide still closed. Newest note today says may reopen on the 9th. Monorail has NOT been closed during the day yesterday or today, but instead closing earlier at night (before MK regular closing). We came back earlier last night, but we'll see what it's like tonight. Dole whip machine was down yesterday, haven't checked today.

We're in Tokelau again, I love it! Grounds are beautiful, as usual. Hot yesterday. Cool today but sunny. They were calling for rain, so we're happy! Ohana with our party of 15 in about an hour!
Great to hear you've had a great start to your vacation! Hope it continues to be magical!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: