Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #571
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I made all our ADRs today, including 2 'Ohana dinners...and my mom is asking for a 3rd.
Congratulations!

We actually considered skipping 'Ohana in favor of a new signature this trip since we have deluxe dining, but we quickly dismissed that crazy notion! We missed 'Ohana last trip because we booked our trip within 90 days and weren't able to get 'Ohana, no matter how many times I called or loged on. We can't stay at the Poly and NOT have dinner at one of our all-time favorites! The good signatures will still be there next time!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #572
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31sdad View Post
Just got back... They are serving hot breakfast items. Its ALL good!

BTW - I may have missed an earlier post, but the Volcano Pool Slide is now closed. It closed on 2/6. However, the pool itself does remain open... and if you want to use the pool slide at the GF, that is open.
Thanks for posting! Glad the hot breakfast is still there. I'm not much of a big breakfast eater, but DH sure is! Glad to know about the slide, too. I guess that means that it "should" be ready to go by the time we are there in April.
April 2012 Polynesion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #573
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have some silly and completely non-important questions.

Is the refillable mug specific to the Poly? Meaning, does it have a Poly theme/design on it?

How fast can you get to the MK via monorail from the Poly? What about Epcot?

What is the height requirement for the Volcano Slide?

What kind of snacks do they serve at the Barefoot Pool Bar?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #574
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post

Is the refillable mug specific to the Poly? Meaning, does it have a Poly theme/design on it?

Thanks in advance!
Let's see...last I knew (and I don't think the mugs have changed) is that the mugs are NOT Poly specific. Just WDW, same as in other resorts

Monorail times depend on how long you have to wait for one and whether they need to stop due to "traffic" or not. For MK, if you walk up and one is right there, less than 10 minutes, if the only stop is to pick up at the GF. I'd say average with waits/stops is about 15 mins, what does everyone else think?

To Epcot, the ride itself is about 10 minutes I think, so average 15 mins or so, once you're at the TTC.

No height restriction for the Volcano slide. My little one had just turned 3 the first time she did it! They do allow life vests - they have them there for free or you can use your own Speedo-style. They do also allow parents to help at the bottom as long as you stay out of the way for others. The "current" at the bottom can make getting away from the slide difficult for a non-swimmer, so if you have a little one, you probably want to be there to assist.

Not sure on the snacks - I've only gotten drinks!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #575
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I'll add to what has already been posted -

The refillable mug is the standard WDW resort mug now. They had pink, blue, and black tops when I was there a couple months ago.

Depending on where you are at the Poly will depend on how quickly you get on the monorail. The entrance is located on the 2nd floor of the great ceremonial house. But it just takes a couple minutes to get there from your room. Once you are there, you might wait for a monorail depending on how busy it is and when the last one just went - I've only waited 5 minutes or so. After the accident with the monorails, they have a built in 'stop' so that the monorails do not get within a certain distance. It's a good safety feature so don't be surprised if you are paused while another monorail up ahead unloads.

While there is no height requirement at the volcano slide, if your little one has trouble, you may reconsider. The person must walk up steps, have the patience to wait in line, and go when the light turns green. If your child needs help with that and with someone at the bottom, you'll need two people to help with the process. There are also complimentary life vests available for the day if someone needs one.

The only snacks they serve at the pool bar are chips. But Captain Cooks is very close to the pool area. You can EASILY get food there and bring it to the pool area (just no drinks/food in the pool or on the edge of the pool). It is absolutely allowed.

Have fun planning!!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #576
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick responses!

More questions:

Will Kona do "to go"? One big thing for me in Hawaii was eating rice with EVERYTHING and especially with Macaroni Salad and Chicken!!! I noticed that Kona has a "Plate Lunch" but don't think we will do a TS meal for lunch. Could I do that "to go"...wonder if they would just let me order that Mac Salad separately...

Do they ever have Lilo & Stitch in the Lobby or in front of Ohana or is that strictly a breakfast character experience?

And, I notice that the pool hours state that they are open until "dusk" but if you wanted to "swim at your own risk" after dark, is that allowed?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #577
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:

More questions:

Will Kona do "to go"? One big thing for me in Hawaii was eating rice with EVERYTHING and especially with Macaroni Salad and Chicken!!! I noticed that Kona has a "Plate Lunch" but don't think we will do a TS meal for lunch. Could I do that "to go"...wonder if they would just let me order that Mac Salad separately...

Do they ever have Lilo & Stitch in the Lobby or in front of Ohana or is that strictly a breakfast character experience?

And, I notice that the pool hours state that they are open until "dusk" but if you wanted to "swim at your own risk" after dark, is that allowed?
Sorry I don't have a definite answer on the Kona question, but I seem to remember that someone posted a long time ago that Kona & 'Ohana don't do take-out. Kona does provide the meals for in-room dining though, so maybe you could order some Mac salad up to your room (although for a premium!)

Generally speaking Lilo & Stitch don't hang out in the lobby and just appear in the restuarant for the meal.

I believe you can swim in the pool when there is no guard on duty, but as you said, at your own risk.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #578
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

I have another question for the Poly experts.

What type of coffeemakers are in the rooms now (we are in a GV not CL)?

TIA

Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #579
31sdad
Earning My Ears

Quote:

More questions:

Not sure about Kona to go... Captain Cooks is the Quick Service/Snack Place. They have burgers, salads, Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches... I thought the stir fried noodles were really good. Plus, they have a seperate bakery section with muffins, brownies, cookies, etc... not to mention Dole Whips! Additionally, there is a Kona Island Sushi Bar if you like that sort of thing. We liked Captain Cooks quite a bit.

The characters pretty much stayed in the Ohana Restaurant for breakfast from what I could tell.

Also, the lifeguards will tell you that the pool is open until midnight. Though, it never really closes as long as late night swimmers aren't making a ton of noise. My boys were in the pool until around 1a one night.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #580
kimberwee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31sdad View Post
Not sure about Kona to go... Captain Cooks is the Quick Service/Snack Place. They have burgers, salads, Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches... I thought the stir fried noodles were really good. Plus, they have a seperate bakery section with muffins, brownies, cookies, etc... not to mention Dole Whips! Additionally, there is a Kona Island Sushi Bar if you like that sort of thing. We liked Captain Cooks quite a bit.

The characters pretty much stayed in the Ohana Restaurant for breakfast from what I could tell.

Also, the lifeguards will tell you that the pool is open until midnight. Though, it never really closes as long as late night swimmers aren't making a ton of noise. My boys were in the pool until around 1a one night.
The pool staying open so late means we wont feel so rushed to get back to the resort before a certain time so that DD can swim! Love it!

Thanks for the info!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #581
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The pool staying open so late means we wont feel so rushed to get back to the resort before a certain time so that DD can swim! Love it!

Thanks for the info!
Just to clarify, you are allowed to swim in the pool, but the SLIDE is CLOSED when the lifeguards leave. This is the case at all of the Disney resorts.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #582
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Shameless Ticker Check!

'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 02-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #583
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Got 2 packs of Mickey Mail...and an email from IPO...it's real now LOL!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #584
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Got 2 packs of Mickey Mail...and an email from IPO...it's real now LOL!!!

Can't wait to test out my lovely new Nikon D700 at the Poly in 178 days!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #585
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Sweet camera - cha-ching! Take some pics for me please!

Oh wait, I'll be there before that...well then, don't be dissing on my Canon Powershot pics LOL!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: