Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #526
Tinks
I had the hots for my accounting teacher and eventually married him!

Aloha friends!

We are moving back to the States this summer In celebration, we'll be meeting up at Disney (!) with friends we've made while in Singapore.

I gave my boys the choice of BCV with nice 2 bedrooms or Polynesian. They went with the sentimental favorite--Polynesian! Ok by me

My question is: do I book now or wait for annual pass discounts for July to come out? Our trip is July 26. Thanks.

And, is there free wi-fi now?

Also, last time I stayed here, there were only dvd players in the club level rooms. Don't know if that's changed, but hope it helps.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #527
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Do the rooms have a DVD player?
I'm used to the DVC rooms having one, but it's been awhile since we've stayed in a non-DVC Deluxe resort.
I looked on Tikiman and on the front page of this thread, and I didn't see it mentioned. So, no?
There are no DVD players in the rooms with exception to club level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Aloha friends!

We are moving back to the States this summer In celebration, we'll be meeting up at Disney (!) with friends we've made while in Singapore.

I gave my boys the choice of BCV with nice 2 bedrooms or Polynesian. They went with the sentimental favorite--Polynesian! Ok by me

My question is: do I book now or wait for annual pass discounts for July to come out? Our trip is July 26. Thanks.

And, is there free wi-fi now?

Also, last time I stayed here, there were only dvd players in the club level rooms. Don't know if that's changed, but hope it helps.
I would suggest booking your room. If you book through disney, you can always change your rate code up to 45 days prior to your vacation without penalty.
And if you book now you can make your ADR's. If you don't you could risk not having a room available.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #528
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good morning everyone.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #529
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good morning everyone.
Good morning to you fine sir!

The weird salt that is left for CL guest upon departure and the story behind it.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #530
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball View Post
I have stayed at deluxe, mod, and the values...I am always happy as long as I am on property.
Yes, me too. Granted, the only deluxe I've ever stayed in so far was the WL. I loved it. I'm super excited to try the Poly though! EEEEK!!!!
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #531
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

This time tomorrow, I will be pulling out of my driveway to head over to the Poly!

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #532
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeermama View Post
This time tomorrow, I will be pulling out of my driveway to head over to the Poly!
I just read your married to a pirate part of your sig, that is very creative! great job on it.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #533
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

All I can say about this thread is WOW!!!! I am loving the pictures around the resort...makes me want to be at the Poly now . We upgraded our garden view to a MK view (couldn't resist knowing I could look out my window and see Cinderella's Castle) and will be calling back later today to request Tihiti...I love the fact that it is right off the beach. Just wondering how far of a walk Tihiti is from the GCH and the main pool? It doesn't look that far but DH is concerned that it will take forever to get to those two areas . I think because he saw how close the Tihiti longhouse is to the TTC he is a little nervous.

Also, what are some must dos around the resort. We are only spending 3 nights here and I want to make sure I get the whole Poly experience in during that time (if I can). I am planning on eating breakfast at O'hana's one morning (love that character meal) and having dinner there (will be a first time), and of course I want to check out the torch lighting ceremony if it is possible. We will be there from Tuesday 8/28- Friday 8/31 so if anyone knows of activities that goes on during those days of the week, please share them so I plan accordingly. I did check out Tikiman's website (such a great site too) but wanted to find out what you Poly experts like to do when hanging around the resort. Thank you all so much in advance for your help.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #534
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We've never gotten salt on our CL stays. just the Poly chocolate that I never let DS eat. Now he just hands them right over without bothering to ask if he can have it. I should just let him have it as I have no idea where they are!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #535
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
All I can say about this thread is WOW!!!! I am loving the pictures around the resort...makes me want to be at the Poly now . We upgraded our garden view to a MK view (couldn't resist knowing I could look out my window and see Cinderella's Castle) and will be calling back later today to request Tihiti...I love the fact that it is right off the beach. Just wondering how far of a walk Tihiti is from the GCH and the main pool? It doesn't look that far but DH is concerned that it will take forever to get to those two areas . I think because he saw how close the Tihiti longhouse is to the TTC he is a little nervous.

Also, what are some must dos around the resort. We are only spending 3 nights here and I want to make sure I get the whole Poly experience in during that time (if I can). I am planning on eating breakfast at O'hana's one morning (love that character meal) and having dinner there (will be a first time), and of course I want to check out the torch lighting ceremony if it is possible. We will be there from Tuesday 8/28- Friday 8/31 so if anyone knows of activities that goes on during those days of the week, please share them so I plan accordingly. I did check out Tikiman's website (such a great site too) but wanted to find out what you Poly experts like to do when hanging around the resort. Thank you all so much in advance for your help.
I can't really comment on the walk from Tahiti to the GCH since I haven't stayed in that longhouse, but the Poly isn't a huge resort, so nothing is that far. If you end up in Tuvalu for TPV, don't despair ... we had requested Tahiti our first year and didn't get it. Instead we fell in love with Tuvalu (I posted a few pics of the view on the weekend). It is very close to the GCH & volcano pool. There is a small beach on the GF side that is pretty much deserted and on some nights you can hear the music from the luau (but not loudly inside)

As for Poly must-do's:
- don't miss the EWP & Wishes from the beach (although you will also get to enjoy these from your balcony! )
- bonfire & movie on the beach
- hula lessons
- sea raycer rentals at the marina (if you booked a package you will get a coupon in your document package)
- dole whip from CC's
- a lapu lapu or pina coLAVA from the poolside bar (although the lapu lapu won't be in a pine apple from the Barefoot bar)
- cabana rental if it is in the budget
- take the small launch to/from the MK at least once - it's a very relaxing escape from the crowds and you get to enjoy the views of the lagoon
- just take in and enjoy the Poly atmosphere (get up early and take a stroll around the grounds)

I'm sure I've probably missed something, but that's a good start. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
We've never gotten salt on our CL stays. just the Poly chocolate that I never let DS eat. Now he just hands them right over without bothering to ask if he can have it. I should just let him have it as I have no idea where they are!
We didn't get the salt after our CL stay in the fall either.

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #536
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Do the rooms have a DVD player?
I'm used to the DVC rooms having one, but it's been awhile since we've stayed in a non-DVC Deluxe resort.
I looked on Tikiman and on the front page of this thread, and I didn't see it mentioned. So, no?
we have a portable dvd player that we bring.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #537
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

July AP booking Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
There are no DVD players in the rooms with exception to club level.

I would suggest booking your room. If you book through disney, you can always change your rate code up to 45 days prior to your vacation without penalty.
And if you book now you can make your ADR's. If you don't you could risk not having a room available.
You can book now as suggested/urged above and hope for a good AP discount for July.

Please note, you can book ADRs NOW without booking the room or anything else as you are in the 180 day window. I suggest doing so as the best places at the best times book fast during the summer. I'd say the same about the "best" rooms too...

We have a second trip planned for July and will be off property (meeting at Gaylord Palms); however I've booked dinner at WDW every night we are there (i.e. no room reservation, but lots of ADRs).

Mike

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url

Last edited by MikeRx; 02-06-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #538
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
You can book now as suggested/urged above and hope for a good AP discount for July.

Please note, you can book ADRs NOW without booking the room or anything else as you are in the 180 day window. I suggest doing so as the best places at the best times book fast during the summer. I'd say the same about the "best" rooms too...

We have a second trip planned for July and will be off property (meeting at Gaylord Palms); however I've booked dinner at WDW every night we are there (i.e. no room reservation, but lots of ADRs).

Mike
I believe you do indeed have to have a room booked to make dining reservations this far out. When I make mine it asks me to confirm my reservation.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #539
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I believe you do indeed have to have a room booked to make dining reservations this far out. When I make mine it asks me to confirm my reservation.
You can book ADRs up to 180 days in advance without a room reservation. But it is exactly 180 and no further! I just did several for my July trip

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #540
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Hello fellow Poly lovers....

Just curious in case i am able to upgrade to my beloved Poly May 25-June 2, is there any major construction going on during that time?

thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: