Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #481
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Family vote...

Since I am on the fence (but tipping...obviously...)

DH: Whatever I want (but he IS the #1 Poly lover in the family)
DS11: Volcano slide looks cool, but SAB is awesome
HRH: Also on the fence with me...gotta love my girl
DD5:the birthday girl...Poly
DD4: Poly
DS3: CASTLE
OK, not for nothin', but DS3's vote is clearly for the Poly (since he will be able to SEE the castle)
Which looks like 3 solid Poly votes, 2 undecided and 1 vote for BC.

For DS11, SAB might be a better pool. But the Poly pool is awesome, and IMO, better for your other 3 kids. Also, with a family that big and the ages of yours, I think the monorail access to MK and the walking distance to the TTC is worth it's weight. They are both great resorts! I would do Poly now when you can really appreciate its location and BC later when the kids are older (LOL I keep saying that, and my kids now 17 and 15 refuse to switch to BC!)

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #482
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
All my little Poly lovers! Last night I was talking to DS about how we are staying somewhere off the monorail for the first 4 nights and he was seriously disappointed! He demanded the Grand or Poly. When I told him we had to save just a little bit of money so he could buy stuff he agreed to explore our options. He likes POR better than Pop because they have a slide.
They like the icons/POP theming DS11 is the only one who will do the slide, so he's fine waiting...

update....HRH Poly, DH Poly...time to "change the reservation" as DS3 would say

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Easy peasy! Come sit on the Poly/BC split bench with me!
We are Pop/BC split I'd rather do 5 nights in one deluxe...we are 3 nights POP/5 nights BC..3 nights Myrtle Beach (driving home) so I do need to pick....(I think my tribe has picked for me)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #483
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
OK, not for nothin', but DS3's vote is clearly for the Poly (since he will be able to SEE the castle)
Which looks like 3 solid Poly votes, 2 undecided and 1 vote for BC.

For DS11, SAB might be a better pool. But the Poly pool is awesome, and IMO, better for your other 3 kids. Also, with a family that big and the ages of yours, I think the monorail access to MK and the walking distance to the TTC is worth it's weight. They are both great resorts! I would do Poly now when you can really appreciate its location and BC later when the kids are older (LOL I keep saying that, and my kids now 17 and 15 refuse to switch to BC!)
That's my thought too...BC is not going anywhere. And we are still sporting the double stroller The volcano pool is close to the beach right? So they can play in the sand too (a big plus of SAB right???)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #484
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They like the icons/POP theming DS11 is the only one who will do the slide, so he's fine waiting...

We are Pop/BC split I'd rather do 5 nights in one deluxe...we are 3 nights POP/5 nights BC..3 nights Myrtle Beach (driving home) so I do need to pick....(I think my tribe has picked for me)
I'm not getting too excited because I know you just a little too well.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #485
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
pas You know what to do, sis.

maiapapaya We are already going for 12 nights. I'm maximizing my Disney fix this year.
Sweet! I'm not sure I could convince DH to stay 12 nights.

Quote:
Isn't it great how we've brainwashed our children!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 02-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #486
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's my thought too...BC is not going anywhere. And we are still sporting the double stroller The volcano pool is close to the beach right? So they can play in the sand too (a big plus of SAB right???)
The beach borders the zero entry side of the pool.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #487
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Sweet! I'm not sure I could convince DH to stay 12 nights.

Just another reason I like being single. No one to cramp my Disney style. My DS is already brainwashed to love Disney, so the longer we stay the better he likes it (especially when Poly CL is involved!).
Old 02-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #488
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Family vote...

pas - I told you to stay away from this thread, now look what you gone and done..............I see the new ticker already POLY.............

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #489
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look at post 473 one page back on this thread. It is a great shot of the zero-entry end of the pool, a small walkway between pool and beach, and then the beach with its rows of lounge chairs. From this shot, you really can't tell how big the beach is, but it is quite substantial. So the Poly has this one beach plus two others off to either side, that are also very big. Can you imagine the view of Wishes nightly from this spot? MK resorts guests are also treated to the wonderful EWP nightly. It starts at the Poly at 9PM.

Honestly, don't miss an opportunity to try this resort!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #490
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Family vote...

Ok, we are both having the same dilemma---BC or Poly?!?!

BUT, do I see that you've changed your ticker to Poly???

At least one of us has made a decision!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #491
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not getting too excited because I know you just a little too well.
True....but I already heard back from the IPO. I asked to special order a birthday cake for our arrival day (DD 6th birthday). And it's all taken care of, when I tried to ask BC IPO for assistance with the same they gave me the cake hotline. So I am already feeling good about my choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
we got the 2012 planning DVD and we have watched it twice already today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
pas - I told you to stay away from this thread, now look what you gone and done..............I see the new ticker already POLY.............
I tried, I did, stayed away YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Look at post 473 one page back on this thread. It is a great shot of the zero-entry end of the pool, a small walkway between pool and beach, and then the beach with its rows of lounge chairs. From this shot, you really can't tell how big the beach is, but it is quite substantial. So the Poly has this one beach plus two others off to either side, that are also very big. Can you imagine the view of Wishes nightly from this spot? MK resorts guests are also treated to the wonderful EWP nightly. It starts at the Poly at 9PM.

Honestly, don't miss an opportunity to try this resort!
We have watched Wishes from the dock before when we did an O'Hana's dinner. It was amazing! My DH takes us to the Poly every trip and we stroll the grounds, we love the vibe. I took him overnight for our anniversary (his first actual stay) then I booked a GF Honeymoon room as a surprise the following day. We had BF at O'Hanas and hopped the monorail only to discover they overbooked the GF King room...I have YET to hear the end of moving him from his beloved Poly This will TOTALLY redeem me. The kids have never stayed there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Ok, we are both having the same dilemma---BC or Poly?!?!

BUT, do I see that you've changed your ticker to Poly???

At least one of us has made a decision!
Hopefully I will stop changing already. Dani can, I know I can too
Old 02-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #492
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
True....but I already heard back from the IPO. I asked to special order a birthday cake for our arrival day (DD 6th birthday). And it's all taken care of, when I tried to ask BC IPO for assistance with the same they gave me the cake hotline. So I am already feeling good about my choice

we got the 2012 planning DVD and we have watched it twice already today

I tried, I did, stayed away YESTERDAY

We have watched Wishes from the dock before when we did an O'Hana's dinner. It was amazing! My DH takes us to the Poly every trip and we stroll the grounds, we love the vibe. I took him overnight for our anniversary (his first actual stay) then I booked a GF Honeymoon room as a surprise the following day. We had BF at O'Hanas and hopped the monorail only to discover they overbooked the GF King room...I have YET to hear the end of moving him from his beloved Poly This will TOTALLY redeem me. The kids have never stayed there!

Hopefully I will stop changing already. Dani can, I know I can too
Dani is still waffling between POR and Pop. Over on the POR thread it seems everyone is trying to get an upgrade so I'm starting to really feel uneasy about booking there.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #493
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dani is still waffling between POR and Pop. Over on the POR thread it seems everyone is trying to get an upgrade so I'm starting to really feel uneasy about booking there.
But you're not budging on Poly

I totally get what you're saying about threads though, when a thread is a "happy place" it makes you want the resort that much more...Pop is a happy place. THIS is a happy place (GF too but the construction, it's out for this trip~and you know DH is happy about that )

POR looks nice, and the pool has the cool slide BUT for us, POP seems easier to get around, and is a FUN atmosphere
Old 02-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #494
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nothing to feel uneasy about...it's just the old "wanting something for nothing" and "entitlement" society we live in....because some have been given upgrades many more will try as well...obviously anyone would try to get Poly for the price of POR, makes sense! Oh wait...I had that.....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #495
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But you're not budging on Poly

I totally get what you're saying about threads though, when a thread is a "happy place" it makes you want the resort that much more...Pop is a happy place. THIS is a happy place (GF too but the construction, it's out for this trip~and you know DH is happy about that )

POR looks nice, and the pool has the cool slide BUT for us, POP seems easier to get around, and is a FUN atmosphere
I love Pop. and you're right, it is all about the vibe. I'm not feeling the vibe there. This thread is such a happy place as well. I've never waggled when I booked the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Nothing to feel uneasy about...it's just the old "wanting something for nothing" and "entitlement" society we live in....because some have been given upgrades many more will try as well...obviously anyone would try to get Poly for the price of POR, makes sense! Oh wait...I had that.....
There's been trips I couldn't afford more than Pop. I've always jUst been happy with what I can afford. Maybe next year but I'm really doubting it for this trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: