Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #3391
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick v2 View Post
Currently on a plane heading to the Poly!!!
Have fun!!! That will be my husband and I in 2 weeks!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #3392
CUTiger97
Earning My Ears

First time poster--couple of questions

Hi everyone....we are bringing our kids (4 and 1) for the first time next week and staying at Poly. Any recommendations for which building (s) are best to stay in? Also, you think there is any shot for an upgrade given that I believe next week attendance is down significantly?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #3393
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
Can anyone advise how I can get fr Poly to MK for a 8.05 breakfast ressie if MK only opens at 9? I under the monorail starts an hour b4 park opening. But we are suppose to check in 15 mins early at 7.50. Will there be any bus?
We had the same thing on our trip last year. The monorail was up and running and we were there well before the 7:50 am. Try to plan to take a few extra minutes wondering up Main street while it is so quiet in the morning.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #3394
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I can't wait! We talk about our poly stay almost every day! We're going for our honeymoon in June/July of next year! We booked a few weeks ago and I've been bouncing about it ever since!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #3395
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
We had the same thing on our trip last year. The monorail was up and running and we were there well before the 7:50 am. Try to plan to take a few extra minutes wondering up Main street while it is so quiet in the morning.
Thanks. I am so relieve to hear this. may I ask if you took the monorail from the GCH or did you have to go to TTC?

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #3396
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTiger97
Hi everyone....we are bringing our kids (4 and 1) for the first time next week and staying at Poly. Any recommendations for which building (s) are best to stay in? Also, you think there is any shot for an upgrade given that I believe next week attendance is down significantly?
Depends in what you want I'm a longhouse. Do a google search for tikiman and check out his site. It has a great run down on all the longhouses

I stayed in Tahiti and loved it. Very quiet, basically a private beach no one used which meant my own personal hammock for wishes! And a fast walk to ttc which I used almost exclusively for my transpo. The only negative to this was a farther walk to GCH for food and drinks. We didn't use the pool (slide closed for refurb in feb) so it wasn't too much of a hardship.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #3397
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

*Disclaimer* upon reading my last post it is clear to me that typing on this iPad is causing many typos so please do not think I am loaded writing my updates....at least not every time I post

So today was a perfect example of why staying at the Poly is worth it to us. We enjoy our down time, we go with the flow. Today we woke up, had a light breakfast in the lounge and then showered and headed to the MK. We hit the headliners, Space and Splash but BTMRR was down most of the morning. At about 11:30 the skies opened up and it was a monsoon! So we headed back to the Poly for lunch. We got some capt cooks and ate it back at the lounge and then wandered around the resort and lobby for a bit and then a quick power nap.

We then headed to the GF for DD Island braid appointment. We shopped there for a bit and then back to the Poly. We headed up to the Tambu Lounge for a cocktail and then headed to the pool for hours! It was beautiful out and while we planned to hit another park today we were comfortable and relaxed and decided to stay.

We just watched the EWP and Wishes and now we are ready for bed! There are some great pics in the Facebook link below. You don't have to be a FB member to view. It is just too hard to post with iPad!

Tomorrow we hit the countries and possibly some Agent P missions! Since Test Track is closed DH is boycotting Future World! LOL the Facebook page will be hopping tomorrow with pics!

Of note, enjoy your kiddos when they are young on these trips! DD is not interested in characters or finding Hidden Mickeys. It's ride, rides, rides! But nonetheless we are still having a great time!

Aloha and goodnight!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #3398
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We did online check in today which means in 10 days we will be checking into the Poly . We are so excited for our stay here, it's been a long time since the last time I stayed here (back in the 8's) and the first time for my DH and both of my kids. Just out of curiosity, in the special request part of the online check-in, it had a box for Somoa Building and then another one for Somoa. What is the difference? I check marked Somoa building because I really don't care which side of the building. I just thought it was kind of strange.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #3399
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
Thanks. I am so relieve to hear this. may I ask if you took the monorail from the GCH or did you have to go to TTC?
From the GCH
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #3400
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

BreezysMom Sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation! So jealous. It has been so long since we have been to the Poly and we probably won't be back until summer of 2014. I totally agree that the Poly resort is so relaxing to just hang out. And the location next to the GF is awesome as it has some of our favorite TS and beautiful grounds to meander. Also love to hop the monorail to the CR for shopping

I tried to see your facebook page via the link but it didn't work for me. I am one of those people......who doesn't do facebook or twitter so I guess I will have to wait until your trip report to see the pics. Have fun and drink a few Pina Colavas for me while lounging on the beach

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 08-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #3401
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
From the GCH
Got it! Thanks!!

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #3402
smile145
Mouseketeer

Room Requests

Hi I was wondering what everyone has had as the best way to get a room request. I will be heading to the Poly in October and will have a MK view room but I would like a request a room in Tuvalu. I did note it on the reservation on the phone, is this the best way?

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #3403
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
We did online check in today which means in 10 days we will be checking into the Poly . We are so excited for our stay here, it's been a long time since the last time I stayed here (back in the 8's) and the first time for my DH and both of my kids. Just out of curiosity, in the special request part of the online check-in, it had a box for Somoa Building and then another one for Somoa. What is the difference? I check marked Somoa building because I really don't care which side of the building. I just thought it was kind of strange.
YAY! I'm so jealous you are heading to the Poly! We just returned and I am so BLUE! It doesn't matter if you checked Samoa Building or Samoa. There is no difference. I'm not sure why they have both?

Don't worry if you DON'T get Samoa. Every building has its unique benefits. The Poly is awesome from every building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile145 View Post
Hi I was wondering what everyone has had as the best way to get a room request. I will be heading to the Poly in October and will have a MK view room but I would like a request a room in Tuvalu. I did note it on the reservation on the phone, is this the best way?

Thanks!
We always have made our requests when we call to make our ressie initially. A newer thing now is online check-in. 10 days before your stay, you can check-in online and click on "special requests." You will be able to check Tuvalu as your request. This will reinforce your initial request. Good luck getting it. The views from there are really spectacular!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #3404
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
YAY! I'm so jealous you are heading to the Poly! We just returned and I am so BLUE! It doesn't matter if you checked Samoa Building or Samoa. There is no difference. I'm not sure why they have both?

Don't worry if you DON'T get Samoa. Every building has its unique benefits. The Poly is awesome from every building!
Just remember that the best medicine to cure the blues is to start planning another trip...always works for us . Thank you so much for the clarification, I thought it was really weird that they had a check mark box next to both Samoa and Samoa building. As for which building, to me it really doesn't matter because I am just happy to be staying at the Poly, however DH wants to be as close to the main pool and GCH as possible and since we have a GV room, it looks like that building is close to both the main and quiet pools and the GCH.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #3405
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer

Arrived at the Poly today! Came in late because I am sick . So far everything is great. Watching the Lion King while waiting to go to the lounge for Wishes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: