Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #3331
Fruto76
Mouseketeer

This morning I was able to add the military discount to our reservation in January. Now I'm super excited about our first Poly stay. Keeping my fingers crossed the hot tub will be up and running by then. I'm thinking I might want to soak after the half marathon
Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #3332
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
That menu looks amazing! I wish my trip wasn't so jam packed, so I could enjoy the appy hours more! I am making sure to do Monday night's though, our friend Dani is there right now, and posted it was sushi Monday I gotta make time for that!!! I can't wait, I'm so excited fir my first POLY CL stay!
You are going to have such a wonderful trip ....
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #3333
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Today our cabana attendant confirmed the deluxe cabana will be the location of the hot tub. She also informed us that they're adding two more standard cabanas on the beach.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #3334
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Glad to see the Poly board remains as wonderful, friendly and informative as I recall. Arriving in 49 days but staying at BWI--my first non-Poly trip. Had to check in to the Poly board for a Poly fix. I'm sure I'll love the BWI, but it won't be the Poly!
I'm a lurker on the Poly threads because the Polynesian is our feels like "home" resort even though we stay at other resorts for various reasons. We've had many stays. As much as we love, love the Polynesian, DD and I did a BWI stay last January and really loved our experience. I would stay there again in a heartbeat! The Boardwalk area has a totally different personality than the MK resort area but great in it's own way. I hope you enjoy your stay!

I had to come out of lurkdom to say I am BEYOND THRILLED that the Polynesian is FINALLY getting the hot tub!!! Ahh! I too hope it's ready for Marathon Weekend!!
With the new room designs coming as well, I'll be less tempted away by other resorts. Where's the smilie with the leis and Lapu Lapu??

Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #3335
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
You are going to have such a wonderful trip ....
Thanks Linda! I just read the latest posts to the "Polynesian Resort Reviews" thread and had a twinge of fright hearing the words, Dark, dank, and musty.....but then I remembered our Dani is there right NOW , LOVING her room and EVERYTHING about the resort.....it brought me back and I am fine!!! back to VERY excited about my first Poly stay

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #3336
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

A week from tomorrow we are on our way! I am playing around with my iPad so I can post pics and updates!

DD countdown calendar

I have things "organized" it is just a matter of doing all those last minute things that have to wait. Especially since we usually go in October we usually have our warm weather clothing ready to pack but it looks like last minute packing will be necessary!

My co worker offered to take my dogs so I don't have to clean my house for my sitter. This really takes a huge load off!

I am truly looking forward to this short getaway before heading back to school and soccer! I hope to be able to do a live report like Disneydreamin & I loveeeyore but we are considering a technology ban but I explained to DH that would be too cruel

It is nice to know this time next week we will be snoozing since our limo is arriving at 5am!!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #3337
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We are checking into the Poly in 19 days . This is the first time I have stayed there since I was a kid and this is a first time ever for my kids and DH. Anyways, I want to experience everything that the Poly has to offer, or that 3 nights would allow us to . I know the lighting ceremony is a must (at least one night though), maybe having the kids make a lei or do a hula lesson in the lobby (do they still offer these?). Another thing I do want to do is try the Lapu Lapu. I am not a heavy weight drinker by any means...I drink socially, therefore I was wondering how strong it actually is (not big into really strong drinks). I have read reports that it is so strong that if you drink 2 you will turn pretty loopy . I'm just curious what is exactly in this drink, if anyone knows. DH seems to think I should try it just to say I have done it before. What does everyone else think about it? I am more of a Pina Colada, Pina Colava type of drinker....I do like my flu-flu drinks but I like the taste of the fruit, not so much the alcohol. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #3338
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Today our cabana attendant confirmed the deluxe cabana will be the location of the hot tub. She also informed us that they're adding two more standard cabanas on the beach.
Does anyone know if there will be another deluxe cabana added in somewhere? Our family and friends were looking to book this to hang out in after the Marathon! It is the perfect location for the hot tub though!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #3339
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1
We are checking into the Poly in 19 days . This is the first time I have stayed there since I was a kid and this is a first time ever for my kids and DH. Anyways, I want to experience everything that the Poly has to offer, or that 3 nights would allow us to . I know the lighting ceremony is a must (at least one night though), maybe having the kids make a lei or do a hula lesson in the lobby (do they still offer these?). Another thing I do want to do is try the Lapu Lapu. I am not a heavy weight drinker by any means...I drink socially, therefore I was wondering how strong it actually is (not big into really strong drinks). I have read reports that it is so strong that if you drink 2 you will turn pretty loopy . I'm just curious what is exactly in this drink, if anyone knows. DH seems to think I should try it just to say I have done it before. What does everyone else think about it? I am more of a Pina Colada, Pina Colava type of drinker....I do like my flu-flu drinks but I like the taste of the fruit, not so much the alcohol. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Yes, definitely check out torch lighting ceremony. But keep in mind it does not happen on Sun and MondAy night because the Luau is dark. It is about 10 minutes but great fun! The hula lessons are in the lobby in the afternoon. Check the activities guide upon arrival. There is a great kids area in the lobby where old cartoon are played while the kids can color or make leis! DH and I like to relax and people watch while DD sat and colored and watched the cartoons.

As far as the Lapu Lapu, I say give it a try. Maybe share it with your DH. Honestly is looks big in that pineapple but it is not too much of a drink but it IS potent. It is nice a fruity too! As one DISer used to say, one makes you happy, two makes you invisible!

I enjoyed one while listening to some fabulous music in the Tambu lounge and it was a nice nightcap we went back to the room and I was ready to zonk out!

Happy planning! I hope I helped answer some of your questions
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #3340
Duplexdis
Dis veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Soo funny, I keep second guessing my decision to not do Club level since most of the DIS'ers on this board seem to go CL. But we're doing deluxe dining, park hoppers, an extra day and some other fun extras!! I hope you check back in and let us know how your trip went, we're at 92 days out.
Too funny, same scenario! I think we made the right decision. We did CL last year, and honestly, it almost stressed me out, feeling like I needed to make it to the lounge every day and get my money's worth. I'll let you know how we make out!
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #3341
Duplexdis
Dis veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I've stayed at the Poly 4x now and always in the cheapest room So here is a DISer that doesn't do CL! Although I would if it wasn't so pricey!!! But don't worry about it, non-CL is still fabulous!
So good to hear, thank you!! I think I would be happy sleeping on a walkway as long as I am at the Poly!
7/88 Polynesian, 7/94 Offsite, 1/97 Polynesian, 4/07 Coronado Springs, 9/08 POP, 10/09 POP, 09/10 POP, 2/11 POP, 9/11 Polynesian, 1/12 POFQ, 9/12 Polynesian, 6/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Grand Floridian, 7/13 Kidani Village
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #3342
Duplexdis
Dis veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I'm a DxDP afficionado (at least until Disney egregously raised the prices for 2013), so CL doesn't entice me.
CL is OK, but for the price you can get so much more. This is our first time on DDP, and I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #3343
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Does anyone know if there will be another deluxe cabana added in somewhere? Our family and friends were looking to book this to hang out in after the Marathon! It is the perfect location for the hot tub though!
Probably not. They said they were getting rid of it because it doesn't get booked as often as they'd like.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #3344
Duplexdis
Dis veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjhjb View Post
Loving this thread! We're due to arrive at Poly on August 19th - our first time in Disney with the kids!! DH was 16 the last time he was there, and I was 6 (and Disney had only been open a few years back then) - so it will be like our first time too.

Can anybody tell me - the info on this thread is fantastic - but I know I followed a link from the DIS to another website that was all things Poly. Fantastic descriptions of each longhouse and his ratings...but I can't find it anywhere - can somebody link me?
It is www.tikimanpages.com. I LOVE this site!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #3345
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Interesting (Tikiman has been reporting that the hot tub will go where the children's play area is).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: