Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #3121
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDreamer View Post
Just changed our reservation from GV to GVCL for our 12/01 to 12/08 trip. So excited. Last time we were at WDW we got a pixie dust upgrade to club level. We got spoiled. So when we got a 30%PIN we just HAD to upgrade. We will be celebrating both my DS(10) Bday (12/3) and mine (12/08). Can't wait.
We love CL!! Really, once you do it, it's hard not to book it the next time. Just hope you don't get upgraded to the other side of Hawaii...then you'll be TOTALLY ruined!! Not that I know from personal experience or anything.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #3122
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post

So far there is no definite schedule. Tikiman had one on his website I think, but recent reports suggest that his schedule is inaccurate. Don't worry if you don't get Tahiti. Tuvalu has spectacular views also. Also, you could even get upgraded to the Hawaii building (CL) if there aren't enough standard rooms due to renovations! I think you will enjoy the Poly as a change of pace from the CR. I doubt you will miss the walk to MK. There are so many other ways to get there, plus you will appreciate the easier access to Epcot via direct monorail to TTC.
Thanks! Looks like we'll just stick to TPV and keep our fingers crossed that all will work out well. Hope the weather will be good enough for kids to enjoy the pool at Poly. The last time we stayed at CR and went to Ohana at Poly, we were envious of the pool. Now that we'll be staying at Poly, I hope weather will be gd enough for us to enjoy it

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #3123
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Congrats!
whoohoo Dani 16 days???
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #3124
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
whoohoo Dani 16 days???
That's right! :b anana:
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #3125
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
We love CL!! Really, once you do it, it's hard not to book it the next time. Just hope you don't get upgraded to the other side of Hawaii...then you'll be TOTALLY ruined!! Not that I know from personal experience or anything.
We went CL at the Poly about 6 trips ago now and won't book anything else now

Old 07-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #3126
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
We went CL at the Poly about 6 trips ago now and won't book anything else now
I brought my parents for their first stay on-site last year and we stayed CL at Poly and the Grand. This year my mom's first question was "we have that lounge again, right?" They spoiled me as a kid, now it's my turn!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #3127
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
LOL I am laughing at this because I just introduced my parents to CL last Dec at the Poly and now thats the only way she wants to go! Is this when the kid becomes the parent? My parents are gonna break me!
Should we lecture them about getting spoiled and earning what they want?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #3128
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Generally speaking, how much more is concierge? And do the concierge buildings have balconies?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #3129
catzle
DIS Veteran

We just went and stayed 9 nights in the hawaii building. The only discount available was 10% with AAA. It was $6,000 for a family of 4, two adults, two children. GVCL. We were upgraded to LVCL because our room was located where the staff smoked and we put on our sheet my daughter had major asthma and allergies so they moved us.
WLV May 2007,
Poly LVC May 2008,
Poly LVC May 2009,
Wonder Double Dip May 2010 followed by Poly GVC
Dream 4 night, May 2011 followed by Poly LVC
Poly LVC June 2012
WL December 2012
Old 07-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #3130
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzle View Post
We just went and stayed 9 nights in the hawaii building. The only discount available was 10% with AAA. It was $6,000 for a family of 4, two adults, two children. GVCL. We were upgraded to LVCL because our room was located where the staff smoked and we put on our sheet my daughter had major asthma and allergies so they moved us.
This doesn't sound good!!! Did the staff smoke outside the building?
Old 07-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #3131
catzle
DIS Veteran

Right at our patio because we were the room next to where the trash or some kind of room is.
WLV May 2007,
Poly LVC May 2008,
Poly LVC May 2009,
Wonder Double Dip May 2010 followed by Poly GVC
Dream 4 night, May 2011 followed by Poly LVC
Poly LVC June 2012
WL December 2012
Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #3132
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Absolutely! I think there should be a warning label on the Hawaii building and a letter you get in the mail after you book!

You can actually get a GV CL room for slightly less than a regular Lagoon or TPV room. Now... when you get into Lagoon or TPV rooms you are talking a HUGE jump... depending on how long you go, your discount, number of people and so on... But, I can give you an example. I am going for 5 nights in September and I get a travel agent discount so with the discount and the five nights and 2 adults, it was $450 more for LV CL and $575 more for TPV CL from a GV CL. Now... keep in mind, I get about a 50%+ discount.
In all seriousness though, it really is nice to be able to do something nice for our parents now as an adult. After my sister passed away I didn't think I'd see my mom smile again so taking her to Disney and making her happy just feels really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzle View Post
That's a fantastic upgrade!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #3133
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Hello,
I'm thinking of changing my reservations to the Poly. I cant help it ! I was there last year and so far it is my most favorite resort. We were in Tokelau last year. I was thinking of requesting Samoa if we change our reservations for this October.
I have a question about the Samoa building. I know I have read on Tikiman's site that there are no balconies on the second floor.
In the photos it looks like there are ?
Even though I was there last year I totally do not remember looking up at the balconies when I was around the pool.
So maybe there are on one side and not the other ? Or are there not balconies on both sides of Samoa ?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #3134
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Hello,
I'm thinking of changing my reservations to the Poly. I cant help it ! I was there last year and so far it is my most favorite resort. We were in Tokelau last year. I was thinking of requesting Samoa if we change our reservations for this October.
I have a question about the Samoa building. I know I have read on Tikiman's site that there are no balconies on the second floor.
In the photos it looks like there are ?
Even though I was there last year I totally do not remember looking up at the balconies when I was around the pool.
So maybe there are on one side and not the other ? Or are there not balconies on both sides of Samoa ?
It appears from the outside that Samoa has balconies on both upper floors, however those aren't true balconies on the second floor. It is just a railing against the sliding door.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #3135
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday!

It was an exciting weekend as we received all our Mickey mail and we were not even really watching out for it I have to say, if you go to Disney, this is the way to do it! Book about a month in advance and have no worries!

Even DH who dares to not even bother with discussions about our trips until at least 7 days before departure expressed that he is "excited" about this trip as much as our first trip because there is not all the build up before. While he has a point, I do love planning our Disney trips!

DD and I watched all our previous trip videos and we have somewhat of a plan of what we want to see and what we are not even going to bother with. Although seeing the videos of MNSSHP and F&W made us feel a tiny bit sad but I still so excited that we get to go, if even for four nights!

These past few days we have been purging all of DDs old clothes and toys. It is great to get some things cleaned out of the house! We have to get all her stuff ready for school because we come home from Disney and she has her first day of school the next day! I know, not ideal but it is what it is

Today as we continue to clean, I will start placing things in the "Disney Box" to remember to pack. Since we usually go in late October it is always sketchy on what to pack as far as sweatshirts and jeans. This trip we are each bring one sweatshirt for inside. That is all I think we will need so packing should be quite easy!

Off to finish spring cleaning (a season late )Have a Happy Monday everyone!
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: