Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #3091
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Tikiman is not always correct.
WOW....harsh.

Well I just report what they tell me. If things change after they tell me something, there is not much I can do about it.

Their schedule says Tokelau will be done next March. Aotearoa is scheduled to be the first to get the new rooms starting in October. You can believe me or not. Also had Tourning plans at the front desk to ask them to check the system to see if Tokelau was going down and they saw nothing all the way out to October.

Thats my 2 cents.

Aloha
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #3092
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
WOW....harsh.

Well I just report what they tell me. If things change after they tell me something, there is not much I can do about it.

Their schedule says Tokelau will be done next March. Aotearoa is scheduled to be the first to get the new rooms starting in October. You can believe me or not. Also had Tourning plans at the front desk to ask them to check the system to see if Tokelau was going down and they saw nothing all the way out to October.

Thats my 2 cents.

Aloha
I'm not being harsh. I didn't say you intentionally post incorrect information just misinform people. I'm just stating that you aren't always given correct info. I'm a huge fan of your site and appreciate any info you can provide, but just like any other news source, not all information will be 100% correct all of the time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #3093
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Aww...lets not pick on Steve. He is an awesome source of information for the Poly and beyond that is a really nice guy! A lot of the useful information on this thread has somehow originated from him and his site!

Let's face it..Disney is the master of keeping people guessing. They have not officially announced GF DVC and we all know that it is a hot mess of construction over there. We were there when they were building BLT and people were literally looking at you like you had two heads when you asked what they were building.

Plans change and Disney keeps better secrets than the CIA so let's give tiki an the benefit of the doubt because he certainly is in the know a lot more than most people, especially people who work at the Poly.

I would do smiley faces and hugs but I am on my iPad and have no idea how to do it! Steve, you rock and I personally thank you for all your efforts keeping us addicted to the Poly with your info
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #3094
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Tikiman!!! We are all big fans and appreciate all you do to keep us Poly lovers as informed as possible! We also know how unpredictable all those decisions can be at Disney.

It's GREAT to see you here on this site!!! My DH and I will be at the Poly in a few weeks and plan to send you a trip report and all the info we can gather. Thanks for EVERYTHING!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #3095
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
Aww...lets not pick on Steve. He is an awesome source of information for the Poly and beyond that is a really nice guy! A lot of the useful information on this thread has somehow originated from him and his site!

Let's face it..Disney is the master of keeping people guessing. They have not officially announced GF DVC and we all know that it is a hot mess of construction over there. We were there when they were building BLT and people were literally looking at you like you had two heads when you asked what they were building.

Plans change and Disney keeps better secrets than the CIA so let's give tiki an the benefit of the doubt because he certainly is in the know a lot more than most people, especially people who work at the Poly.

I would do smiley faces and hugs but I am on my iPad and have no idea how to do it! Steve, you rock and I personally thank you for all your efforts keeping us addicted to the Poly with your info
I wasn't picking on anyone, as I pointed out in my post above.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3096
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
I wasn't picking on anyone, as I pointed out in my post above.
I didn't take it that way at all, you were simply pointing out that sometimes facts can be incorrect from any source, whether it be tikiman, The DIS, or Disney themselves. With which I agree with you 100%

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 07-19-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #3097
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I didn't take it that way at all, you were simply pointing out that sometimes facts can be incorrect from any source, whether it be tikiman, The DIS, or Disney themselves. With which I agree with you 100%
Thanks Tara. That's exactly how I meant it. Not picking on anyone.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #3098
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

I understand Dani and no need for anyone to get upset at you. I was just surprised by that response. Im not often in here but everyone was emailing me about this rumor that started on the DIS.

I spend a lot of time confirming the info I get and not just going off rumors by cast members because I know they are fed wrong information all the time. I just want to clarify that I can’t remember the last time I posted anything that was not true at the time I posted it. It may seem like I got wrong information that I passed along to everyone but usually it was correct information at the time I posted it and Disney changed the plan. A good example is the Fourth of July wrist banding stuff. It was 100% accurate because CMs from the resort were being informed that it was going to happen and from that I posted what they were told was happening. Then they decided not to do that. Also when they planned on doing more to the quiet pool and the dates they originally set changed but I saw the memos that went out stating the dates and there was even an artist rendering of what the pool was going to become so I know the information was correct, they just changed their plan. That happens often so I always try to tell people that even when they have a plan written out and given to the staff, it can change the day it was supposed to happen.

Not that I can’t make a mistake (happens every day unfortunately…ha) but I try and make sure something is right before I post it to everyone when it comes to the Polynesian. Sometimes I just don’t have the info so I won’t just make something up or if I am guessing based on info I do have then I try and be very clear that it is a guess. I hear lots of rumors even from those at the resort but I know where I can get information I can trust.

There are many people here that have great resources also so you are in good hands when it comes to info on this forum. Anyway we are all here to help each other.

Well I am not really supposed to post here so I better go before I get banned.
I hope everyone has a great visit to the Polynesian and soon there will be many new things there to enjoy.

Aloha

Steve
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #3099
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Tara. That's exactly how I meant it. Not picking on anyone.
I didn't think you were picking anyone either FWIW Dani....love ya!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #3100
Kbohannon
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedles View Post
Can u confirm where this info comes from? Tikiman quoted the front desk CMs today that there is no closure scheduled for Tokelau through October ??
This information s what we were told upon check in at the hotel. Ther have been a few issues w ith communication at the desk, so perhaps this is incorrect, but we were told it will be being renovated during part of our stay. I am just sharing what we were told to prepare others!
Kim
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #3101
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I didn't think you were picking anyone either FWIW Dani....love ya!
Thanks Jenny!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #3102
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Well I am not really supposed to post here so I better go before I get banned.
I hope everyone has a great visit to the Polynesian and soon there will be many new things there to enjoy.

Aloha

Steve
I have an image of an alarm going off on some moderator's computer somewhere ... "we have a Tikiman breach in the Resorts forum, I repeat, a Tikiman breach in the Resorts forum!"

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 07-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #3103
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
I have an image of an alarm going off on some moderator's computer somewhere ... "we have a Tikiman breach in the Resorts forum, I repeat, a Tikiman breach in the Resorts forum!"
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #3104
weedles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbohannon

This information s what we were told upon check in at the hotel. Ther have been a few issues w ith communication at the desk, so perhaps this is incorrect, but we were told it will be being renovated during part of our stay. I am just sharing what we were told to prepare others!
Kim
Thank you for taking the time to post why you know while in your vacation. Hope you have a fab time
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #3105
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
This is a riot...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: